News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
ambrish.p

उर्वशी गुलाटी होंगी हरियाणा की सूचना आयु&#2325

ambrish.p

As reported in Dainik Jagran on 28/03/12

उर्वशी गुलाटी होंगी हरियाणा की सूचना आयुक्त

चंडीगढ़, जागरण ब्यूरो : पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री ओमप्रकाश चौटाला की असहमति के बावजूद राज्य की मुख्य सचिव उर्वशी गुलाटी को राज्य सूचना आयुक्त नियुक्त करने का रास्ता साफ हो गया है। उर्वशी गुलाटी 31 मार्च को सेवानिवृत्त हो रही हैं। उनकी सेवानिवृत्ति के साथ ही उर्वशी गुलाटी को राज्य में सूचना आयुक्त नियुक्त कर दिया जाएगा। उनके आइएएस पति नरेश गुलाटी इस समय राज्य के मुख्य सूचना आयुक्त के पद पर तैनात हैं। मंगलवार को यहां हरियाणा निवास में मुख्यमंत्री भूपेंद्र ¨सह हुड्डा की अध्यक्षता में हुई चयन समिति की बैठक में उर्वशी गुलाटी के नाम को हरी झंडी दे दी गई। बैठक में विपक्ष के नेता एवं पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री ओमप्रकाश चौटाला, प्रदेश की शिक्षा मंत्री गीता भुक्कल और प्रदेश के मुख्य सूचना आयुक्त नरेश गुलाटी मौजूद थे। पता चला है कि बैठक में इस तरह की चयन प्रक्रिया पर चौटाला ने आपत्ति दर्ज कराई है। चौटाला ने कहा कि बैठकों की सूचना तो पहुंच जाती है ¨कतु एजेंडा नहीं भेजा जाता। चौटाला ने बैठक में कहा कि कम से कम दस दिन पूर्व बैठक का एजेंडा पहुंचना चाहिए ताकि उस पर अध्ययन किया जा सके। उर्वशी गुलाटी की बड़ी बहन मीनाक्षी आनंद चौधरी भी जब मुख्य सचिव के पद से सेवानिवृत्त हुई थीं तो वर्तमान सरकार ने उन्हें सूचना आयुक्त नियुक्त किया था। बाद में उन्हें मुख्य सूचना आयुक्त भी बनाया गया। इससे पूर्व मुख्य सचिव के पद से सेवानिवृत्त हुए धर्मवीर को भी सरकार ने हरियाणा राज्य चुनाव आयोग में निर्वाचन अधिकारी नियुक्त किया हुआ है। आज ही भारत सरकार के पर्यावरण और वन मंत्रालय ने अधिसूचना जारी कर सेवानिवृत्त आइएएस अधिकारी आरडी श्योकंद को हरियाणा राज्यस्तरीय पर्यावरण प्रभाव निर्धारण प्राधिकरण का अध्यक्ष नियुक्त किया है। इसी वर्ष में हरियाणा में पुलिस महानिदेशक (सीआइडी) के पद से सेवानिवृत्त हुए पीवी राठी को हरियाणा सरकार ने पुलिस एवं गृह विभाग का सलाहकार नियुक्त किया है। दूसरी तरफ, मुख्य सचिव के पद से सेवानिवृत्त हो रही उर्वशी गुलाटी के बाद मुख्य सचिव पद के लिए पीके चौधरी की ताजपोशी का रास्ता लगभग साफ हो गया है। हालांकि वरिष्ठता के लिहाज से राजकुमार का नाम लिया जा रहा है ¨कतु बताते हैं कि उनकी सेवानिवृत्ति चार माह बाद होने के कारण मुख्य सचिव के पद पर चौधरी की नियुक्ति होगी। हालांकि कृष्ण मोहन के नाम की भी चर्चाएं हैं मगर उन पर सीबीआइ का मामला होने की वजह से उनका नंबर कटने की खबरें हैं। पता चला है कि हरियाणा सरकार ने केंद्र में प्रतिनियुक्ति पर वाणिज्य विभाग में संयुक्त सचिव के पद पर नियुक्त पीके चौधरी को रिलीव करने के लिए केंद्र सरकार को पत्र भी लिखा है।

Atul Patankar

Appointed even before she retired!.

I am sure as chief secretary, she was a part of the committee short listing the names for this appointment. Did she recommend her own name, certify her own character, typed her own appointment letter, attended the meeting with CM and Leader of opposition, took down the minutes, and send appropriate letter to Governor for signature?

Haryana people must be congratulated on getting such self less person as info commissioner.

Wow, her husband is the Chief SIC Narsh Gulati !. Is this the only couple in India serving as information commissioners?

Even Mr. Naresh Gulatis appointment was similarly handled, and that too by Ms. Urvashi herself. In her own words, "Within a matter of hours, she first accepted the resignation of her husband, Naresh Gulati — an IAS officer of the 1975 batch — from the post of financial commissioner (Revenue) and then issued him an appointment letter as the chief information commissioner (CIC) of the state. "

Yogi M. P. Singh

We need nonbureaucrats as commissioners in CIC & SICs. For the post of Chief Information Commissioner , candidate may be judge of high court or most popular R.T.I. Activist who may have strugled for the nobel cause and matter concerned with the larger public interest. We would not like that a person who withheld information during entire service as a bureaucrat may, after retirement, become CIC & ICs. How such people may be instrumental in providing information to information seekers. Suppose a person too much qualified but he/she is using is ability in negative direction then where will he/she carry on the system? At least central government and state governments may stop the practice to appoint retired bureaucrats as CIC and ICs as such appointments are unhealthy to pious commissions. Why Hon'ble Justices and prominent R.T.I. Activists are not appropriate for such posts.

karira

Looks like as if Haryana SIC is a nice place to have a family reunion !

karira

As reported by Sukhbir Siwach and Anita Singh in timesofindia.indiatimes.com on 31 Mar 2012:

Babu as information commissioners: RTI activists see red - The Times of India

Babu as information commissioners: RTI activists see red

CHANDIGARH/KARNAL: RTI activists in Haryana have decided to protest against the appointment of bureaucrats as state information commissioners (SIC) directly after their superannuation "without transparency". They have also planned to move the Punjab and Haryana high court against the appointment of outgoing chief secretary, Urvashi Gulati as the SIC.

Urvashi Gulati's husband Naresh Gulati is chief state information commissioner while her elder sister, Meenaxi Anand Chaudhry had also been state information commissioner.

After a meeting of the selection committee recently, the state government had reportedly recommended the name of Gulati as the next SIC. However, a member of the committee and leader of opposition in the state assembly, Om Prakash Chautala has already demanded that a fresh panel be prepared to appoint the SIC. Chautala had told The Times of India that he had given his dissenting note in the meeting as there was no panel of candidates to select the SIC.

The development has upset the RTI activists, who have already been demanding transparent procedure, for appointment of SICs. "We would stage protests at district headquarters to protest the backdoor entry for such prestigious posts," announced Subhash Chander, state convener of Harayana Soochna Adhikar Manch. The manch has 3,500 RTI activists as its members.

Subhash Chander said that they would also write a letter to the Haryana governor seeking his intervention to stop the appointments of retired or outgoing bureaucrats as the SIC. "These posts should be advertised so that eligible persons can apply. There should be preference for those who already have been working in the field of RTI," he suggested.

"As RTI activists, many times, we have to fight against the bureaucrats when they don't supply the information under the act. But government has repeatedly been appointing retired bureaucrats as state information commissioners making our struggle tougher," he added.

Echoing similar sentiments, Panipat-based RTI activist, PP Kapoor, said that information sought by him in regard with property details of the state bureaucrats had not been provided to him for the last two-and-a-half-years.

Kapoor, who had remained at the forefront of using the RTI to expose several irregularities in the working of various government departments, said that it was unjust to even appoint bureaucrats as info panel members. "The RTI act clearly states that intellectuals, academicians, retired judges or armymen, journalists and activists could be appointed as info panel members," he maintained. He said that though seven out of 10 posts were lying vacant, the government had not bothered to fill the vacancies by considering the provisions of the act.

J.C.Mishra

Its shows the nexus between politicians and pro-government bureaucrats.

harinder dhingra

[h=2]Re: उर्वशी गुलाटी होंगी हरियाणा की सूचना आयु&a[/h]Dear friends,

I am not holding any brief for Ms Urvashi Gulati and in fact has been at receiving end because of her decisions in undersigned cases but are we not jumping the gun by criticizing Ms Urvashi Gulati without even having access to information as to what she did for RTI Act implementation during her tenure as Chief Secretary?

During her tenure, the implementation of RTI Act has been put on fast track in Haryana. Was not she the reason for taking personal interest in getting the reports of various departments under Section 25 of RTI Act 2005. Was she not the reason in effectively persuading for more funds for computerization in Haryana State Information Commission?

She has been one of the best bureaucrat the Haryana has produced. No one in her entire carrier has accused her of any wrong doing. Let us wait and give her time to show her intent as Information Commissioner and then we can question her actions.

Are we interested in implementation of RTI Act 2005 or in personalities?

I agree that we have very RTI activists such as Dr S Malhotra, Mr Subash Chander, Mr P P Kapoor and many more who have done yeoman service for the implementation of RTI Act 2005 and if they agree they should be appointed for remaining Six posts of State Information Commissioners.

Mr Om Parkash Chautala has already asked for new panel of names and let us hope that now it is turn of RTI Activists to serve the cause of implementation of RTI Act.

And on lighter note, Mr. Karira- yes it is nice to find the name of HSIC as a place for family reunion as suggested by you.

harinder dhingra

student of rti

harinder dhingra

karira

And on lighter note, Mr. Karira- yes it is nice to find the name of HSIC as a place for family reunion as suggested by you.

harinder dhingra

Please check up if there are more siblings in the family, who are IAS/IPS/IXS/etc....

Also if any husbands are waiting in queue.

At least the future appointments should not come as a shock to any activist.

He he LOL.............

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble members. If some one is talking of merits, then that respected person is praiseworthy among us. If Hon'ble panel will consider some RTI Activists for the post of information commissioners is welcome step in the direction of proper implementation of transparency act. Primafacie it was obvious that nepotism was displaying from the proposed name and forum dealt with the iron hand which was obligatory duty of forum. RTI India forum speaks the voice of RTI Activists from every nook and corners throughout the country. Whatever Karira Sir has said is ipsofacto obvious. We will support his stand till otherwise is proved.

harinder dhingra

Dear Mr Yogi M P Singh,

Primafacie it was obvious that nepotism was displaying from the proposed name and forum dealt with the iron hand which was obligatory duty of forum. RTI India forum speaks the voice of RTI Activists from every nook and corners throughout the country. Whatever Karira Sir has said is ipsofacto obvious. We will support his stand till otherwise is proved.

Now with the conduct of Hon'ble IC by deciding almost 15-16 cases per day and bringing the level of pending appeals to two months waiting, will some one rise and say that needless accusations are not the need of the day. She has proved with her conduct in 4 months that she is the best IC one could have it. I would failing in my duty if I do not mention that undersigned second appeal in respect of disclosure of grant of Arms license under Section 4(1)(b)(xiii) of RTI Act 2005 has been disallowed/dismissed by her which is a big set back to me and I am moving the Hon'ble HC.

The same is the fate of nine second appeals heard by her since her appointment. This is to show that there is no quid pro quo by writing the above facts of able functioning of Hon'ble SIC Ms U Gulati. This piece is written in response to above remarks.

harinder dhingra

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member-You said- I would failing in my duty if I do not mention that undersigned second appeal in respect of disclosure of grant of Arms license under Section 4(1)(b)(xiii) of RTI Act 2005 has been disallowed/dismissed by her which is a big set back to me and I am moving the Hon'ble HC.

The same is the fate of nine second appeals heard by her since her appointment. Hon'ble member. This is obligatory duty of information commissioner to be instrumental in making available information to information seeker but it seems that she has negative approach ipso-facto obvious. We have firm belief that you will not file merit-less second appeals then why she did so? Here information is more important than disposal.

harinder dhingra
Hon'ble member-You said- I would failing in my duty if I do not mention that undersigned second appeal in respect of disclosure of grant of Arms license under Section 4(1)(b)(xiii) of RTI Act 2005 has been disallowed/dismissed by her which is a big set back to me and I am moving the Hon'ble HC.

The same is the fate of nine second appeals heard by her since her appointment. Hon'ble member. This is obligatory duty of information commissioner to be instrumental in making available information to information seeker but it seems that she has negative approach ipso-facto obvious. We have firm belief that you will not file merit-less second appeals then why she did so? Here information is more important than disposal.

Sir,

Kindly appreciate that all her orders are speaking and going in favour of applicant is not necessarily the measurement of IC/s competences & her (negative) approach BUT the ability to pass speaking orders and bringing the waiting period of second appeal to 60 days is a measurement of IC/s competences.

No, No, No, undersigned who is a novice had raised certain important legal points which have been interpreted by Hon'ble SIC in her way which is perfectly alright because with her quick, fast & well speaking orders have opened the vistas of appropriate forum for undersigned to seek redressal.

Dear Hon'ble Member, some decisions go in our favor and some in PA/s and that is how it works and if all decisions go in our favor then the SIC/CIC would become rubber stamps of RTI applicant rather than adjudicating forums ( read Hon'ble HC).

Let us appreciate the good work being done by IC/s.

thanks for your time & valuable inputs

harinder dhingra

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member-Would you like to tell me how many second appeals has she disposed? In how many cases has she penalized the Public Information Officers under section 20 of Right to Information Act 2005? Whether the rate of disposal of cases in the commission is equal to rate of filed cases. How many administrative decisions has been taken by her to bring-up transparency in the working of commission itself? After the study of how many cases disposed by her , you Hon'ble member reached on your conclusions.

harinder dhingra

Sir,

I am lodging the RTI application asking/seeking the above mentioned information as sought by you. Shall revert back after the reply. thanks for your time

harinder dhingra

karira
Sir,

I am lodging the RTI application asking/seeking the above mentioned information as sought by you. Shall revert back after the reply. thanks for your time

harinder dhingra

I tried in other Commissions (including CIC) and the reply was "no such records are available/maintained".

Please revert back with your RTI experience.

harinder dhingra
I tried in other Commissions (including CIC) and the reply was "no such records are available/maintained".

Please revert back with your RTI experience.

Yes Sir, I will

harinder dhingra

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      As reported by IANS in sify.com on 21 January 2011:
      RTI Awards presented in Delhi

RTI Awards presented in Delhi

New Delhi, Jan 20 (IANS) From a sports teacher to widow of a slain cop, five people from various walks of life were felicitated here Thursday for effective use of the Right to Information Act.

The winners, including Vinita Kamte, widow of Mumbai Police officer Ashok Kamte who was killed in the Nov 26, 2008 Mumbai terrorist attack, were shortlisted from 726 applications received by the jury appointed by non-governmental organisation Public Cause Research Foundation, set up by RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal.

The jury included Infosys chief mentor N.R. Narayana Murthy, former chief justice of India J.S. Verma, former chief election commissioner J.M. Lyngdoh and journalist Madhu Trehan.

Manoj Kumar Karwasra, a sports teacher in Hisar district of Haryana, filed several RTI applications to expose how government land had been encroached by the panchayat members themselves.

'I have great feeling now. It will boost my morale,' Karwasra told IANS.

Mahiti Adhikar Gujarat Pahel, a helpline service for RTI queries which was launched in May 2006 and claims that it has received more than 60,000 calls till now, was one of the winners.

Sadhna Pandya, coordinator of helpline, said the award will increase their responsibility.

'We receive calls from across the country in various languages,' she said.

Athar Shamsi, an advocate from Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, was also honoured for fighting for the rights of the beedi workers who were not being paid their full wages by factory owners.

The workers were allegedly paid just Rs.27-34 per thousand beedis made, as against the minimum wage of Rs.60.

The other winners of the Best RTI Citizen award were Ramesh Kumar Verma from Haryana and Rajan Savlo Ghate from Goa. The Best RTI Journalist award went to Saikat Dutta of Outlook for exposing a Rs.2,500 crore-scam in rice exports.

Pradeep Kumar from Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh received the Best Public Information Officer award.
    • karira
      By karira
      As reported in greaterkashmir.com on 20 January 2011:
      RTI activist attacked in Doda Lastupdate:- Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com

RTI activist ‘attacked’ in Doda

Doda, Jan 20: Unidentified persons attacked an Right to Information (RTI) activist at Bhandoga area in Doda district on Monday.

According to locals, Safdar Ali was assaulted by a group of men after he protested against the alleged misappropriation of funds in the construction of a village tank, which collapsed after few days.

“Despite filing of FIR, police has failed to take any substantial action against the culprits,” Safdar Ali said.

“We have documented seven recent attacks on RTI users and activists,” a communiqué issued by JKRTI Movement said adding the activists were facing severe threats from unscrupulous elements.

“The government has a legal and moral responsibility to stop these attacks,” said Haq Nawaz Nehru, a prominent RTI activist.

“We appeal to the Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah and Director General of Police, Kuldeep Khoda to intervene in the matter,” he said.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy