News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
ranjitnoronha

Was able to get driving licencse from Mumbai RTO using RTI

ranjitnoronha

So, I applied for a two wheeler endorsement to my four wheeler driving license in Dec 2011. I completed the driving test successfully paid the fee for the the smart card (I had the booklet format earlier), turned in the documents and my old booklet driving license. After 4 months the license smart card had still not arrived. I visited the RTO during this period, but was told that my data has not been entered into the system. Nobody was willing to give a date on when my data would be entered into the system or if there was any other problem. Finally, giving up, I filed an RTI request (attached with personal information removed). Promplty within two weeks, they sent a letter saying that my application is pending because I had not completed one formality of signing in the presence of some officer. They gave me a date and time to complete. this formality. I have completed the signature formality and expect to get my smart card license next week.

If you have applied to the RTO at Wadala, visit in person and check with a Mrs. Gaikwad (some officer in one of the cabins) prior to filing an RTI request. You might get your work done. If it does not yield the appropriate result, use the RTI route. Not sure about the contact person for other RTOs in Mumbai.

template.pdf

ranjan1

Good Mr. Ranjit

Successful use of RTI complete this when you receive your smart card !!!!!!!!!

Keep it up

rtiindia

very well done. Thanks for sharing