AVISHEK DUTTA

Information on Missing Answersheet

Question

AVISHEK DUTTA

Hello every one,

I have completed my MBA from an institute Global School of Business in New Delhi which is a distance education centre for Bharathidasan University Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu.

When I appeared for my second semester examination in the year 2008, end I got the result which is shown as absent in a particular subject, whereas i had appeared for the examination of that subject.

However, on reporting the college authorities, when I recieved my third semester examination result, in the website of Bharatidasan University, it showed me as pass in second semester on that particular subject (along with 3rd sem result).

Now when I was about to recieve my consolidated marksheet in the year 2010, I didnt recieve it as it was again showing me as absent. I informed the college authorities to look into th matter, and for the last two years they are just fooling me by saying that they are trying their best. However on repeted query they are now asking me to reappear for the exam.

I dont know whether the problem is with the university or with college. but I am not getting any result.

I want to file an RTI application for this to evaluate my answersheet but I dont know the process, and whom to apprach.

I shall be much thankful to me if you can reply my query and help me to overcome this dilema.

thanks

12 answers to this question

ajayjangid

i have doubt for record retention of answer sheet of 2008.

file RTI and demand

Certified copy of all semester mark sheet

certified copy of that particular answersheet

certified copy of atttendance sheet of the same semester on same batch on same day.

if mark sheet is sent by post please give me certified copy of evidence of dispatch and delivery

Ask any question as you can ask.

if you have receipt of present in the same subject please attached with RTI application

How to submit RTI application:

How to submit a RTI Application - Guide

send it to PIO

XXX university

Address

• Like 2

AVISHEK DUTTA

Thnx a lot for your valuable suggetion AjayJangid!...

I just want to know, is there any specific application format for this , coz I found specific format for reevaluation, but for this I didnt get any format.

So will a general application, if I send one to the concerned university work..

And How do I need to pay the money, Is it by Money order..?

ajayjangid

please submite the application in person direct to university with pay 10 rs fees by cash. you can also send it by speed post with 10 rs postal order {go post office and buy 10 rs IPO , write sender name and keep blank all other data }

for format of application please read

Answer sheet

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/2731-rti-evaluated-answer-sheets-board-university-exams.html

AVISHEK DUTTA

You have been of really great help Ajay Jangid ji...I shall File an RTI tomorrow. ..If I Face any problem, I shall Get in touch with you through This Thread!

AVISHEK DUTTA

It has been about a month and I have filed a RTI and sent it to Bharathidasan University.

I have also checked it in Indian Postal System Website that it has been delivered.

But I have not recieved any reply from the PIO of Bharathidasan University.

So, I was just wondering that if I dont recieve any reply what can be the next step to be taaken.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member. You may file first appeal before the first appellate authority ie before senior rank authority under subsection 1 of section 19 of R.T.I. Act 2005 within 30 days from the date when time stipulated under subsection 1 of section 7 of R.T.I. Act 2005 expires.

• Like 1

abhijain

Well you case is very genuine. You can get some example in my threads when I filed RTI to my University in case of missing answersheet. But personally for getting immediate relief I would like to suggest you to make court case in High court by getting the attendance sheet. Just collect the all attendance sheet of respected exam from the Centre of Exam and from the University. You can ask your query.

1. please provide me the attendance sheet of Examination Subjet name : XXXXXX held on dated XXXXXXX

2. Please provide me the attendance sheet of each student who appeared in exams at the centre XXXXXXX

• Like 1

karira

No reply from the PIO within the 30 day time period is termed as "deemed denial" of information.

File a first appeal for deemed denial of information within 60 days of the date of your RTI.

A draft first appeal for deemed denial is available here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attachments/ask-rti-query/2057d1272605984-rti-help-regarding-final-settlement-central-govt-employee-general-first-appeal-deemed-refusal-information.doc

Use it after suitably modifying it for your case.

==========

You can do the above in parallel to some of the other suggestions given by members in the above posts.

AVISHEK DUTTA

Thanks a lot to All of you for all your valuable suggestions and useful thread links.. I shall file an appeal to the second authority and possible file a case once i get the copy of my attendence sheet.

AVISHEK DUTTA

Dear Karira,

As per your valuable suggestion and the format of First appeal which you have provided me with I have filed a first appeal to the Higher Officer of Bharathidasan University but still in vain,

Again as per the tracking record of Indian Postal system, the application has been recieved, but still I have not recieved any reply from the aforesaid university.

Moreover I stay in Delhi and the university is in Tamil Nadu, So Filing a court case will be quite difficult and expensive.

So I shall be much thankful to you if you can advise me some details about further actions that can be taken.

Thanking you

Avishek

AVISHEK DUTTA

Respecetd Members,

Thanks to All for your valuable suggestion.

Though I have filed a First Appeal to the Higher Authority informing him the delay in information, but still I have not recieved as yet any reply from Bharathidasan University.

It has been almost two month that I have sent my first application form and about one month that I have filed an appeal to the higher authority informing him the delay in providing information.

But all in vain. I shall be much thankful to you if you can provide me further guidelines about the next action which I can take.

I would like to mention that I stay in delhi and the university in in Tamil Nadu. So filing a court case will not be expensive but also time consuming.

Waiting for a early reply from you,

Avishek Dutta

karira

The first appellate authority has 30 days to decide your first appeal.

He can take another 15 days provided he records the reasons in writing.

Wait for such time and if still no order, send a strongly worded reminder to the FAA, followed by reminder no. 2 after 15 days.

If still no reply, then the only option under RTI is to file a second appeal to the Tamil Nadu SIC.