News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Guest pcbali

RTI to PIL, a right path

Guest pcbali

I was making a lot of RTI applications to be aware of the actual and factual position in PAs. In the process, I was successful in getting a lot of information in shape of Certified Photocopies. Those documents were piling up in my work room and I was feeling perplexed that what to do next. Officers had openly admitted and informed me about their irregularities and mocking now at me, do what you want to do.

The complaints to higher were of no use as they are all chip of same stone, And I could also not bear the cost of going to court for Public Cause. I was discussing with many an RTI leaders who were even advocates but those were reluctant to file PILs on one pretext of going to loose or other, I could not understand.

OK, I decided to go to HC myself and I did a lot of work to prepare my self to file a PIL and to get it admitted first at registry being fit as per rules of filing and then to appear in court room of Chief Justice in double bench, to argue and to get it admitted.

I have filed Two PILs (Public Interest Litigation) in the High Court of Punjab & Haryana as PETITIONER IN PERSON. means I have not engaged any counsel and prepared, drafted, printed and filed my self in registry of HC and further appeared my self before the Bench.

One PIL (2nd File attached as "MCA Business of House") was heard by Double Bench consisting of Hon'ble Chief Justice MM Kumar and Hon'ble Justice Alok Singh and is admitted and Motion for notice is issued to Government of Punjab. The Writ No is 7251 of 2012 Next date of Hearing for reply of Respondents is 9.6.2012.

Second PIL (1st File attached as "MCA Blgd Reg.") was heard by Double Bench of Hon'ble Chief Justice MM Kumar and Hon'ble Justice Alok Singh and is admitted. The Writ No. is 8801 of 2012 and I have been asked to furnish the Detail of unauthorised constructions Property wise. The next date is 24/5/2012 and I have prepared exhaustive list to submit.

This is for your information and any body who have interest in these PILs can apply to become a party of the matter. If you have more facts about irregularities of MCs in regard to Building and Town Planning irregularities or other matters relating to these PILs, you are welcome to take your stand their, but please consult your counsels before it on the safe side.

I further appeal to you, that after getting information through RTI, actual result will come if we expose the matters in Courts. So be forward and prepare yourselves to file PIL, writs or though any other means, your matter to courts to teach the guilty, lessons.

Yours in RTI activism,

Parbodh Chander Bali

1 PIL- MCA Bldg Reg. Main Pages.doc

1 PIL- MCA Bussines of House Main Pages.doc

karira

That is a very good effort on - What to do next ?

The draft PILs will be of great help to other members.

• Like 2

digal
I was making a lot of RTI .........

...........Yours in RTI activism,

Parbodh Chander Bali

Dear Bali saab,

a transcendent effort by you & afflatus for other members.

Pl. keep updating about the litigation.

jps50

Appreciable and encouraging efforts to use information obtained under RTI. Many thanks for such public spirited activity. Now a days govt officers and politicians do not listen to any one except higher judiciary.

I recently came across one retired bank officer at Vadodara-Baroda [age 76 or so], who requires weekly dialysis and he has filed two/three PILs for RTI in High Court of Gujarat and he travels to Ahmedabad for arguing PILs. He himself pursues PILs without help of advocate.

• Like 4

jatin Sharma

Thank You, for these drafts.Please keep updating us with the experience.

• Like 1

Guest pcbali
That is a very good effort on - What to do next ?

More PILs. And the main focus is "Municipal Authorities". If you see my these PILs, you will find that I am convinced if the MCs do its role properly, 70% of problems of an ordinary man are over in a day and this country will become shining Golden Sparrow. If Towns & Cities are shining dirt less and corruption less, the whole country will shine.

dr.s.malhotra

dear Bali Sahib ,

Your efforts are laudable .

Just be careful when you are already before Court .Do not put pleadings in public for discussions .

karira

Just be careful when you are already before Court .Do not put pleadings in public for discussions .

Is there any special rule or law prohibiting this ?

Or any other reason ?

dr.s.malhotra

Contempt of Courts Act .

No public debates over the issue when the court is besieged of the matter .

karira
Contempt of Courts Act .

Just read tomorrows news papers or watch the debates on TV tonight !

Guest pcbali

The latest is that on 24.5.2012, in PIL 8801-2012, I handed over an exhaustive lists of admitted irregularities of Municipal Corporation of various cities of Punjab to the Honorable Bench of Chief Justice MM Kumar and Justice Alok Singh. The court was of the opinion that I should be provided a Counsel in the matter free of cost. While, I submitted that I could plead the matter well, but looking on the mood and inclination of Honorable court, I accepted and the court directed the High Court Legal Services Authority, Chandigarh to provide me an Advocate. The next date of hearing is 2.7.2012

dr.s.malhotra

It is good that the Hon'ble Court has found the matter fit to appoint amicus curiae . Matter will be pleaded better technically under supervision of the Court .

dr.s.malhotra
quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dr.s.malhotra viewpost-right.png

Contempt of Courts Act .

Just read tomorrows news papers or watch the debates on TV tonight !

a private citizen should avoid joining the wrong because he will have no one to defend him .

m_deka

Dear Bali Ji,

Great effort from RTI activism, Please keep updating of outcome of PIL

Thanks a lot for your activity in the field of court, this kind of effort encourage many RTI activist because of no remedy in IC.

Guest pcbali

Complete PIL format, please study it and file your own matter on these lines. Add photocopies of such documents about which you had added about Translation etc as vernacular documents. This is a complete writ petition. Please try it and sure file one matter in HC as a start, so that if some objection comes, you solve it and ones the matter is accepted by Registry, your one goal is achieved. Enter in court room, see the protocol, face the practical problems and become an expert. please do not feel dishearten if the PIL get one or two objections from registry, some time missing of date, hesitation to appear before the Judges and even dismissal of petition. The next time it will meat with success. Try again and again and achieve your goal, and hit the Bulls Eye. Come on and be a Lion of fighting against corruption.

1 PIL- MCA Bldh Reg. Front Pages.doc

PIL- MCA Bldg Reg. Main Pages 1.doc

PIL- MCA Bldg Reg. Main Pages2.doc

Guest pcbali

The date 2.7.2012 is approaching, Summer Vacations in High Court, court will open on 2.7.2012, but still no information from Legal Services Authority that who is handling my case. I tried to talk on phone in the office of The High Court Legal Ser. Aut, but no response. What should be done, Dr. Malhotra? I fear that the advocate may not make my matter weak by either not appearing on taking it easy. Suggestions please.

jps50

Please keep a track on pleadings of advocate that will be allotted by Legal Aid Committee, since my friend had very bad experience of such an advocate. Usually inefficient junior advocates are allotted and there are unfair practices going on.

Secondly, Municipal Corp is also amenable to Consumer Protection Act. You may refer judgement of Tamilnadu State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission in case of Citizen Consumer and Civic Action Group. You may please search at www.ncdrc.nic.in under judgments. I will try to get it and load on this thread. Consumer procedure is simple and inexpensive.

skmishra1970

Bali Sahab, Legal Services Authority Chandigarh or LSA HC CHD, both are same or differenct ? Hon'ble HC allotted your case to which authority, let us know so that myself also may try to contact them.

dr.s.malhotra
The date 2.7.2012 is approaching, Summer Vacations in High Court, court will open on 2.7.2012, but still no information from Legal Services Authority that who is handling my case. I tried to talk on phone in the office of The High Court Legal Ser. Aut, but no response. What should be done, Dr. Malhotra? I fear that the advocate may not make my matter weak by either not appearing on taking it easy. Suggestions please.

dear Bali Sahib, I am sorry , I do not have experience with Legal Services Authority . I believe they should be having efficient advocates .

skmishra1970
dear Bali Sahib, I am sorry , I do not have experience with Legal Services Authority . I believe they should be having efficient advocates .

Sir, I have checked website of P&H HC and found that CWP No. 8801 of 2012 titled PARBODH CHANDER BALI Vs CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVT. OF PUNJAB ETC. was listed for hearing on 24-5-2012 and now next date of hearing is 2-7-2012. Advocate for respondent - Not mentioned, where Pet. Advocate mentioned as - PETITIONER IN PERSON. I think Bali Sahab has to go personally to apper on 2-7-2012 before HC, at that time they should enquire about the advocate to whome this case referred by HC.

Guest pcbali
Bali Sahab, Legal Services Authority Chandigarh or LSA HC CHD, both are same or differenct ? Hon'ble HC allotted your case to which authority, let us know so that myself also may try to contact them.

Both are different, It is different from the Punjab LSA, Haryana LSA and Chandigarh UT LSA, the HC is having its own autonomous wing. My matter is with LSA HC PB&HR HC.

Guest pcbali
Municipal Corp is also amenable to Consumer Protection Act. You may refer judgement of Tamilnadu State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission in case of Citizen Consumer and Civic Action Group. You may please search at www.ncdrc.nic.in under judgments. I will try to get it and load on this thread. Consumer procedure is simple and inexpensive.

I will wait for the specific case nos., In fact I am not well versed with consumer matters data bank, I will appreciate if you give me any such latest judgement of NCDRC and better of SC where it is mandated that a citizen who is affected by the Illegalities of the MCs (even he has no locus standi) can file complaint in CF. You know my matter and if this matter can be perused in consumer court side by side the PIL in HC, I will be most glad to open the second front immediately to make MC under full pressure to mend their illegal ways. Thanks ones again for this most useful suggestion

Sajib Nandi

Please keep a track on pleadings of advocate that will be allotted by Legal Aid Committee, since my friend had very bad experience of such an advocate. Usually inefficient junior advocates are allotted and there are unfair practices going on.

Secondly, Municipal Corp is also amenable to Consumer Protection Act. You may refer judgement of Tamilnadu State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission in case of Citizen Consumer and Civic Action Group. You may please search at www.ncdrc.nic.in under judgments. I will try to get it and load on this thread. Consumer procedure is simple and inexpensive.

A person seeking justice in any Court of Law, must have absolute faith in the sincerity of his counsel. If one cannot rely on his own counsel, then either counsel must be changed or the case should be withdrawn.

A petitioner appearing in person can always seek the indulgence of the Hon'ble Court to continue to plead his own case. The Hon'ble Judges of High Courts will surely appreciate the zeal of a petitioner-in-person to plead his case in a matter of public interest.

Law is logic, not emotion.

Regards.