News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Guest pcbali

RTI to PIL, a right path

Guest pcbali

Harinder Dhingra Ji,

Please go on loading progress of your PIL 8844/12 in this or any new thread,

harinder dhingra

Dear MR P C Bali,

The next date of hearing 04th September 2012 and on that we are suppose to file rejoinder.

thanks

harinder dhingra

Guest pcbali

Dates, I am tracking on HC website, but interim order are not available on their web. So keep those informed to us. Further if possible get the PIL petition soft copy from Adv. Patwalia and upload here. Good luck.

I think rejoinder is not must, u can directly go for arguments for early disposal, see actually for what the date is fixed. The matter will go long way, the interim orders will give you much relieves from time to time.

harinder dhingra

Yes Sir, noted for future.

On Tuesday when I attend the hearing, I shall do the needful as till then I am in J&K.

harinder dhingra

Guest pcbali

Harinder Ji,

Please inform latest of 4.9.23012 in PIL

harinder dhingra

Dear Sh Bali Sahib,

Harinder Ji,

Please inform latest of 4.9.23012 in PIL

Could not attend as I am still struck in J&K. The next date of hearing is 25th September 2012 in CWP 8844. The undersigned has been directed by Hon'ble Bench to file rejoinder.

harinder dhingra

Guest pcbali

In PIL CWP 7251 of 2012, the final disposal order dated 25.2.2012 is attached with this post.

On receiving Affidavits from the Principal Secty, Local Bodies, Punjab and of Mayor as well as of Commissioner,Municipal Corporation, Amritsar, that they will observe the law strictly onward, the Hon'ble court has passed the final order and disposed of the petition.

4 Final Order Dated 25.9.12.pdf

harinder dhingra

Dear Mr P C Bali,

Congratulations Sir, You achieved what you wanted from the Court. Another feather in your Cap.

harinder dhingra

Guest pcbali
Dear Sh Bali Sahib,

Could not attend as I am still struck in J&K. The next date of hearing is 25th September 2012 in CWP 8844. The undersigned has been directed by Hon'ble Bench to file rejoinder.

harinder dhingra

Mr Dhingra, now your next date is 6.11.2012 before CJ DB, but what did u do on 25.8.12?

harinder dhingra
Mr Dhingra, now your next date is 6.11.2012 before CJ DB, but what did u do on 25.8.12?

Sir,

As usual was busy assisting errr learning from friends in Srinagar about RTI petition being filed in Hon'ble J&K High Court against dilution of RTI Act by recent government order, so could not attend it. Shall file rejoinder on Wednesday i e 3rd Oct 2012 & also send you copy of PIL along with all annexures on that day.

Harinder dhingra

sharmajee

Mr. Bali,

Taking cue from you, I have filed two writs in High court, which are currently on admission stage. They have pointed out few deficiencies which I am completing that. Shall update about progress as it reaches hearing.....

Big thanks to you for providing valued inputs and motivating others .......

Complete PIL format, please study it and file your own matter on these lines. Add photocopies of such documents about which you had added about Translation etc as vernacular documents. This is a complete writ petition. Please try it and sure file one matter in HC as a start, so that if some objection comes, you solve it and ones the matter is accepted by Registry, your one goal is achieved. Enter in court room, see the protocol, face the practical problems and become an expert. please do not feel dishearten if the PIL get one or two objections from registry, some time missing of date, hesitation to appear before the Judges and even dismissal of petition. The next time it will meat with success. Try again and again and achieve your goal, and hit the Bulls Eye. Come on and be a Lion of fighting against corruption.

Guest pcbali
Mr. Bali,

Taking cue from you, I have filed two writs in High court, which are currently on admission stage. They have pointed out few deficiencies which I am completing that. Shall update about progress as it reaches hearing.....

Big thanks to you for providing valued inputs and motivating others .......

Your message is so soothing for me as if I have found gem after dipping deep in ocean. My aim is actually now fulfilled and I am really thankful to almighty as well as you who have made me a tool for helping others to fight against evils. Go ahead, Sharma Ji and do also attach your PILs files in this thread or start your own thread, do update all dates, proceeding in short and the scans of the interim orders throughout the course of pleadings. This will help more people and a chain reaction will sure start.

I wish you all the success in the petition and God will always help you throughout as God help those who help themselves. Have my compliments ones again.

Dr V S Prasanna Rajan

@ sharmajee

Wishing you all the best for your success in the PIL

• Like 1

zaveri

Bali Sir,

It is fact that tireless efforts made by you so fair result has been producing, CONGRATULATION...to set a good examples....

I want to share my views about Dr.Malhotra sir's advice that to be careful to avoid adverse result for taking in public domain about PIL pending in court. I agree that you should be cautious, BUT I believe that you share the productive result with Public about Public interest case admitted on ONLY base of RTI informations. I think there is no contempt of court to share this, it will be contempt of court if, you share your view against court orders / court hearings in public when matter is pending.

I want to share one more thing, I never been to high school, i studied upto SSC in Gujarati, therefore instead of filling PIL petition, i wrote simple letter to court, the brief fact is, In the year 2010 I got copy of RTI-reply from Railway department (Mumbai) that cash bail bond amount Rs.500/- was misappropriated by RPF constable instead of depositing in court, I wrote letter to Chief Justice of Bombay high court with set of RTI-replies, i request to set-up CBI inquiry to reveal the facts. Court suo-motu decided to treat my letter as Cr.PIL 29 of 2010, then court under its order dt,29-08-2011 appoint CBI to investigate the scam. CBI investigation reveal High degree scam committed by 27 RPF personnel, RPF created fake bail bonds, misappropriated its amount, constitute fake court at railway station. Now CBI demand to conduct scientific tests on 12 accused RPF personnel out of 27. On internet you can find numbers of articles by search RPF fake bail bond scam, RPF inspector dismiss into fake bail bond scam. RPF fake bail bond scam hearing at Bombay HC.

RTI ZINDABAD

Guest pcbali

Salute to you, Mr. Zaveri, Academic Qualification and Education are both different. You are well educated when your submissions are got admitted in the Apex Courts and directions are being issued with so much effect, I give my "Bowing Salute" to you sir, and keep it up, someone has to bell the cat, you,he or me.

Further I personally do not think that putting updates, analyses, opinions on public domain amounts to any COC. Only derogatory remarks against any Honorable Court will Definitely attract Contempt and we should also not defame our sacred institutions.

Thanks, Sharma Ji, for the uploads, please do keep updating. I am obliged.

sharmajee

My both writs were listed today for admission. Thanks to inputs in this august forum and in particular from Mr P C Bali, I could successfully argue my case as petitioner in person.

I am pleased to inform that out of 2 my one writ was admitted by high court today. In another some direction are given which I couldn't decipher.....applied for order copy.....shall update soon.

Jai RTI, Jai Mr Bali !!!

• Like 3

Guest pcbali

AND FURTHER THE SLOGAN CAN GO LIKE THIS: RTI TO PIL AND TO COCP-Hit THEM IN HEART

This is result of my hard efforts and like filing RTI applications, Inspecting Records of Public Authorities, filing Writ to High Court of Punjab & Haryana, and then filing COCP against the erring institutions that now the Municipal Corporation, Amritsar is in the trap. Rather all of the Local Government Institutions like all of Municipal Corporations, all of Municipal Committees and even all of Nagar Panchayats are to observe the law strictly. Especially to make regulations to invite public to witness, watch and observe the whole of business of House of Councillors. Fight and protest with this order of Hon’ble High Court to ask for your admission to Meetings of House at your own City, Town and Panchayat. Only then my efforts will be rewarded actually.

Scan.jpg

subirs

Dear Baliji,

Congrats, You are a source of inspiration for people fighting against corruption. I am too fighting against my corrupt organization. CIC is of not much help. So will have to approach the HC with a PIL.

Regards

Subir

Good news, the PIL 8801, fixed for restoration, (as very 1st case in cause list) was argued by me, and was allowed restored today. Rather Chief Justice was keen to hear the matter on merits too.

The matter was explained and court passed interim order as motion of notice to Government of Punjab, with very strict directions. The copy of order applied and on its receipt , will be uploaded on this thread.

A non advocate arguing and pleading PILs. You too do.

skmishra1970

Dear Bali Sahab,

Congratulations for your present success and appreciate your hard work to provide such type of rights to citizen. You are going to be a "One man Army", my best wishes is always with you. Thanks again.

Guest pcbali

And finally the success of an RTI Activist is cathing the attention of media.:cool:

Scan 001.jpg

Guest pcbali

And finally the success of an RTI Activist is cathing the attention of media.

Document1.pdf

sharmajee

Commendable and inspiring job done sir!!! Salutes to your spirit....

pkaditya

Dear Shri Bali,

Calling it PIL has been justified; the order of the Hon'ble High Court was for all Municipal Councils.

Starting with Amritsar, some other places can also be checked.

Great achievement.

Best wishes for more, Sincerely pkaditya

Guest pcbali

Thanks, Dr. Aditya, finally you got the link.

The continue efforts are that I have filed a new RTI in the same direction as below ( Extracted Copy) original RTI application is attached with this post

Application for seeking information under RTI Act 2005

To

The PIO,

Municipal Corporation,

Amritsar.

The meeting of House of Councilors of Municipal Corporation, Amritsar was fixed for 30/05/2013 and this meeting was subsequently declared cancelled /called off before the house could assemble. In this connection please supply me the following information

1. The rules as per Punjab Municipal Corporation Act 1976 under which this meeting which has been fixed, declared and the members of House had been invited, such a meeting of House Councilors can be declared cancelled.

2. Reasons in record for which this meeting has been cancelled.

3. Document generated/prepared/signed by competent authority with the strength of which this meeting had been called.

4. Document generated/prepared/signed by competent authority with the strength of which this meeting had been cancelled.

5. Written notice of cancellation issued to concerned councilors, officers and invitees.

6. The designation of competent authority/ies who can cancel the meeting of House.

P.C. Bali

Applicant

1 RTI FORM A.pdf