News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Guest pcbali

RTI to PIL, a right path

skmishra1970

Yes Bali Sahab, Mr. Prasad is right. Landmark Judgement of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India "Misfeasance in Public Office" is enclosed herewith for your reference and also for the reference of other member of this forum. Through this judgement, it is repeated that Compensation for the deficiency of any employee should not be burdended on public by using public fund, it should be recovered from the salary of that employee who is responsible for such misfeasance or working with wrong intensions. There may be one door for us (RTI Community) please read and inform in details about that doors. I can understand this is not only for Service providers (private or any statutory / Govt. Agency) but applicable to all Public Authority like, Sales Tax, Income Tax, Electricity, Municipality, Railway, Postal, banking, Insurance etc. etc.

SC - 17-3-2004_Misfeasance in public office (Ghaziabad Develop. Auth. vs Balbir Singh).PDF

Guest pcbali

Mr. Mishra

The issue was "Tax payers are consumers" informed by Mr. Prasad.

Do you think only tax payer can file CP Complaints and not Non-Tax payers?

Mr. Prasad is not wrong in spirit, but very wrong to interpret that this Judgment is only for Taxpayers

sharmajee

Thanks Mr Bali !!! and Thanks to this forum!!!

Your inspiration, motivation made me succeed in DB Civil Appeal writ petition today in Jaipur High Court, against one poor decision of SIC-Rajasthan , which was earlier rejected by single judge bench of Jaipur High Court.......,

I recommend other members to learn from Mr Bali's efforts, and raise their voice against "injustice", in whatever way possible......... or else we will leave a very poor/ uncertain and dreadful future for our offsprings....

God helps them who help themselves...........!!!! Jai RTI !!!.....

• Like 1

Guest pcbali
Thanks Mr Bali !!! and Thanks to this forum!!!

Your inspiration, motivation made me succeed in DB Civil Appeal writ petition today in Jaipur Hgh Court, against one poor decision of SIC-Rajasthan , which was earlier rejected by single judge bench of Jaipur High Court.......,

I recommend other members to learn from Mr Bali's efforts, and raise their voice against "injustice", in whatever way possible......... or else we will leave a very poor/ uncertain and dreadful future for our offsprings....

God helps them who help themselves...........!!!! Jai RTI !!!.....

Jai Ho, You had really shown your insistence, petition was rejected by Single bench and you did not stop, wao, this is main point and I salute you. That should be the effort. Other members please chase it and be the Fighters and not only Complainants.

Guest pcbali

A new Petition in High Court in RTI matter (need the attention of all members as format to challenge the order of IC, if no penality is levied on erring PIO)

Information sought from the PIO of Municipal Corporation, Amritsar was sent after 165 days.

Complaint made to State Information Commission, Punjab.

SIC, Ld. Surinder Awasthi, absolved the PIO without any penalty.

Challenged the Order of State Information Commission and filed Writ u/a 226 of Constitution of India in High Court of Punjab & Haryana.

Hon'ble Court took serious notice and made an interim order to implead the Guilty officer by Name ( Attached file 1)

The PIO was impleaded by Name.

Court admitted writ and issued notice of motion by name to the PIO.(Attached File 2)

Now PIO will personally defend his case on his own.

Bali

1 CWP MCA Penality.doc

2 Interim Order 19-7-13.pdf

3 CM for Impleading parrties.doc

3 Interim Order 07-08-13.pdf

Guest pcbali

Friends

Good News, The High Court of PB & HR on 21/8/13 has passed interim order with strict directions to Government of Punjab to immediately fill all of vacant Posts of “Technical Building Inspectors” in Municipal Corporations with in three month i.e. till 30/11/13 by latest. The Principal Secretary Mr. Ashok Gupta himself had made to appear and it has been directed to him to complete the process with in period of maximum three months and report to the High Court before 10/12/2013. Presently this plea/excuse is being taken by the Municipal Corporations that they can not check the illegal constructions due to acute shortage of Building Inspectors. This order is made in PIL No. 8801 of 2012 filed in High Court by me as Petitioner-in-Person. (Copy attached with this mail). More inspectors mean more pressure against the unauthorised constructions and moreover the false excuse of Municipal Corporation Authorities will now be over. Then I will take the inspectors to my target, to get he job done.

Parbodh Bali.

Interim Order 21-8-2013.pdf

untitled-png.jpg

smbhappy

on 22 Aug 2013, during hearing before Mr. Parveen Kumar Information Commissioner, commission ordered to provide the copy of the FAA submission to me also. While, after the hearing, we went to a Photostat shop to get the copies, Mr. Ashok Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary, Local Self Government, was present in that shop. Also present three persons who were promoted as Building Inspectors. The order of their promotion was handed over to them. They were very happy. The APIO told me that the promotions were on account the Writ Petition filed by Mr. Bali. They were very thankful to me considering me as Mr. Bali, little knowing that there are moving into troubled waters in times to come.

• Like 2

Guest pcbali

The SSP, Cyber Cell Punjab at Mohali paid me cost of Rs.10000/- by DD delivered to me at my doorstep. The said cost is paid on order of High Court for not filing the reply even after lapse of almost a year. A great blow on the working of Punjab Police and encouragement to Rights Aware Citizens.

Scan.jpg

Guest pcbali

Please remember my appeal, this post is to encourage you all so called RTI activists, to go for PILs.(appreciations to me are enough, please make yourselves ready to go to HC & SC). I have proved you that results can be brought out in very short time and any ordinary citizen of this country can make the things. It is only your laziness that you cry but do not exert for its remedy.

Will some one else, Spirited Volunteers for Common Cause in other states as well in Punjab also take the copy of this High Court Order as above directing the Government to fill the sanctioned posts in other departments and file more PILs to atleast make the Government Machinery strong to do the Jobs. I am convinced it will bring positive effect and at least then we can make those officials responsible to do their dutybound Jobs. Otherwise it seems correct that the Law can not be enforced until the required staff is there. I hope someone will do it for Police Department as there is actually acute shortage of police constables and officers. There is acute shortage of IAS and PCS officers also in our country. I do not think that it will bring any burden on government exchequer as the revenue per officer will increase atleast to cover his expenses.

G.R.Vidyaranya

Hats off Mr. Bali. Good job and well done!

• Like 1

karira

Congratulations Mr Bali !

• Like 1

Guest pcbali
Congratulations Mr Bali !

Thanks and an appreciation from the Champion of Human Rights Support, Mr. Karira is the best reward for me. Keep it sir, this works as fuel. Top up me always. Thanks again

sharmajee

Fantastic efforts for a purpose of common cause!!! Lots of people must be getting inspiration..... surely many will follow this path.... Congratulations!!!

Guest pcbali

Municipal Corporation Amritsar finally drafted the Rules for "Attendance of Meeting by General Public" and the same had now been duly notified by the Government of Punjab. Since 1976, when the Punjab Municipal Corporation Act was enacted, despite of clear provision under Section 62, the Common man was never allowed to witness the Meetings of Councillors and was kept off track. In 2012, I filed Public Interest Litigation in Hon’ble Punjab & Haryana High Court where the Government of Punjab filed an affidavit to do make rules immediately. Inspite of this affidavit, the Government kept disobedient and finally I had to file a Contempt of Court which compelled the Government to Gazette the notification. Now any common man, may be a Rehriwala (Cart man) or a millionaire, equally have right to witness the meeting of House to see how his elected representative behaves in house. Still for rest of Punjab, no rules are framed. I hope till next date i.e. 8/1/14, the Government will do the needful to save him from my stabbing arguments and wrath of Court.

MCA Rules 1.jpg

MCA Rules 2.jpg

MCA Rules 3.jpg

Guest pcbali

Mishra Ji, it is all your support and encouragement which I gained due to your determination shown in Consumer Complaint against SIC Punjab and taken up to NCDRC. I know that when the Judgement of NCDRC will come, your will get a lot of applaud.

Guest pcbali

Also note that game has just started now. The rules so framed were just got passed in House and sent to Government for approval and notified. No public opinion was sought before making the rules & regulations. The rules so notified are defective to extent that Rule 7 & 8 says that General Public will not be allowed in Special Meetings and also specifically very first meeting of House when the Mayor is elected. These both rules are vires to act and are being challenged by me to be dropped. As in act it is stated "Every meeting" will be witnessed by the Public and their is also no classification of General and Special Meetings.

The Cancellation of scheduled meetings, Entry of unauthorised person in house meetings, writing of wrong minutes and not putting the resolution for voting to house one by one are other illegalities being brought before the Court on next hearing. Find attached below the draft of my Reply as affidavit for next hearing. It is interesting.

Reply to Res 2 & 3 for date 8-1-14.pdf

Guest pcbali

Dear Friends,

The Jethuwal Distributory, popular as “Company Bagh Di Neher” in Sixties, a well liked Picnic Spot for Amritsaris folk while there was not even a single swimming pool in Amritsar, had vanished alongwith its total Land and you all well know who have encroached upon. These are we, the Amritsaris, who encroached upon this Land, very well knowing that it could give to our “City Beautiful”, a 100 Ft wide “Road Beautiful” and it could add more “beauty” to already existing “beauty”.(lol). Anyhow, I had made my best efforts to get this dream realised and pulled the authorities with asking information under RTI and finally taking all the bunch of documents to Hon’ble High Court. High Court directed me to give a notice to the Parties and lo, this had wakened up the Authorities from Kumbhkarni Slumber. Below is letter from Government to DFO Amritsar to immediately do the needful. Let us see what is needful and what is done by them. But it is sure that they have only a month to that “needful”, otherwise will face the consequences in High Court where this mater will be put up again.(done in Public Interest, do you like it?)

Graphic.jpg

sharadphadke
One more boon to RTI

Where can I get this rule to ask information by email mentioned in news?

You can send RTI application through email and signed copy with fees later by post but I have not came across this amendment or know this rule. May be my ignorance.

Some one please provide so that some nuts can be asked to send information through emails and later by post.

m_deka

Dear PCBali Ji

Your JPG image at post 119 is not opening please look.

digal
Dear PCBali Ji

Your JPG image at post 119 is not opening please look.

click(or right click with new tab/window) on the attached image> go to file(Menu Bar of browser) > save page as > (provide a destination) save with any name.jpg . The picture is actually scan.jpg.html(delete .html; if .html is not seen, you have to modify explorer by> any folder>tools at menu bar>folder option>view>deselect hide extensions for known file types)

R K Mishra

chami

Dear Sir,

Just some quick information. I am interested in getting information from our municipality but this is mainly to get documents as evidences. I know the wrong things they are doing...

Do you live close to the HC (Amritsar is not very close to Chandigarh) and how many times you needed to attend the courts? I am not a very good speaker but I can talk logically and catch wrong arguments.

I am currently in service and I may be able to go to court once in a while but not once a week. How much personal money you spent on the court fees and other expenses (I hope I am not being too intrusive here) because the courts here are not too RTI friendly (you experience is a model case!) but I can be wrong.

I also want to find out whether the municipal council meetings here in Hyderabad are open to public or not. I have no personal stake here but this should be some uniform rule all over the country.

Guest pcbali

The order is of PB & HR High Court and is to Government of Punjab (respondent) to make rules as per relevant mandate of relevant section of "Punjab Municipal Corporation Act 1976"

Now there should be some statue (Act) under which the Municipal Corporations are formed in Andhra Pradesh, please study that act, if there is any section in that act which is related with allowing public to enter in the meetings of House of Councillors, and corporations are not following this, you can go to High Court of your state with a PIL (Writ) to enforce that particular section of that particular Act and in court you can cite this judgment. Other wise as itself, this Judgement has no relations at all with Hyderabad.

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to find out whether the municipal council meetings here in Hyderabad are open to public or not. I have no personal stake here but this should be some uniform rule all over the country.

The order is of PB & HR High Court and is to Government of Punjab (respondent) to make rules as per relevant mandate of relevant section of "Punjab Municipal Corporation Act 1976"

Now there should be some statue (Act) under which the Municipal Corporations are formed in Andhra Pradesh, please study that act, if there is any section in that act which is related with allowing public to enter in the meetings of House of Councillors, and corporations are not following this, you can go to High Court of your state with a PIL (Writ) to enforce that particular section of that particular Act and in court you can cite this judgment. Other wise as itself, this Judgement has no relations at all with Hyderabad.

smbhappy

Mr. Bali storms to Chandigarh quite often and files his PILs. It takes three days to file and get the PIL admitted. The cost is negligible as a few hundred rupees as per rules of the High Court, apart from your own labour in drafting the PIL as well printing it in appropriate numbers of copies. It is a matter of grave Interest that keep you in the business of PILs.