News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
vctmoorthi

Water connection obtained after 30 years - after using RTI !

vctmoorthi

Dear Sir

I'm Thirumoorthi Chellappan residing at my native place for more than 30 years. I've demanded for water connection each and every time to my panchayat president and he promises every time to provide me with water connection, till now we have not provided with water connection. We are regular in paying all taxes, all the area in my village gets water connection except my region. When i demand them, they answer that they don have proper funds. So i need complete details of money spent on water pipeline connection and tank construction and also the reason why i've not been provided with water connection so far. We struggle everyday for water and it was is being a major problem nowadays. Plz help me to get water connection soon through RTI. rest of th homes in my area has two connection for one family, but i struggle for single connection. To whom i should address this problem and how i can demand my right thro RTI..

Earlier i was helped by this forum to collect insurance from LIC. So now i have great hope to get a new water connection thro RTI

Thanks and Regards

Thirumoorthi Chellappan.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member. You may seek following information under subsection 1 of section 6 of R.T.I. Act 2005 from district panchayat raj officer(whatever may be called in your state). 1-Please made available information that how much government fund was provided to panchayat such and such. Information must be yearwise and must cover five years. 2-Please made available information that how much tax has been collected from panchayat such and such . Description must be yearly and must cover five years. 3-Please made available information that how many water connections have been provided to residents of panchayat. 4-Please made available information detail about water connection holders in panchayat such and such. 5-Please made available information within time as specified under subsection 1 of section 7 of R.T.I. Act 2005. You may download the format from this website and other informations.

vctmoorthi

Dear Yogi MP Singh

Thanks for the prompt reply. But i need to know the details of remaining fund available with them towards water facilities and also i need why they are not providing me the water connection. Also i would like to know the address of the concerned authority to whom this application to be adressed

karira

You can ask for that information also.

You can file a RTI application with the PIO of the Panchayat. Simply call (or visit) that office and ask "Who is the PIO in your office under the RTI Act 2005. I want to file a RTI application." ?

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for your State (Tamil Nadu)

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

Please also read:

Time limits specified in the RTI Act - Guide

How to submit a RTI Application - Guide

• Like 1

jps50

You can file RTI with SPIO of Village Panchayat of your village seeking status of your application for water connection by referring:

Long pending? :

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

TN

TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - Guide

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

vctmoorthi

Dear sirs

I've drafted an RTI application to know the status of Funds available with my Panchayat. Before i would like to get clarification in one major issue, How could this information help me in getting a water connection. Because they neglect my petition saying some irrelevant reasons as, am too far from the Panchayat( 2 Km's). If this is a case, the same Panchayat has offered water connection to the relative of the Panchayat president who was away by 5 kilometers. I'm struggling with this Panchayat since 1990, and hopefully waiting for the solution through RTI.Even if i come forward to pay the water connection deposit means, they are avoiding by saying some invalid reasons and not accepting my fees. Please help me in this regard members

karira

Please post the contents of your draft RTI application here and our members will guide you further.

vctmoorthi

1. The information needed is in the form of Clarification.

UNION PANCHAYAT OFFICE - SARKARSAMAKULAM

2. The Information sought pertains to your Village panchayat officeWater Board Dept.

3. The Required Information is for the period – 01/01/2008 to 30/05/2012.

4. Please make available information that how much government fund was provided to Keeranatham panchayat for water and other water related welfare measures. Information must be year wise and must cover five years.

5. The information sought is related to ------- Myself

6. The particular / details of Information / Documents asked for are given below: -

I’ve submitted many petitions along with six more residents of my area ( Ward 7) requesting for water connection to my home, where am currently residing since 1985. I’ve been struggling for the past 27 years to get a water connection to my home and I’ve been neglected with so many irrelevant reasons from my panchayat union office, Keeranatham Panchayat.

7. Please make available information that how much tax has been collected from panchayat towards water charges and deposit amounts. Description must be yearly and must cover five years.

8. Please make available information that how many water connections had been provided so far to residents of Keeranatham panchayat.

9. Please make available information in detailed about water connection holders in Keeranatham panchayat.

10. Please inform me according to your rules, number of days in such matter should have been dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member. You have mentioned in your first point, The information needed in the form of clarification, must be replaced by , The information needed must be point-wised explicit and as desired. Point 5 must be substituted by as The information sought is related to work performed by Keeranatham Panchayat in respect of water connection to family living in the panchayat concern. Point 6 must be substituted by , Under which law , water connection provided to panchayat president's relatives only two in number at distance 5 km apart, while we are at only two km distance apart and seven in number but no water connection was provided, made available detail. You respected member submit the RTI communique to PIO panchayat Raj office of district along with R.T.I. Fee as suggested by KARIRA SIR. Hon'ble member please don't forget in providing complete postal address below the RTI communique. Thanks Sir. May God grant you success and provide appropriate remedy against injustice done to you.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Please point 10 , must be replaced by , Please made available certified copy of circulars , government orders issued by government concern in regard to processing of grievances concern with the water connection. Point 11 must be , Please made available aforesaid information within time as specified under subsection 1 of section 7 of R.T.I. Act 2005. Right to life is fundamental right and must be safeguarded by government concern and drinking water is one of its essential component of thìs fundamental right.

vctmoorthi

Thanks Mr.Yogi M.P Singh

Will make necessary changes and fight for justice, Thanks for spending your valuable time.

karira

Please also remove that para between point 6 and point 7 - no need to give any background.

In the list of connections, also ask for Names and Addresses of all those having connections.

Another suggestion is that similar application should be filed by many people separately - you already mentioned 6 more residents.

More the applications, more the pressure on the panchayat and there is always the concept of safety in numbers.

vctmoorthi

Dear Yogi M P Singh, Karira

I sent the above application 21 days back (07-07-2012) and i gotta call from the concern local panchayat office clerk but i addressed to PIO of the panchayat. They asked me to draft the same application in our local language(Tamil) as they were not sufficient to read english RTI application. Along with this reply, they asked me and promised me that they will provide me a water connection very soon say within 5 months time. But am not satisfied with this govt employees. I want you both to help me on my next action. Till now i've not received any reply to my RTI application,.But they called me once for English to Tamil translation of my application. I would like to know three things from you.,

1. Should i translate and help them in getting my query answered

2.How long should i wait...Really am not in a mood to translate them,.As a govt servant how can i ask for translation

3.Shall i agree the oral commitment from them for providing water connection.

Plz help me sirs....

karira

1. Yes, if you can translate, then send the translated version to the PIO. Send a covering letter (in Tamil) and inform them that you are sending the translated version on the specific request made by .......................by phone on................

2. Also remind them in the covering letter that the time period to provide the information is before 07 August 2012. But you are willing to wait till 15 Aug 2012.

3. DO NOT do anything orally or accept anything orally - as far as RTI is concerned. Everything MUST be in writing.

vctmoorthi
1. Yes, if you can translate, then send the translated version to the PIO. Send a covering letter (in Tamil) and inform them that you are sending the translated version on the specific request made by .......................by phone on................

2. Also remind them in the covering letter that the time period to provide the information is before 07 August 2012. But you are willing to wait till 15 Aug 2012.

3. DO NOT do anything orally or accept anything orally - as far as RTI is concerned. Everything MUST be in writing.

Dear sir,

I will send the tamil version tomorrow without fail..

vctmoorthi

Dear Sirs

Yesterday, i received the answer scripts form local panchayat office for my queries.In that they have given few documents about tax collection and total number of water connections given so far from the panchayat office. Also, they have told that, the new over tank had been completed to serve water for my location and they have asked water facility from TWAD(Tamilnadu Water association board)..Once after getting the new connection to fill the over tank, they would provide me with new water connection.

I would like to know whether, the available hard copy of promising me to provide a new water connection in next few months would be a enough to make any demands in future if they fail to keep their words.They have not given any specific time period as, "when they might get new water source from TWAD board and when they likely to offer me a new conncetion"

Plz guide me in this sir's...

karira

That seems to a typical letter of giving you "hope".

Follow up with another RTI after 30 days and ask for progress made regarding getting water facility from TWAD.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member. Whether respondent has made available the certified copy in the form of information. They will have to follow the made available information otherwise made available information will be proved false and misleading and they will have to face of its consequences. As Karira Sir has said , there should be no verbal talk , always give priority to written communications.

vctmoorthi
That seems to a typical letter of giving you "hope".

Follow up with another RTI after 30 days and ask for progress made regarding getting water facility from TWAD.

Dear sir,

Sure , i will make another RTI application in next 30 days to know the progress of TWAD Board requisition and My new connection status. Anyhow, i'm thanking you all members of RTI, esp,Karira sir for timely help.

Thanks and Regards

Thirumoorthi C

Indian Citizen

vctmoorthi

Dear Sir

With reference to the reply from the local panchayat. shall i follow it up with another RTI..

Sir, i would like to know two things.

1.They told that they had built new over tank to serve drinking water to my area and waiting for new water source from Govt. pipe line. Tr.Karira sir asked me to make follow up with another RTI application to know the status of the connection.

2.Currently they are storing and distributing Hard water(can be used for washing and bathing) in that tank.Shall i request for this hard water connection. Time being it could help me out in solving my half problems due to water scarcity. After getting the new water source from TWAD Board they can issue me drinking water in the same tap. Help me out to frame a RTI in this sir..If needed i can send or upload rough draft here

thanks sirs...

Yogi M. P. Singh

1.They told that they had built new over tank to serve drinking water to my area and waiting for new water source from Govt. pipe line. Tr.Karira sir asked me to make follow up with another RTI application to know the status of the connection.

2.Currently they are storing and distributing Hard water(can be used for washing and bathing) in that tank.Shall i request for this hard water connection. Time being it could help me out in solving my half problems due to water scarcity. After getting the new water source from TWAD Board they can issue me drinking water in the same tap. Help me out to frame a RTI in this sir..If needed i can send or upload rough draft here Hon'ble member-Article 15. (1) of indian constitution states that, The State shall not discriminate against any

citizen on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, place

of birth or any of them.

(2) No citizen shall, on grounds only of religion, race,

caste, sex, place of birth or any of them, be subject to any

disability, liability, restriction or condition with regard to—

(a) access to shops, public restaurants, hotels and

places of public entertainment; or

(b) the use of wells, tanks, bathing ghats, roads

and places of public resort maintained wholly or

partly out of State funds or dedicated to the use of

the general public. Hon'ble member- To provide basic amenities is the duty of Government concern. To provide fresh drinking water is the obligatory duty of state Government as no life is possible without it and Right to life is the fundamental right which must be protected by democratic Government. Consequently continue your struggle till you achieve your goal.

vctmoorthi

Dear sir,

I do understand water is my birth right and i will struggle till i succeed in this war with local panchayat.

I would like to know, in which way should i draft a second letter to demand water from the newly built tank and the status of new water source connection from TWAD board

RTI Application Form

Applicant I.D. No. _________

File No. - _________________

Dated: 02/09/2012

To,

The Public Information Officer & Block Development Officer,

Sarkar Samakulam Panchayat Office,

Sarkar Samakulam,

Coimbatore-641 107

Dear Sir,

Sub:- Request for information under RTI-Act 2005

I, C.Thirumoorthi Son of T.Chellappan Resident of 7/8, Sengaadu, Keeranatham, Saravanampatty, Coimbatore – 641035., Mobile No. - (96595-95262) wishes to seek information, under the RTI Act, 2005 from Executive Officer under Assistant Director of Town panchayat. I, hereby, declare that I am a Citizen of India and the information sought in this application will be used in the best of the Public Interest. I further assure you that, I shall not allow/ cause to use / Pass /share / display / or circulate the information received in any case and under any circumstances, with any person or in any manner which would be detrimental to the Unity / Sovereignty or against the Interest of India.

1. The information needed must be point-wised explicit and as desired.

UNION PANCHAYAT OFFICE - SARKARSAMAKULAM

1. The Information sought pertains to your Village panchayat officeWater Board Dept.
  2. The Required Information is for the period – 01/08/2012 to 31/08/2012.
  3. With reference to your answer for my previous RTI dated 03/08/2012, Please make available aforesaid information and status of your application within time on new Pillur water source extension from TWAD Board to provide drinking water for the new tank..
  4. With reference to your answer, as you were taking necessary steps to extend pipeline facility in my area, I would like to know the status of the pipeline laying process to serve water for my location.
  5. I would like to get detailed information on actions and measures taken along with the letters sent to TWAD board on requesting new water source from the Pillur facility.
  6. As per your answer on newly constructed overtank in my area to serve water, I can demand hard water which you were storing and distributing to few familes from the new tank currently.
  7. You shall provide me drinking water after receiving new water source from TWAD board. Till , you shall give me a new connection atleast for hard water to satisfy a part of my water needs. Since water is child birth as per our constitutional law.
  8. I need tentative date from the local panchayat on completion of new pipeline to serve water from newly built tank to my residence along with the complete budget made for new pipeline to serve water my area.
  9. I have deposited the required RTI Fee amount of Rs.10/-(Rupees Ten only) towards

Application fee through Indian Postal Order drawn in the favour of Government of Tamilnadu payable at Coimbatore, dated- Further, I also undertake to pay any additional fees/charges (if applicable) as prescribed

under the RTI Act.

Kindly provide the information as soon as possible & within time frame as stipulated under RTI Act,2005

Regards

Thirumoorthi C

FOR OFFICE USE: -

A. The Application has been

1. Received on ---

2. Received through - POST

3. Received By (Name of Person) - ________________________

B. Designation of Person Receiving Application ________________________________

C. Office particulars where Application was received ___________________________

D. The Application has been Forwarded to ( Name of Person concerned / Office

Particulars) -

E. Signature & Stamp of the Person Receiving RTI Application –

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble member-

The Information sought pertains to your Village panchayat office – Water Board Dept.

The Required Information is for the period – 01/08/2012 to 31/08/2012. I have deposited the required RTI Fee amount of Rs.10/-(Rupees Ten only) towards THROUGH these points you have not sought any information so delete from the points sought information. You shall provide me drinking water after receiving new water source from TWAD board. Till , you shall give me a new connection atleast for hard water to satisfy a part of my water needs. Since water is child birth as per our constitutional law. Hon'ble member-Transparency act is instrumental in seeking information rather than redressing the Grievance/complaint so for this point submit a grievance letter for redressing before appropriate authority , then seek status under R.T.I. Act 2005.

vctmoorthi

Dear Sir

I've already made an RTI and they had replied me with some answers giving hope for my queries.I need to know the status made till this date on getting water connection for new water tank from TWAD Board after answering my RTI. Along with this, i would like to know Pipeline laying status, and provision of giving me a new water connection for hard water, instead of drinking water. I'll fight till i succeed.

Thanks and Regards

Thirumoorthi C

vctmoorthi

Dear RTI activists

With referring to my previous RTI application, the local panchayat office have given all the necessary details of expenses made on water facility, total amount of tax collected on water charges. Now i would like to draft another application to know the status of the new water connection to my area.

Guide me in this