News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
vctmoorthi

Water connection obtained after 30 years - after using RTI !

vctmoorthi

Dear Yogi MP Singh

I would like to apply grievance for my new water connection. I've prepared the Second RTI or FOllow up RTI letter to know the current status of New water line laying to my area, which could serve hard or drinking water to my home. I've asked them on details of budget made to lay new pipeline and also the process related in purchase of new pipes for laying. Is this enough?

Following is the application draft:-

1.Please provide me the circulars and notices made form panchayat on requesting additional water source from TWAD Board to serve water facility for newly built tank in my area.

2. Since, you have replied me that, hard water is stored in the newly built tank, which had been specially built to serve water in my area. I would like to get hard water as a temporary solution to satisfy part of water needs.

3.I would like to know the status of water pipe line laying process from new tank to my home and also the budget made in this pipeline laying process.

4. I would like to know the tentative date on completion of work and when shall i expect the new water connection, since i suffer for the last 30 years without water.

( Sir, My panchayat is not accepting the new water connection fees from me, so i have sent an application through registered post. Is it ok, because they might escape judicially as i didn't submit any applications)

5. I need copy of all circulars made on TWAD board water requisition.

Sir, what else should i ask, guide me to get a new water connection. We were suffering from this panchayat for the last 30 years and don have any other go except fighting.

Read more: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/105436-rti-help-requesting-new-water-connection-thread-continued.html#ixzz2ANogBoA5

The Complete Right to Information Community Portal of India

Follow us: @rtiindia on Twitter | rtiindia.org on Facebook

karira

vctmoorthi,

DO NOT start multiple threads on the same topic/subject !

vctmoorthi

Dear sirs

I received a letter yesterday stating that they would provide me water connection from alternate source(old water tank) till they get additional water facility from TWAD Board. I've submitted an application requesting for new water connection with my House tax receipts and they promised to provide me with a public tap nearby my home as temporary measure. They have asked to wait for 3 months time as they need to make budget and also to fix up some village meeting for discussion. Is this a right way for answering my RTI,. I have requested for at least hard water as temporary measure for my home till they receive drinking water facility from the govt. Now they are giving this type of reply. Shall i approach consumer forum for this, really i need help from you people in this regard.

vctmoorthi

Dear Members

I have not received reply to the above mentioned 2nd RTI( as per the advise by Tr.Karira) against my village panchayat asking the details about New water connection status, and the process of procurement of new pipe fittings. Also i have asked for a provision to supply hard water as an temporary relief until they receive new drinking water resource from state government water board department.

Hardly my previous RTI has crossed 30 days and in between few days back i received a letter(dated 10-11-12) from the PIO of the panchayat assuring that i'll be replied in the mentioned duration. So far nothing has been received from their end, except few phone calls convincing me that, i'll be soon provided with water connection.Plz help me out in my next step.

RTI posted on 20-10-2012

Regards

Thirumoorthi C

karira

Wait for 5 to 7 days more (after expiry of 30 days) and then file a first appeal for "deemed denial" of information.

A ready draft of a first appeal for deemed denial is available here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/27882-regarding-final-settlement-central-govt-employee-post99423.html#post99423

Use it after modifying it for your case.

Yogi M. P. Singh
Dear Members

I have not received reply to the above mentioned 2nd RTI( as per the advise by Tr.Karira) against my village panchayat asking the details about New water connection status, and the process of procurement of new pipe fittings. Also i have asked for a provision to supply hard water as an temporary relief until they receive new drinking water resource from state government water board department.

Hardly my previous RTI has crossed 30 days and in between few days back i received a letter(dated 10-11-12) from the PIO of the panchayat assuring that i'll be replied in the mentioned duration. So far nothing has been received from their end, except few phone calls convincing me that, i'll be soon provided with water connection.Plz help me out in my next step.

RTI posted on 20-10-2012

Regards

Thirumoorthi C

Hon'ble member-PIO is assuring you to provide you sought information within mentioned duration through its communication dared 10-11-2012 so wait in order to provide time to PIO to keep promise.

vctmoorthi

Dear Karira & Yogi Singh

I'm so happy and am really grateful in using the RTI. After 30 years of struggle, day before yesterday i got a new drinking water connection to my home.This had been my long day dream and now I've received a fruitful result. My parents and nearby people to my home also praising me for getting them water connection. Now everyone near my home coming and meeting me for some clarifications on RTI. Thus is my second success story on RTI India forum. I'm so thankful to all the members who helped me in this forum. Let your service helps more and more people.

Regards

Thirumoorthi Chellappan

• Like 2

karira

Moving the thread to the "Success stories" section.

Please spread the RTI word around to your family, neighbors and everyone else. RTI will be of great benefit to them also.

• Like 1