News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
krishnakkp

wife's medical treatment details reg

Question

krishnakkp

Can i get my wife's medical records through RTI Act. if not, what circumstances I can't.

7 answers to this question

snkmoorthy

medical records are confidential and cannot be divulged except through a court order.

sharmajee

if you are yourself a patient (or its your dependent spouse or kid a patient), you may directly seek copy of all medical records, from the hospital simply by sending a regd letter request. No need of RTI. Its the right of the patient to know what treatments given/ being prescribed and what are the alternatives.

krishnakkp

I am husband and need my wife's medical treatment records( out patient ) like scanning and opd slips etc. Can i get without concern of my wife. My wife is dependent on me.

ajayjangid

no,

the same information is confidenational and personal information

the PIO can deny under sec 8(1)e

please read : (e) information available to a person in his fiduciary relationship, unless the competent authority is satisfied that the larger public interest warrants the disclosure of such information

sharmajee

I am reproducing excerpts from MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA NOTIFICATION New Delhi, dated 11th March, 2002, (Professional Conduct, Etiquette and Ethics) Regulations, 2002, :

Section 1.3.2. If any request is made for medical records either by the patients / authorised attendant or legal authorities involved, the same may be duly acknowledged and documents shall be issued within the period of 72 hours.

Therefore one will need of consent/ authorisation of adult patient, if any other person than patient is asking copy of medical records.

ambrish.p

Dear Member

a. Please read the threads available here:https://www.google.co.in/webhp?rlz=1C1SKPC_enIN341IN351&sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=sea&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&rlz=1C1SKPC_enIN341IN351&sclient=psy-ab&q=medical+records+of+third+party+site:www.rtiindia.org&oq=medical+records+of+third+party+site:www.rtiindia.org&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=serp.3...250491.260513.3.260961.34.33.1.0.0.14.1477.9899.0j11j18j1j0j1j0j2.33.0...0.0.9SyVuvFLwmY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=fcd94da6b2898b71&ix=sea&ion=1&biw=1366&bih=667

b. Kindly dont make multiple posts/threads for same query.

regards