- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
This topic is now closed to further replies.
By Shree Vathsan
The person in the article below is me. I had a corporation official visit my house with the RTI and asking for my whereabouts. However the PIO has sent a reply on 8/5/19 stating that AE Div 170 is the person responsible for inspecting the banners on the particular stretch. It is after finalising this reply that I had got a call from AE Div 170 on 8/5/19 evening and a person visited my house on 9/5/19. The reply sent by PIO dated 8/5/19 was received on 11/5/19.
Further The AE has stated that he has inspected the stretch and removed illegal banners immediately. However I have material evidence that the banners remained in the same place from afternoon till late night. Only the persons who kept the banner had removed them. So can I penalise the PIO for providing false and incorrect information.
Chandigarh, February 20: A former teacher of Sanawar School, DR Rajinder Singla, today alleged that he was sacked after he demanded some information from the school under the Right To Information Act (RTI). Addressing a press conference at Press Club, Sector 27, Singla alleged that the school has a number of irregularities and the school authorities were not ready to confront it. Singla said, â€œWhen the school authorities were not ready to answer my queries I went through the RTI and submitted a 13 page application to the regional officer of CBSE at Panchkula.
A few weeks later I received a letter from the headmaster of the school stating that my services had been terminated with immediate effect.â€
He further said, â€œ While I was denied the information the first time I had asked for it under the RTI act, the regional officer at the CBSE office in Panchkula, Kushal Singh later directed the headmaster of the school to provide me with the required information.â€
Singla also alleged that the school authorities direct the teachers to act and function as per their wishes, failing which they are harassed.
He added, â€œ those who have been harassing the teachers include R P Aggarwal, Chairman of board of governors and education secretary to the Government of India, Jai Singh Gill, former chief secretary, Government of Punjab, Omar Abdullah, MP from Jammu and Kashmir and Lt General A N Aul, chief of staff, HQ Western Command, Chandimandir.
Many teachers have been sacked by the school without serving any notice or explaining the reason of doing the same.â€
Meanwhile, refuting the allegation, Praveen Vasisht, Headmaster Sanawar School, said, â€œSingla had a poor record.
He has been sacked as per the decision taken by the board of directors and not because he requested for information. He is making false allegations about the school because he himself is at fault.â€
Singla also said that he would be filing a case against the school authorities in the District Courts soon.
Former Sanawar teacher alleges harassment at the hands of school authorities