Sumit.Jha

CIC takes nine months to realize that complaint is not in proper format

Sumit.Jha

Dear Friends,

Here is my experience with CIC in a matter that I am pursuing since 2009:

• CIC, at time chooses not to respond to RTI applications. It is happening - CIC simply does not respond and you can't do anything*
  • In a complaint against a PA, after NINE MONTHS CIC replies that complaint is not in proper format.**

*You can definitely opt for appeal but can you expect no response from CIC, which is the body responsible to promote Right To Information.

**What is the complaint-False information by Public Authority to information commissioner based on which IC decided the case.

Let me share few facts of this complaint:

1. I filed RTI application to Indian Army. CPIO rejects application citing fiduciary relation. First AA upheld decision, disposed my appeal.
  2. I Filed second appeal to CIC. Now FAA/PA takes a new stand that files of retired officers are destroyed after 3 years so information can't be given.
  3. IC decided the matter by saying 'Information should have been given to applicant. But since file has been destroyed, matter becomes academic and should be closed'.
  4. I filed another RTI application in Army, and got reply that files are kept for 15 years.
  5. I filed complaint to CIC in Jan, 2011-No response.
  6. I filed RTI Application to CIC to know the status of my complaint-no response.
  7. I filed another complaint in August, 2011
  8. In March, 2012 I was told matter will come up in June, 2012
  9. In April, 2012, I asked for file number of my complaint-On this dealing officer forcefully wants to convey me that my application is wrong (indirectly wants to convey that I should not pursue the matter-I don't know his interest and I refused)
  10. I field RTI Application on 11th May, 2012 to know the status of my complaint filed in Aug, 2011-no response till date
  11. On 15th June, I received letter from CIC that my complaint is not in proper format and that I should file again-That after 9 months, they came to know that my application was not in proper format.
  12. I filed fresh complaint as per suggestion on 26th June, 2012
  13. I also filed First Appeal on 26th June, 2012 against non-supply of information sought through RTI application on 11th May, 2012

Now I am again awaiting their response.

Thank You,

S.K.Jha

New Delhi

jj99

when there is erratic reply by pio then file as many as RTI applications with the help different known persons, this will ensure that you have some authentic information -- file FA and SA when the matter comes to SA prove you point