News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

Question

anu singh

Hi,

My name is ANAMIKA

I applied for my passport on 18-08-2008..

My File Reference Number is : RCH-A020516-08

police verification has already been done but it has still not been submitted.

There is no change in status from last onw month.

Plz help me to find out what is the actual problem.

Thanking in advance

• Thanks 1

anmolmore

I want to apply for a RTI Form

I have applied for Fresh Passport around 5 months back at Cochin Office, but authorities are saying that we haven't received your Permanent Address (in Bihar) Police Verification till date. So we cannot issue you the passport.

I want to know if there is any Maximum Period under which passport should be issued, If no, Then How I can get Information about at which officer(office) in Bihar the file is present and why the file is not moving there. As at my permanent address the Police is saying that they have not received my file yet

karira

First you can file a RTI Application with the Cochin passport Office and ask for:

- the copy of the letter sent to Bihar along with the name/address to which it was sent

- the date of despatch, the mode of despatch and any other details like registration number, etc.

Once you have this information, then you can proceed further from the Bihar end.

The details of the PIO of the Cochin office are available here: RTI MAIN MENU

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

anmolmore

They have already told me date on which hey sent, to the Superabundant of Police Office, Gaya Distt Bihar without RTI Form. But not shown the exact copy. What can I do after this ?

karira

It is better to get the copies, the reference number and proof of despatch.

If they are cooperative, you can get the copies even without RTI.

Once you have the copies, you can start following up with Gaya.

anmolmore

Sir, If I get the information about reference Number, and the copies.

What questions should I frame to SP Office gaya to track my application status there ?

Can I ask about procedure to issue a passport under Tatkal scheme in an RTI Form to Regional Passport Officer, Cochin. As he told me that even in Tatkal we send for Permanent address verification. But how can they get the permanent address verification within 7 days from a distant city ( above 2500 kms ) like Gaya

anmolmore

Please let me know if any modification is needed in this RTI Letter. This is with reference to my old post at http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/66592-rti-information-passport-dealy.html#post161260 -

To,

Sri. B.Sreekumar,

Ag. Regional Passport Officer,

[Principal Information Officer]

Regional Passport Office,

Panampilly Nagar Cochin - 682036.

Subject : Right to Information (RTI) Enquiry

This mail is with reference to Right to Information Act, 2005. As RTI Enquiry can be done through E-Mail as mentioned in RTI Act, 2005. Any information should be provided in English. Information can be sent part wise or completely as desired by Regional Passport Officer, Cochin and can be either sent to email address - anmolmore@gmail.com or should be sent to the Postal address mentioned below -

..Name and Postal address..

Information sought under RTI Act, 2005 are :

(1) Copies of the letter and documents sent for Permanent Address Verification with reference to the application number "COCW....." Dated "dd/mm/yyyy" for Fresh Passport in the name of ANMOL MORE.

(2) Address at which above mentioned letter and documents has been sent.

(3) The date of dispatch of above mentioned letter and documents.

(4) Mode of dispatch of above mentioned letter and documents.

(5) Reference Number and tracking Number used by Passport Office, Cochin to track the status of above mentioned Letter and documents.

(6) Can a applicant who has applied under Normal Scheme for fresh passport can pay an extra fee of Rs 1500 and produce following three documents - "Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards, Student Identity Cards issued by Recognized Educational Institutions and Birth Certificates issued under the RBD Act" after 6 months of application where Passport has not been obtained but present address verification has been obtained from police ,request to issue a passport under Tatkal Scheme ?

(7) What is the procedure to transfer a fresh passport application from normal scheme to Tatkal scheme if desired by the applicant ? What is the maximum duration under which this can be done ?

(8) Maximum Time Limit under which Fresh Passport should be issued if Present Residential Address verification has been obtained by Passport Office for a fresh passport application under normal scheme.

(9) Maximum Time Limit under which Fresh Passport should be issued if Present Residential Address verification has been obtained by Passport Office for a fresh passport application under Tatkal scheme.

(10) Is Permanent Address verification has been done for all the applications received for fresh passport under Tatkal Scheme at Cochin Passport Office from January 1, 2006 to January 1, 2011 ?

(11) Total Number of Applications for fresh passport under Tatkal scheme at Passport Office, Cochin from January 1, 2006 to January 1, 2011 which were sent under Permanent Address verification process ?

(12) Total Number of Applications for fresh passport under Tatkal scheme at Passport Office, Cochin from January 1, 2006 to January 1, 2011 which were sent under Present Address verification process ?

(13) Total Number of Applications for fresh passport under Normal scheme ( for which Fee is Rs 1000 ) at Passport Office, Cochin from January 1, 2006 to January 1, 2011 which were sent under Permanent Address verification process ?

(14) Details of the sub stages and procedure under the "PISON Check", "Index" and "Files to AUDIT SECTION for granting/ issuing objection letter if any" mentioned on website Background to fit screen under the section Work Flow Chart.

The same application would follow you through Fax. The fee for the above RTI Enquiry has been paid through DD dated "dd/mm/yyyy" drawn from "Bank Name" and is sent through Speed Post along with a copy of this Email

Thank you

Yours sincerely,

Name and Address

anmolmore

Still no help, I really need help on this to put a RTI Form, so that I may not get stuck in loop holes of RTI at later stage

karira

Tow threads merged

Please do not start new threads on the same issue/subject/topic.

Continue in the same old thread only.

That application is perfect.

For 10, 11, 12 and 13, since the period is long, maybe you want to break it up in different years.

Also ask for the last 2 or 3 years only.

Also try to rephrase item 6 and just ask for the list of documents....

• Like 1

anmolmore

I was going through doc files in this forum "on success and failure of RTI applications" . Should I ask (1) - (5) in a separate RTI application and then after getting the reply for all this, I should follow Gaya SP and again put another application for point (6) - (14)

I don't want to get hold of RPO, Cochin by just putting a lot of unrelated information with my Passport application.

For time I think I need to ask from Aug 1, 2010 - January 1, 2011 only. That is really worth of asking for. Yes I would reframe questions (6) for list of documents only

karira

It is better to concentrate on one issue at a time.

First concentrate on getting the passport.

Then concentrate on improving the system of issue of passports.

anmolmore

Sir, In whose name can I make the DD of Rs 10/- for sending the RTI application through Post.

Is it necessary to attach a scanned copy of the DD, if I'm sending the RTI application through E-Mail.

ambrish.p

Dear Anmol

U can pay the RTI fee by INDIAN POSTAL ORDER (IPO). IPO will be in favour of ACCOUNTS OFFICER. DONT send the RTI application by email. Please use traditional methods. Also read: How to submit a RTI Application - RTI Guide

regards

anmolmore

Sir, I am sorry, but I'm unable to identify clearly how to send the Application.

(1) Buy an IPO of Rs 10/- in favor of "Accounts officer, passport office, cochin" . Is this the exact name I have to fill in IPO or Should it be "Regional Passport officer, cochin" as earlier fee for fresh passport was paid in his name only?

I'm not very sure, but I read somewhere at passport office cochin notice board that fee can be paid by dd in favour of regional passport officer.

(2) Enclose the IPO along with RTI application and send to speed post.

Or is it better to get a RTI application form available for Rs 10/- at Passport Office, cochin and apply through that. Difficulty with that is, they resist in giving that application form, always and ask to meet passport officer

ambrish.p

Dear Anmol

Its not mandatory to use form provided by RPO. Enclose the IPO along with RTI application and send by speed post or u can submit the same with CAPIO postal dept.

regards

anmolmore

Exact name on the IPO should be - "Accounts Officer, Passport Office, Cochin" or "Regional passport officer, Cochin" ?

As I mentioned above..

ambrish.p

Dear Anmol

Yes (as per rules it has to be) in favour of ACCOUNTS OFFICER, Regional passport office, Cochin"

regards

• Like 1

anmolmore

Please check the item no (6), (7), (8) if some modification is needed ? .

(1) Copies of the letters and documents sent for Permanent Address Verification with reference to the application number "COCW16004810" Dated August 9, 2010 for Fresh Passport in the name of ANMOL MORE.

(2) Address at which above mentioned letters and documents has been sent.

(3) The date of dispatch of above mentioned letters and documents.

(4) Mode of dispatch of above mentioned letters and documents.

(5) Reference Number and tracking Number used by Passport Office, Cochin to track the status of above mentioned Letters and documents.

(6) How many times passport office, cochin contacted the concerned authority to whom above mentioned documents were sent to check if the above mentioned letters and documents were received at the address sent.

(7) How many times the passport office, cochin contacted the authority to whom above mentioned documents were sent to check the status of the above mentioned letters and documents.

(8) If contacted the authority to whom above mentioned documents were sent, what response was received each time. Provide separate information about each contact that was done.

karira

6) , 7) and 8) Ask for certified copies of all correspondence between.......regarding....between xxxx and yyy (date)

anmolmore

Should I write like this ? I'm not sure, whom do they contact . Which name or department I can mention ?

(6) Provide certified copies of all correspondence between Regional Passport Office, Cochin and ......... regarding application number "COCW16004810" Dated August 9, 2010 for Fresh Passport in the name of ANMOL MORE between August 9, 2010 to Feb 1, 2011

This response I received from RPO in a mail -

Ref. your e-mail below. We had sent your verification papers to Supdt., of Police, Gaya, Bihar on 29-09-2010 and 27-01-2011 as per your e-mail dated 24-01-2011.

Regards,

RPO, Cochin.

karira

Yes that will be OK.

Just fill in the blank with "any other department or public authority"

anmolmore

Thank you, I would send my first RTI Today

This is the reply I got, when I asked them through Mail on how to pay fees for RTI

Ref. your e-mail below. You can pay Rs.10/- towards RTI fee by DD in favour of Regional Passport Officer, Cochin, payable at Cochin or Indian Postal Order.

Regards,

RPO, Cochin.

anmolmore

Suggest what can I do further other than getting the copies of the documents. Where I would head with those copies -

Here is the reply I got for queries, but they didn't replied anything for the certified copies of correspondence. Query 1 and 6

Query 1) Copies of all letters and documents sent for Permanent address verification with reference to application number "..." Dated "..." for fresh passport in the name of Anmol More

Reply - We have made verification with reference to the permanent address mentioned in your application through the Commissioner of Police/Superintendent of Police of Gaya District in Bihar State vide your letter of even number dated ...09.2010 and ...01.2011

Query 6) Certified Copies of all correspondence between regional passport office, cochin and "any other department or public authority" regarding application number "..." Dated "..." for fresh passport in the name of "anmol more" between "Aug 9, 2011" to "Feb 1, 2011".

Reply - Regarding the issue of passport in favour of you we have made reference to the Commissioner of Police/ Superintendent of Police Gaya district in the bihar state and the copy of said letters are to be issued to you on remittance of Rs6/- towards balance RTI fee and can be remitted at......dd...postal order.

karira

This is "incomplete and incorrect" information.

You have to now file a first appeal.

It has to be filed within 30 days of getting the PIOs reply.

anmolmore

In what manner this is incomplete ?

From their end they are asking Rs 6 for letters and documents.