News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Aparna Anand

IDBI Home Loan

Question

Aparna Anand

Dear Sir

I have a Home at Bangalore and the House in the name of Me and My Husband.

However, IDBI has provided Loan only in the name of My Husband. But Now there is some dispute between me and My Husband.

Now I wanted to know the following details of Loan from Bank:

1. What is the estimate Market value given to the property by the Bank / Value of House Mentioned in the Loan Agreement

2. Other Loan Details.

I have contacted Bank. However, they are not willing to provide me the Loan Details without authorization from my husband (eventhough I am the Co-Owner for the Property).

Kindly let us know whether i can obtain the details of Loan through RTI

Regard

Aparna Anand

2 answers to this question

dr.s.malhotra

IDBI bank is a Public Authority under RTI Act hence they can not refuse to entertain your RTI request . But the Information you intend to get is exempted from disclosure to you by the PIO of the bank u/s 8(1)(d) . You are not likely to get this information using RTI Act.

jps50

If the matter is in court, you may request the court to summon this information from IDBI Bank in the interest of justice.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• sidmis
      By sidmis
      Loan info: RTI at co-owner's disposal
      As reported in the Times of India, 12 Aug 2008, TNN

AHMEDABAD: The Central Information Commission (CIC) has held that a co-owner of land on which loan has been granted by the bank is entitled to have the information about the loan under Right to Information (RTI) Act.

Mukhatyarali Kuereshi of Fatehpura in Vadodara sought information under RTI from the general manager and the central public information officer (CPIO) of State Bank of India's (SBI) local head office in Bhadra. Kuereshi wanted to know information about a loan taken from SBI, the name of the person who availed of the loan, the amount of loan taken and the outstandings.

He also wanted the name of co-owners of the land who had given their no objection consent on granting of the loan as also names of the guarantors of the loan account and whether they too had availed of loan facility from the branch.

The CPIO denied the information but the appellate authority directed the CPIO to seek consent of the other co-owners as third parties and incase they agree then to furnish the information. Notices were issued to all nine co-owners and as one of them objected to disclosure, information was denied to Kuereshi.

CIC ruled that except the information regarding whether the guarantors had availed any loan facility, as Kuereshi was a co-owner of the land on which loan had been granted, all other information had to be given within 15 days and disposed off the appeal.

Loan info: RTI at co-owner's disposal-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India
    • Raghavendra
      By Raghavendra
      Hello everybody,

I had filed an application with the Indian Overseas Branch in Bannur Branch, Mysore district, Karnataka State, seeking to get the loan details(liabalities) of the municipal councilor and her husband has with that bank as I want to tally with the nomination they had filed.

The bank has replied me back saying that "since they don't see any valid reason in giving the details they can't provide the same" and have told me to contact the Chennai head office for further appeal.

Can I get the information which I had asked and the way I have to go now?

Thanks
      Raghavendra

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy