navkapil

RTI for CVs of all the applicants

Question

navkapil

Hello,

Can I demand CVs/Resumes of all the applicants appeared for an interview/exam for some government job and the list of people who got selected.

Please Answer this question when It is asked by Information seeker/ Public Information Officer/ Public Authority. that is

Information seeker: Can I demand CVs/Resumes of all the applicants appeared for an interview/exam for some government job and the list of people who got selected.

Public Information Officer: Can I provide CVs/Resumes of all the applicants appeared for an interview/exam for some government job and the list of people who got selected if such information is asked and (or) do I have to ask concerned people before sharing this information.

Public Authority: Can I provide CVs/Resumes of all the applicants appeared for an interview/exam for some government job and the list of people who got selected after selection process is completed through web so as to avoid unnecessary RTIs (or) do I have to ask concerned people before sharing this information or do i have to have explicitly stated in advertisement.

6 answers to this question

dr.s.malhotra

Applicant can seek this information . Only personal Information like telephone number , address etc. may be severed u/s 10 before supplying Information to the Applicant .

It is not required of either the PIO to get consent on information in public domain . The disclosure of personal details as enumerated above may require application of s.11 procedure for seeking consent of the Candidates .

PA does not come into picture at all in disposing off RTI Application .

• Like 1

navkapil

Actually i also want to ask if Employer (Government) by own his wish, can put the information on the internet, without asking candidates (will that also be legal) so that he can avoid unnecessary RTIs

ambrish.p
Actually i also want to ask if Employer (Government) by own his wish, can put the information on the internet, without asking candidates (will that also be legal) so that he can avoid unnecessary RTIs

Dear Member

Please read:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/69298-rti-section-4-suo-moto-disclosure-information-public-authorities.html#post167104

suo motu disclosure - Search Results - RTI INDIA- Right to Information

regards

jj99

conduct of exam is basic statutory activity of PA - hence all information can be made available provided one puts it in proper perspective

also try to show public interest

regarding statutory enclosed is cic decision

The phrase 'disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest' means that

the information must have been given in the course of a public activity. Various public authorities

in performing their functions routinely ask for 'personal' information from citizens, and this is

clearly a public activity. Public activities would typically include situations wherein a person

applies for a job, or gives information about himself to a public authority as an employee, or asks

for a permission, licence or authorization, or provides information in discharge of a statutory

obligation.

Exemptons _Very_Important _CIC_SM_A_2011_000001_SG_14171_M_65260.pdf

• Like 1

navkapil

I clearly state my position. Actually, there is going to be recruitment of faculty in a University, and we want to take proactive measures so that good applicants have better chances and bhai-bhatijawaad effect can be diminished. In this regard we expect all your suggestion with which good recruitment can be made highly probable. Our VC is a nice man, and we can suggest him to take some measures.

Moreover, we are thinking of writing a reminder letter to all the recruitment committees that it is very important to take good applicants as many futures will be shaped accordingly.

(Sorry, if I am trying to take the forum away from RTI business, I hope it will be okay with the forum's ethics)

jps50

This is a very good idea.