News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
callcenjobs

success in getting sixth pay commission pension credited

callcenjobs

I recently put complaints on the government complaint redressal website pgportal.gov.in.

The website gave me a complaint number. It was easy as I could upload .Pdf files directly on the website.

I managed to upload the government directions directly from the maharashtra government website from the GR (Government Resolution section) and upload it on the grievance website to save time.

After 30 days I followed it up with an RTI application to find out the status of my complaint.

It worked wonders since, I saved a lot of time and effort posting letters and remembering speed post numbers.

At around the 29th day of filing the rti application, I had already prepared my first appeal since I did not expect a reply.

However, the last day of the expected reply ie the 30th day, was actually the 1st of august 2012. My mother received an sms from her bank where she is getting her pension. The sms showed the new amount that was the increased amount as per the sixth pay commission credited to her account.

It was just amazing. It helped because in this way, through filing the complaint on the government website, in the event if there was any policy related decision that was supposed to be taken, it had to be taken as per the rules of the grievance ministry.

jps50

Please help others to resolve their problems with govt through pgportal and RTI.

callcenjobs

Surely sir,

In fact the pgportal + rti method was the most successful since, no officer can claim that documents were "burnt in any unforseen fire" and also the online facility is time barred since it has time stamps also, ie the time that it was actioned by each officer.

Regards

callcenjobs

Sir,

I just wanted your support in starting a forum that will actually deal with PGPORTAL + RTI complaints, since it was the most effective way of using the government machinery and the right to information to the applicants benefit.

Regards

FightCorruption

CallCen Congrats for your success !!

I have also lodged a complaint on pgportal.gov.in with Government of Gujarat and its been more than 90 days & no action has been taken till date, status says "Grievance received".

This Grievance pertains to 6th pay commission arrears which my father is suppose to receive.

I wanted to know

1) Whom did you address this RTI application ? (State Information Officer or Public information officer of a particular department)

2) What were the questions you framed in this application ? (Was it as simple as "Request you to provide the status of Complaint")

callcenjobs

Hello there.

Firstly it was a good step that you took..

Firstly take a print out of that complaint..there is a button on the screen that has two options "logout" and "print"

Then file a regular status of complaint request to the public information officer of the department and address will be listed in the complaint . give the reference number that you see on the screen of pgportal.

yes it is as simple as status of the complaint.

Application under the Right to Information Act, 2005.

To,

Public Information Officer,

(PUT THE ADDRESS THAT YOU SEE ON THE SCREEN on the WITH THE COMPLAINT NUMBER),

R.T.I. Ref. No. :-

(Please quote this Ref. No. in all future correspondence on this RTI application)

1) Full name of the applicant : .

2) Address : .

3) Subject matter of information :-- Action taken on complaints lodged. (COPY ENCLOSED) (ENCLOSE A PRINT OUT OF THE COMPLAINT THAT YOU GET FROM PGPORTAL showing the complaint reference number.

4) The period to which the information relates : From (DATE OF RECEIPT OF COMPLAINT) till the date of reply to this RTI application.

5) Description of the information required : (Kindly provide Stamped, Signed and Certified True Copies or Attested Copies or Authenticated Copies of information provided on this RTI application. Kindly provide the information point-wise and in English language as far as possible as required under Section 6 (1), 4 (3) and 7 (9) of the RTI Act, 2005.) :

(Please refer to Complaint lodged by me. (Copy enclosed). Hereafter called “said Complaint”.

a) Kindly provide the copies of the ATR (Action Taken Report), including File Notings, on the every complaint lodged or all the information available to prove that action has been taken on every complaint.

b) If no action or partial action has been taken on the said Complaints then kindly provide reasons recorded for the same.

c) If no action or partial action has been taken on the said Complaints, then kindly provide the name, designation, contact details of the officers responsible for the acting on the said Complaint.

d) Kindly provide the copies of the action taken, including File Notings, against those officers, contractor etc. for taking improper / incomplete / no action on the said Complaint ? Please give complete details of the same.

e) Any other information available on the above “subject matter of information”.

f) Kindly provide the copy of the plan of action for redressing the said Complaint ? Please give complete details of the same.

g) Kindly provide copies of all file notings on this application and enclosed complaint.

h) Kindly provide copies of the service rules of those officers dealing with this complaint.

Dear PIO,

Please note :--

a. If the information sought by me is voluminous, then I am willing to visit your office to inspect the records, files etc. (u/s Sec. 2 (j) and Sec. 7 (9) of the RTI Act 2005) at a mutually convenient time.

b. If you want to deny any of the information sought by me then please quote the exemption clause of Section 8 (1) and a brief reason as to how it applies. This is a requirement of the RTI Act, as per Section 7 (8) (i) read along with Section 19 (5).

c. If any of the information sought is available with any other Dept. then kindly transfer the copy of the concerned query to that department and promptly inform me in writing of the same, giving details of the Dept. to which it is transferred. [ See Sec. 6 (3) (ii).].

d) If information sought needs to be extracted from a file etc., then it should be done as per Sec. 2 (j) (ii) of the RTI Act 2005.

6) Whether information is required by post or in person : By Post.

7) In case by post (Ordinary, Registered or Speed) : By Registered Post.

8) Whether the applicant is below poverty line : No

Date :-

Place : Mumbai

Signature of the Applicant

enclosed : copy of the print out of the complaint with the complaint number.

• Like 1

callcenjobs

PORTAL FOR

PUBLIC GRIEVANCES

Brought to you by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances

Government of India

Home

Lodge a Grievance Lodge Reminder/Clarification View Status Change Password Forgot Password

Grievance Status

Print || LogOut

Status as on 13 Aug 2012

Registration Number : DOPPW/E/2012/00345

Name Of Complainant : abcd efgh

Date of Receipt : 15 Mar 2012

Received by : Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare

Forwarded to : Government of Maharashtra

Officer name : Shri. P.S. Meena

Officer Designation : Principal Secretary

Contact Address : General Admn. Deptt.,

Room No. 530 Main, Mantralaya,

Mumbai400032

Contact Number : 022-22027151

Date of Action : 16 Mar 2012

This is an example of a complaint on the pgportal website.

so the letter will be addressed to

THE PIO.

C/O SHRI P.S.MEENA

PRINCIPAL SECRETARY

General Admn. DePTT

Room No. 530 Main, Mantralaya,

Mumbai400032

COMPLAINT NUMBER IS doppw/e/2012/00345

• Like 1

callcenjobs

In fact after the new stipulation of decreasing the amount of words one can use in the rti application. we can use this method. and then file a crisp rti just to find out the status of the application....it is really an effective method.

FightCorruption

Thanks for your response and appreciate your effort for writing each and every step in detail. This will be of great help to others who are struggling to get their arrears as per 6th pay commission and tired of writing N number of complaints to the designated officers who hardly bother to even respond to those complaints.

Will keep the thread posted on the progress of the complaint as the response might take 20-25 days.

callcenjobs

Will really look forward to it.

It would be nice if you could upload the responses of the officers after blurring out the names of the individuals to protect their identity so that it could help a lot of other people.

Again the beauty of this method is that in the event if any decisions have to be taken at the POLICY level they are taken. since that is a pre-requisite of the pgportal website that mandates a 90 day period for reply.

I am re-working the rti application for other users to be used so that they include the conditions of the pgportal website.

Regards

• Like 1

FightCorruption

Well just to update the thread I had received a letter from PIO stating I that I need to pay Rs 10 to get the information regarding following points

a) Kindly provide the copies of the ATR (Action Taken Report), including File Notings, on the every complaint lodged or all the information available to prove that action has been taken on every complaint.

b) If no action or partial action has been taken on the said Complaints then kindly provide reasons recorded for the same.

c) If no action or partial action has been taken on the said Complaints, then kindly provide the name, designation, contact details of the officers responsible for the acting on the said Complaint.

d) Kindly provide the copies of the action taken, including File Notings, against those officers, contractor etc. for taking improper / incomplete / no action on the said Complaint ? Please give complete details of the same.

e) Any other information available on the above “subject matter of information”.

f) Kindly provide the copy of the plan of action for redressing the said Complaint ? Please give complete details of the same.

I made a postal order of Rs 10 and received some documents which stated that the complaint has been forwarded to the respective department and a copy is sent to Finance department in Delhi and that necessary action will be taken to resolve the matter at the earliest.

But as such I did not receive the names of officers involved or the action taken against officers or the expected date by which the matter will be resolved.

Should I file for an appeal or wait for some more time ?

ambrish.p

Dear Member

No need to file appeal, you may start the same afresh with Finance department in Delhi.

regards

bhilavandhra dayalan

It is very useful.I get the hope that I will get my pension and other pension benefits soon.

Thanks a lot.