Jump to content
  • 0
cajetan lemos

Renewal of Cancelled Ration Card, Pls help


cajetan lemos

Dear Sir,

My ration card was cancelled in the year 2010(may be cancelled before 2010), without any intimation or notification, on visiting the Rationing office, I was told by the officer in charged, that I would have to renew the same by submitting a new application form, the application was submitted & the date to meet the Officer/Inspector was given was after a month, for which I had visited the office on the date/time mentioned on the counter slip, but the officer in charged said he could not make it on that day, hence he said he would visit some day later. As months passed by I had visited the office once again in 2011 & I was told by the officer that he had visited our residence & no one was present at home(my wife & me are working & both my sons go school), again there was no information/intimation given to any neighbours about his visit or a slip/chit left behind regarding the visit, anyway after two to three visits to the office the officer visited our residence & informed me that my application was put into K/P(I do not know what is the meaning of K/P) , the application would have to be removed from K/P & a new application would have to be submitted. To my surprise there is no remark what so ever on the application, for putting it into K/P. Now after my two visits in last month, I was told the officer /Inspector of our area has been transferred & the new officer/Inspector who is appointed was on leave for a week.

Kindly advice me or if your intervention is required to escalate the renewal of my ration card, since it is not possible for me to take leave from work & make rounds to the rationing office, without my ration card being renewed in stipulated time, since the whole process will have to be started once again.

Thanking you,

Regards/ Cajetan Lemos

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Dear Member


This portal is meant for discussion regarding the Right To Information Act 2005 (RTI Act 2005).For (procedural information or) help in other matters not related to RTI, please visit the sister website: Activity Stream - Big Helpers Community



  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • Latha Ramesh
      By Latha Ramesh
      My name is already there in my native place(Coimbatore, TN), in my dad's card and my husbands name is in his native (Tirupattur, TN). After wedding, we shifted to Chennai. Now, ration card officials say that - we have to get our names removed from our resp. natives and then only we can apply for a new card here. But in our native, they say it will take 2 months or more to remove and give a letter for that. And people say that we got to bribe or know somebody there, only then we can get it soon.
      I want to know the exact procedure and how long it would take. The problem is, without ration cards, we can't gas cylinders now. We are managing with microwave oven and coil heaters.
      Please help.
    • vasudevnayak
      By vasudevnayak
      Hi am Vasudev Nayak working as Software Engineer.Earlier i was staying in valasaravakkam but after marriage am staying with my family in K.K.Nagar.I have gas connection from 2005 with Bharath Gas CoCo distributors,Valasaravakkam.They don't have supply to my area where i reside so i have applied for transfer from Valasaravakkam to K.K.Nagar.I have got transfer papers from them but Sai Krupa Agency,K.K.Nagar is not appecting the transfer as i dont have Ration Card.They say either i get a letter from Civil Supplier saying i don't have ration card or Apply ration card and give the slip.Now i wanted to apply for ration card so i wanted to know where i have to apply and the procedures for the same.I have enquired this with some of my friends they say go to T-Nagar Civil Suppler Office and submitted the form,address proof with two photos and others say you have to apply to the respective Civil Supplier Office according to the area.I require information about how to apply and where to apply?Am staying in K.K.Nagar.For accepting the transfer of gas what best i can do now as my gas i over and facing problems.Kindly reply me in this regard.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy