News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
dinesh1178

IT refund received within 1 month

dinesh1178

I would like to give my sincere thanks to innovators of RTI India for such a wonderful idea. This site is really great.

I had submitted my IT return in July 2007 for AY 2007-08. There was a refund claim for Rs. 5000+. But I did not get it till August 08. Then I searched on net for help and found this site. After getting guidance from this website, I had filed RTI application on 10th September, it reached to concerned officer on 15th September and finally, I have got my refund cheque on 12th October.

Kudos to RTIIndia.org.

I would also like to know that for how much time should I wait to get my IT refund for AY 2008-09. I had filed IT return in July 2008.

dinesh1178

Thanks Ambrish.

Can you please tell me where can I see this citizen charter or please post the link here? I want to read the latest version of it.

ambrish.p

Dinesh ji

please find link here:

Income Tax India

reagards

december

Dinesh ji

You can find the citizen's charter at Income Tax India

Hope this helps.

sandeepbaheti

Hi Dinesh,

Congratulations on your first success with RTI. By now you must have realized how RTI can be helpful in improving the life of citizens. Hopefully you may want to use RTI for other good purposes in the future.

Shrawan

Dinesh,

Thank you for sharing your case and would be interesting if you could upload your RTI Application and responses to RTI Directory.

Thank You for your kind words.

Regards,

Guest kavi

hi

Thanks for the share useful information.

good luck

======================================

This member stands banned for spamming in signature

dinesh1178

Dear Kushal Sir,

I tried but could not able to upload my RTI application. So I am pasting it here so others can view and get benefit out of it. I have removed my personla information just for security reasons.

To,

The CPIO,

CIT-1, Pune,

AAYKAR BHAWAN,

12, SADHU VASWANI CHOWK,

PUNE - 411001.

APPLICATION UNDER RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005

Name of Applicant: Dinesh Kumar Gupta

Present Address:

Mobile No.:

Email ID:

PAN No.:

Assessment Year: 2007-08

PARTICULARS OF INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

1. Please provide the status of the refund claim for assessment year 2007-08. (Copy attached)

2. If the refund order has been sent, please provide the following information

. Date of posting

. Registration number of the post

. Cheque number and payable at which bank

. Amount of the cheque

3. If the refund order has not been sent till date, by what date can I expect my refund to be given?

4. Please find enclosed herewith Indian Postal Order, having value of Rs 10.00, No......................................................... Dated................... towards payment of application fee for this application.

PLACE : Pune (Dinesh Kumar Gupta)

Enclosed:

1. Indian Postal Order – Rs. 10.00

2. Acknowledge copy of IT return for assessment year 2007-08