ratnakant22

RTI for Questions on Public Toilets

Question

ratnakant22

I need to file RTI query on 'Public Toilet in Municipal Corporation Area'. Could you help me in question to be asked for effective reply or action. Some Q in my mind are...

1. What are the no. of Corporation run Public Toilets and Urinals?

2. What is the ration of 'Public Toilets per population' in Corporation limits (City and Rural)?

3. How is the quality of services offered is monitored in corporation run public toilets?

4. Is physically chanllenged persons are accommodated in current public toilets? if not, what is the plan?

5. Is there public toilets set up in newly developed areas?

6. What is the roadmap for public toilet in future development?

Any other can you suggest....

1 answer to this question

karira

You need to redraft your queries:

1. The number of public toilets run by the Corporation and their locations

2. The number of public toilets run by private parties which are authorised by the corporation and their locations

3. Ratio will not be calculated by PIO....you have to calculate your self after getting information on point nr. 1 and 2 above

4. Copy of rules, regulations, office orders circulars or any other document which specifies the method for ensuring quality of services and cleanliness in these public toilets

5. Number of public toilets run by corporation or authorised private parties which have access for the physically challenged persons and their locations

Your queries 5 and 6 are hypothetical and ask for information to be "created". Under RTI you can only get existing information.

Read some of the threads in the following search results:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=public+toilets+site%3Awww.rtiindia.org&sugexp=chrome,mod=9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You will get some more ideas to frame your queries.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• chanda_s
      By chanda_s
      as a part of my job i keep records of land.
      a person asks me under rti to provide information on a particular piece of land. teh information asked includes 'ownership details of the land' and property extract of the land'. on this very same piece of land there is a title suit pending in high court questioning the right of the government on the land.

do i need to provide the information? iam worried that the information could be used against the interests of the govt.

further iam asked to provide extract of the land record which otherwise would cost rs. 100 to provide. that is the charge the office collects from anybody who asks for extract of a property. now, in case i have to provide the information, can i ask the person to deposit the amount of rs 100 to provide the info?
    • avinash
      By avinash
      Hi,

While RTI is a powerful tool, it has also been misused by people on several occasions. The most common thing is to flood the organisation with useless queries. A classic example can be seen in CIC/OK/A/2006/00268-272 dated 29th December 2006 - decision of CIC - where an applicant has asked for tons and tons of information from the railways. For example, a) all records related to allocation of different services, all records regarding selected candidates of engineering services, c) all records related to regulation of railway staff... etc. According to the Commission, even a casual look ... would make it clear that the information asked for is frivolous and even bordering on the absurd".

I have a related question. Suppose an information is easily available from the official source; but the applicant does not want to obtain that information from that source. Can he/she ask for the same information under RTI? Here is an example. Applicant asks for information about the names and designations of all of officials of a certain department in a government body inspite of that fact that she is actually working in that department which consists of just 17 people for the past 12 years. Is the office bound to reply to the query? Most important, is there a CIC decision on this matter?

Thanks

Avinash Kapadia

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy