News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jps50

Penalty imposed and recovered by cic

jps50

One of my friends has been informed by Nodal CPIO of Central Information Commission vide his letter No. CIC/CPIO/2012/1128 dated 04-10-2012 as under:

“The total amount of penalty imposed since 2007-2008 onwards is Rs.15804275/- out of this Rs.9216264/- has been recovered so far. The Commission does not maintain year-wise data in this regards. In certain cases, the PIOs have preferred writ for waiver and stay of penalty amount. Although in some cases, the Commission has been made a party but there are many instances where the Commission is not made a party. The figures regarding recovery of penalty is based on inputs received from the PIOs and Pay & Accounts Office.”

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble members-1/2th of total penalty imposed by central information commission on erring PIOs could be recovered approximately ie Rs.9216264/-out of Rs.15804275/- This figure will be admissible to common man if if the list of erring PIOs must be published on the website of CIC along with the penalty recovered and year and date on which penalty imposed and recovered. U.P.S.I.C. imposes penalty but never recover it as it sends the letter of recovery through ordinary post which is not entertained by district administration.

vadodarainfoline

No info about RTI penalties,says CIC Information ... Out of penalties worth Rs 1,00,000 imposed during this period,Rs 78,750 were recovered.

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon,ble Sir- This is most precarious situation which is directed towards aristocracy. How much surprising Transparency panel is not performing its function transparently.

sharadphadke

In one of my RTI I had asked Bank of India that how many PIO's were penalised? The first answer was non of our PIO is panalised. In appeal when I showed the CIC order answer by AA was this information falls under section 8 and can not be given.

This shows the attitude of PA and their staff for recovery of fine.

During my visit to CIC, I asked Dy. Registrar of Chief CIC about penalty. I was told the register is maintained by us about the fine and recovery and we are asking the concerned PA for the recovery and we have up to date record.

We can see what record CIC is having.

Finally one babu will save other babu. The most of the PIO's are now retired and hence CIC should write off this amount as bad debtors as time limit to any Financial case is 3 years !!!

Yogi M. P. Singh

Hon'ble members- How much unqualified persons have been given the responsibility to perform duty concerned with the implementation of direction/orders passed by concern constitutional bodies . I don't think that any provision under under section 8 & 9 of Right to Information Act 2005 exempts disclosure of such information. Here sought information is concerned with the implementation of penalty imposed by commission so to ensure transparency in the function of transparency panel and in order to restore credibility of commission in public domain , they should gladly provide such informations.

skmishra1970
One of my friends has been informed by Nodal CPIO of Central Information Commission vide his letter No. CIC/CPIO/2012/1128 dated 04-10-2012 as under:

“The total amount of penalty imposed since 2007-2008 onwards is Rs.15804275/- out of this Rs.9216264/- has been recovered so far. The Commission does not maintain year-wise data in this regards. In certain cases, the PIOs have preferred writ for waiver and stay of penalty amount. Although in some cases, the Commission has been made a party but there are many instances where the Commission is not made a party. The figures regarding recovery of penalty is based on inputs received from the PIOs and Pay & Accounts Office.”

Sir Can you please upload here copy of that letter so that we may show it to NCDRC on 4-8-2014 about the recovery of penalty and in view of above slow recovery of penalty what I expect for the recovery of Compensation awarded to RTI Applicant for his losses suffered.

karira
Sir Can you please upload here copy of that letter so that we may show it to NCDRC on 4-8-2014 about the recovery of penalty and in view of above slow recovery of penalty what I expect for the recovery of Compensation awarded to RTI Applicant for his losses suffered.

This is a very old thread.

For the latest position, please read:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/122451-penalty-frauds-cic-penalty-70-lakhs-still.html