nareshnaik

Need to extract hospital record

Question

nareshnaik

Hi, I am facing a false 498a where it was falsely claimed in the fir that my wife spent a day due to harassment in order to treat her blood pressure, sugar level etc. The hospital in question is a government one.

Is it possible to get these records ? If so, how do i frame the query... i mean is there a template for getting hospital records of the said patient ?

Furthermore, if i make this enquiry will my wife get notified. I am 100% sure that there was no such treatment and if anything they have managed to get some false bills/note from a nurse or someone.

I really want to make a pointed query and leave no lose threads. any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone can send me contact details of a person(s) who frame queries for reasonable amount then even better.

5 answers to this question

jetley

It will be best if you can frame your queries and post it here for correction.

It will be best to include a query on date and time of admission/consultation and registration number of the patient on the given date. If no case by that name is registered, you are likely to get the nil information reply.

However, if information does exist, ordinarily treatment records of patients cannot be provided to you (unless they are your own records or you are the next in kin of a deceased patient). If you seek details of ilness/injuries and treatment, the patient is most likely to be notified by the PIO and her objections to revelation of the information to you, are likely to be sought, and yet you are unlikely to be given the information on grounds of it being the patient's private information.

However, there is a way. no information is exempt if a larger public interest in its revelation can be established. If you can attach documents and mention details to prima facie establish the malafide and larger public interest in its revelation, the PIO or first appellate authority may decide to supply the information to you.

snkmoorthy

details of treatment cannot be obtained but you can ask whether a person of such and such name age sex was admitted in the hospital on such and such date. details of treatment would require the permission of the patient

jps50

Even without RTI, since still you are husband, you can get details of admission/discharge, disease, treatment etc by making application to hospital and hospital is bound to supply this information in routine manner to patient or his/her near relatives. You may try this and if you fail you may use RTI by referring:

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Please make a note in RTI application that you are husband of the patient whose information is being sought. There is possibility that hospital may issue notice to your wife u/s 11 of RTI Act.

You can also request Court to order Hospital to produce medical records in the court.

snkmoorthy

the husband of the patient does not get an automatic right of access to the patient's record if the patient [wife] objects to it. a reference may have to be made to her for disclosure. if the patient has passed away or otherwise incapaciated and unable to take care of herself, then perhaps, as the next of kin husband becomes eligible for informationl

karira

If it is a false fact in the FIR, bring it to the notice of the court and let the court ask the police to investigate and produce the medical records.