Alina

Need help in framing question to AIU and IISc regarding CMJ university

Question

Alina

Hello every one,

I have done PhD in computer science from CMJ UNIVERSITY, Meghalaya. I am in Karnataka where most of the colleges are under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. VTU in my case says that "The degrees awarded by member universities of Association of Indian Universities (AIU), new delhi are recognized on reciprocal basis, If the universities and their degrees are recognized by competent authorities". Although CMJ UNIVERSITY, Meghalaya is recognized by UGC but since it is not a member of AIU it is not recognized by VTU !!!. Now my friends I am really confused.

1) Who should recognize our degree (PhD or other) ?? Is it UGC or AIU. ?

2) If both, then why there are two bodies. (both are making money from this?)

3) Who has given right for AIU to make universities as its members...and by merely getting membership of AIU will a university is recognized ??

To clarify my doubts I am filing an RTI to AIU and also to IISC, bangalore (to see what is its openion in this regard)

The RTI need to have good questions which will resolve this issue and give me correct information.

In this regard I NEED YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS.

I have framed the questions. But not so happy with it. Before filing the RTI, I would like to seek your VALUABLE openions and CORRECTIONS.

Please help me/ correct me in my questionnaire. You may add additional questions which will target this issue.

The questions writtern by me are as under: (How to file an RTI I already know, don't bother about it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR AIU

1) If a university is recognized by UGC but not a member of AIU, then it is not valid university according to AIU?

2) If a university is member of AIU but not recognized by UGC is it valid university as per AIU?

3) Provide me the document which gives right to AIU as to take decision as whether a university is valid or not.

4) Provide me the document which gives right to AIU as to take decision to make a university as its member. (On what basis a university is made as a member of AIU?)

5) Does AIU invite a university to become a member of itself or AIU will take decision and make the university as its member?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IISc, Bangalore

1) Does IISC approached AIU to enroll itself (iisc) as a member to AIU? If so provide the document of approach/request.

2) Does IISC recognize the PhD degree in computer science awarded by CMJ UNIVERSITY MEGHALAYA?

3) If IISc does not recognize the PhD degree in computer science awarded by CMJ university meghalaya then please provide me the base for decision not to recognise this PhD degree.

4)Does IISc will only recognize the degrees recognized by member universities of AIU?

I know that WE CAN'T ask questions and NEED to ask information only. But how to make these questions as documents needed?????

Please please help me. Early help please.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

20 answers to this question

Alina

Thank you vinayakj. But I am unable to frame question beyond this point. Plz some one will help me by actually framing the questions?

sharmajee

Dear Alina,

There is no blanket norm that u canot ask questions in RTI.

I suggest following:

All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was set-up ……… on technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner…………….

The Government of India (Ministry of Human Resource Development) also constituted a National Working Group to look into the role of AICTE in the context of proliferation of technical institutions, maintenance of standards and other related matters. ……..

Pursuant to the above recommendations of the National Working Group, the AICTE Bill was introduced in both the Houses of Parliament and passed as the AICTE Act No. 52 of 1987…….with a view to proper planning and coordinated development of technical education system throughout the country, the promotion of qualitative improvement of such education in relation to planned quantitative growth and the regulation and proper maintenance of norms and standards in the technical education system and for matters connected therewith.

Three new Regional Committees in southwest, central and northwest regions with their secretariats located at Bangalore, Bhopal and Chandigarh respectively were also established on July 27, 1994.

Pl visit this link:

AICTE

For knowing approved list, visit: AICTE

1. In my view you need to file RTI with AICTE, delhi and its office at Bangalore seeking status of approval/ recognition of CMJ university for conducting …….. XYZ courses (list courses done by you and few more).

And

Kindly inform guidelines, parameters , rules regulations by which any university or its courses (regular and distant education) conducted byany University , can be ascertained to be valid, recognized, lawful by AICTE/ govt.

and

Legal status ofAIU (write full name and address) and its objectives / domain of work? Is it a lawful body, as per AICTE norms to decide which University or its courses are recognized or otherwise ?

2. File RTI to PIO of AIU seeking aims, objectives of its existence.

Seek itsmemorandum of incorporation (you may find this on its website too).

Kindly provide guidelines, parameters , rules regulations by whichany university or courses (regular and distant education) conducted by any University , can be ascertained to be valid, recognized, lawful by AIU.

List of members of AIU and obligation/ duties of its each member towards AIU and its fellow members.

List of office bearers of AIU and theirrole and responsibility as per its constitution document.

3. File an RTI to VTU seeking:

By which legal mandate, this VTU has come in force/ existence, with names of itsgoverning body.

Namesof appropriate govt body, board,education regulator by which this University and its courses has been lawfully recognized, validated, approved.

Name of appropriate govt education regulator to which VTU isanswerable who keeps checks and balances on the working of VTU.

Certified copies of rules, policy, norms of VTU specifyinghow it will decide recognition, validation, accreditation of other Universities and their different courses and degrees.

As per your policy, norms do your institutionsubscribe to : "The degrees awarded by member universities of Association of Indian Universities (AIU), new delhi are recognized on reciprocal basis, If the universities and their degrees are recognized by competent authorities".

(I hope VTUis making this claim on their website or in written)

4. Beside filing RTI, Send a legal notice to CMJ, Karnataka, seeking details of accreditation, recognition of its courses particularly ( including your courses)/ degrees, by all appropriate govt authorities , AICTE, UGC and any other body if any.

karira

The matter regarding AIU being a public authority or not is still in Court.

jps50

You may reword like:

For AIU:

1. Please provide me certified copies of record indicating that Universities recognized by UGC but not member of AIU, are not recognised by AIU as valid University.

2. Please provide me certified copy of rules where it is provided that Universities not recognized by UGC can also be member of AIU.

3. It is OK

4. and 5. Please provide me certified copy of updated rules and procedure by which AIU grants membership to Universities.

FOR IISC:

1. Please provide me certified copy of application and subsequent correspondence with AIU for obtaining its membership.

2. Please provide me certified copy of record which indicates that Ph D degree in computer science of CMJ University, Meghalaya is recognised by IISC.

3. If Ph D degree in computer science of CMJ University Meghalaya is not recognized by IISC, then provide me reasons on record [section 4.1.d] for such decision.

4. Please provide me certified copy of record which provides that IISC recognizes only those Universities which are members of AIU.

Please also refer:

Central Govt. application:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Word Limit: Since there is limit of 500 total words [excluding both addresses and annexures] for Central Govt information, you may submit more than one application to cover all the queries and mail in one envelope

If there is no stay order in court case [writ] against decision of CIC, then AIU has to provide information under RTI based on decision of CIC.

Alina

Dear SHARMAJEE,

I am very much thankful to you for providing me your kind guidance.

One point I would like mention here that before this once I filed an RTI to AICTE. And I got the answer that AICTE is only looking for technical education in bachelors level and masters level. For research (i.e PhD) AICTE simply follow the UGC rules (!!!). It doesn't have any opinion or rule of its own. Please look at the answer it has given to me.

"The universities recognized by UGC are recognized by AICTE"

So in my opinion it is waste to ask AICTE about this issue....that's why I planned to go for AIU and IISC, bangalore.

In your answer I didn't understood the following lines (and their purpose)

1) List of members of AIU and obligation/ duties of its each member towards AIU and its fellow members.

2) List of office bearers of AIU and theirrole and responsibility as per its constitution document.

3) By which legal mandate, this VTU has come in force/ existence, with names of its governing body.

4) Names of appropriate govt body, board, education regulator by which this University and its courses has been lawfully recognized, validated, approved.

5) Name of appropriate govt education regulator to which VTU is answerable who keeps checks and balances on the working of VTU.

could you please tell me what this will lead to?

Other points definitely I will include. Once again I would like to thank you for sparing your time to my problem.

Alina

Dear jps50,

Thank you very much for helping me in framing the questions. Its very kind of you.

sharmajee

Alina,

You have the answer than. Seek the same information from UGC.

Regarding point 1,2,3 if any lawful body is created than role of people running it has to be documented as per mandate of law under which it has been formed. Otherwise its a defunct, unrecognized body which any Tom, Dick or Herry may give any name but it doesn't have any lawful authority to back its action.

I think point 4, 5 are self explanatory. We want to know who validates/ recognises its courses and its other endeavours. I wish to know you are recognizing my degree in what capacity/ authority, and who validates yours.....

Dr V S Prasanna Rajan

The Association of Indian Universities is a public authority as held by the Delhi High Court in Writ Petition ( Civil ) 10771/2006. Hence RTI can be filed with Association of Indian Universities.

Rajan

• Like 2

rinkypinky

Hi Alina,

You have done great work. Can you share this copy of RTI with me ? i was searching for this. As per my knowledge, AIU is association, all govt universities by default come under AIU and private universities has to pay some fee to get AIU membership

KADRI ZIYA

Hello Alina

Your's problem is very serious ,on one side Govt of India motivating working persons to get higher degree like M.Tech or Ph.D on the other side if we have complete our's degree through UGC Recognised Universities than ,number of cross examination started like your's degree is not AICTE /AIU /DEC Approval .....and so on it means that we have made a blunder mistake to take a Higher Education. Every body know the "Quality of Nation is Assess by the Quality of their citizen,and Quality of citizen is assess by their Quality of their Education" ,How our's Nation can grow with out education? Sir go ahead More qualification more option you have. sir your's degree is valid ,because UGC is apex body in our's educational system

M.Z KADRI

M.Tech by Research Industrial Engg

Government. Industrial Training Institute Washim M.S

KADRI ZIYA

Dear All

The degree awarded by CCII CMJ University Apex Bangalore is valid for Govt job or not?

KADRI ZIYA

Dear

The Ph.D Awarded by CMJ University is valid by AICTE

Alina

Hello every one,

I got the anwer from IISc and got disappointed by the reply.

I got the reply for the only question as under:

Q> Please provide certified copy of record which indicates that PhD degree in computer science of CMJ University, is recognized by IISc.

Ans: Institute recognizes all the degrees awarded by the Universities/Institutions, which are recognized by UGC.

But for all the questions (see above) I got answer as followes:

Q> 1. Please provide me certified copy of application and subsequent correspondence with Association of Indian Universities (AIU), 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg), New Delhi for obtaining AIU’s membership.

Ans: Not available

Q>4. Please provide me certified copy of record which provides that IISC, bangalore recognizes only those Universities which are members of AIU.

Ans: Not applicable

Q> 5. Is IISC, Bangalore approached/requested AIU to get the AIU’s membership?

Q> 6. Full name and postal address of appropriate govt. education regulator to which AIU is answerable, who keeps checks and balances on the working of IISC.

Now please guide me as what I need do further? keep quite? or file and First appeal....if to file an first appeal what should I ask.

Thanks for your support

jps50

You need to file first appeal for not available information. If FAA upholds reply of PIO that means it is doubly confirmed that IISC does not have this record. You can pray for a notarised affidavit by PIO in second appeal.

ranjan1

alternatively rephrase and ask for reasons under Section 4(1)(d) of rti act

Alina

Hi jps50,

Thank you very much for your speedy response.

I dint understood the following in your answer

"You can pray for a notarised affidavit by PIO in second appeal. "

Please tell me in detail what this is and how to do that..Please describe in detail so that I can understand what I need to do and what is the use.

Thank you once again for replying and helping me.

ranjan1

notarised affidavit is solemn affirmation by cpio of either records are not in existence or what ever records are given are the only ones which are in office -- normally in CIC it is practice of few IC to order for filing affidavit by pa where there are NO records hence notarised affidavit

sredran

This is related to a private university. In UGC website they have displayed

“The Principal Secretary to the Governor of Meghalaya vide letter No. GSMG/CMJU/82/2009/Vol.II/493 dated 12.06.2013 has informed that His Excellency the Governor of Meghalaya has recommended to the State Government of Meghalaya for dissolution of CMJ University in terms of Section 48 of the CMJ University Act,2009”

And all the admission and completed degree withdrawed. Considering the fact how can i file an RTI.

ranjan1

you can file RTI with governor to know how this decision was arrived at

and get all certified copies of records on this