News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Harshal Ramteke

How to Complain against Registrar of CoOperative societies

Question

Harshal Ramteke

Dear sir,

we have registred a society in 1993

in 2005 Registrar of Co Operative societies sold. changed the name of Society and handed over to some oher person who is not having any concern with us not even we know him. members of new changed name society are diffrent, society registration number is same.

i asked information one month ago under RTI, no response yet received.

second time I sent RTI application, yet no response.

I also sent a complaint to Registrar regarding reason & procedure done for changing the name of our society.

No response received yet.

tell me any suggestion, our money is in bank and registrar trying to take over the society due to some complaints of misgruntled elements

5 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

It seems to be a case superceding the elected body and appointment of an Administrator by the Registrar of Co-Op Societies, which is well within the framework of Maharashtra Co_operative Societies Act. It is better to consult a good lawyer practicing in Co_op matters and get his advice.

sharmajee

Even if administrator had been appointed than Registrar has to take charge from old office bearers. It cannot be done clandestinely.

One may seek legal state of ......society, regd no. ...... list of office bearers in the year....(past) and.... today. Inspect the records...

RAVEENA_O

The Administrator so appointed is a Gazetted Officer of the Co-Op Department only. He takes over the charge including the inventory. Such action is taken when there are non-compliance of the statutory provisions and/or complaints of severe irregularities. There is legal remedy under the Co-Op Societies Act. The entire procedure adopted by Co-Op Dept is open for inspection under RTI.

Yogi M. P. Singh
Dear sir,

we have registred a society in 1993

in 2005 Registrar of Co Operative societies sold. changed the name of Society and handed over to some oher person who is not having any concern with us not even we know him. members of new changed name society are diffrent, society registration number is same.

i asked information one month ago under RTI, no response yet received.

second time I sent RTI application, yet no response.

I also sent a complaint to Registrar regarding reason & procedure done for changing the name of our society.

No response received yet.

tell me any suggestion, our money is in bank and registrar trying to take over the society due to some complaints of misgruntled elements

Hon'ble member- Section7(2). If the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, fails to give decision on the request for information within the period specified under sub-section (1), the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall be deemed to have refused the request. Hon'ble member -They will take the charge from you in accordance with the law. If some thing unlawful ,then take proper remedy by making representation before appropriate authority. File first appeal under subsection 1 of section 19 of Right to Information Act 2005.