News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Satish Gupta

Committee on Implementation of RTI

Satish Gupta

As I understand there is Standing Committee on Implementation of RTI. They are asking for comments from public about the ways to improve function of RTI. The comments have to be submitted before December 15, 2008.

I am wondering if this group should write a joint letter signed by its members, with the suggestions. There has already been so much discussion here on this subject. Maybe we can put together one letter with only a few most needed improvements. The letter could be signed by all those members, who wish to do so. It will get more attention then if we all write individually.

Satish Gupta

vijendra singh

Will some gentleman give us the address ; email ; content to send to the committee. Who constituted this committee; & for what? pl give full details. RTI activists as well as citizens can be benefitted by this in big way . All must express their views.

sidmis

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

Thank you Sidharth ji for this useful information. I congratulate you in advance for the necessary amendments RTI is expected to get.

vijendra singh

But date by which we have to send suggestions is not written in the ad.

sidmis
But date by which we have to send suggestions is not written in the ad.

30 days from the date of publication of this advt. i.e. 23rd Dec 2008.

karira

Members,

Please beware of this Dr.E.M. Sudarsana Natchiappan !

He is habituated to ask for suggestions/recommendations/opinions/advice on various matters and then not do anything about it.

The same gentleman asked for the SAME set of recommendations/opinions/views on the same subject of RTI in January 2008.

What happened to those suggestions ? What did he do about them till now ? From the above advertisement, it is clear that nothing was done about the first set in January.

Why is he repeating the whole exercise again ?

Just search on this forum itself for "natchiappan" and you will get a host of threads on his "ideas" and "recommendations". None of them have ever seen the light of the day.

Members can also visit the website of the Indian Parliament. Under the "Standing Committees" section, they can see for themselves what are all the recommendations made by various committees in the last 4 years and check for themselves how many of those recommendations have been actually implemented.

sidmis
We can e-mail him this link: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Apart from that an RTI application can be filed to know what action the committee has taken so far on the suggestions it has received from the public and details of expenditure incurred in all these far***l excercise. The application could be rejected though.

Atul Patankar

Is formation of such committee mandatory? At what levels? Were the suggestions received earlier tabled by such committee for Lok Sabha Rajya Sabha Members? Are minutes of the meeting of this committee availabe? Prc-actively - on net?

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

I honour Mr. Karia's experiences in this regard and request him to guide the members as what should they do in particular, to this thread.

karira

Last time I sent a 16 page pdf document in response to the request. Did not even get a acknowledgement in return. Last month, while doing "Diwali" cleaning of my "Hard Disk" I just deleted the whole thing. That is why I sound so annoyed and frustrated.

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

Thank you Mr. Karira for quick reply. Your views are genuine and useful.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy