yogeshahir

RTI for Inclusion of name in Ration Card and Voter Card

Question

yogeshahir

Dear Members,

I want to frame RTI application(s) for two issues -

What is the current rule (if any) as per Haryana Ration Card (PDS) system which does not allow defence personnel for inclusion of their name in ration cards.

What is the current rule (if any) as per State Election Commission, Haryana which does not allow defence personnel for inclusion of their name in voter list.

Now my concern is which authority shall be appropriate for getting this information-

Authorities from Haryana govt i.e. Food Supply department and sate election commission or

Do we have a joint armed force office which deals in to such matter and can provide me the information about any ruling, act etc being passed in this regard.

Thanks,

Yogesh

3 answers to this question

dr.s.malhotra

If it is only the Information you are looking for then you have to file RTI Applications with PIO , O/o State Food and Civil Supplies Deptt , AND the PIO , O/o Election Commission of India .

If you feel any law is unconstitutional , then High Court and SC are the fora to address the issue .

yogeshahir

Thanks Dr Malhotra.

I shall be looking forward to know if someone had already filed and got judgment in similar kind of RTI application. Otherwise as suggested will send application to Food Supply and Election commission.

Thanks,

Yogesh