News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
mgowrisankar

Reg. Education Loan Issues

Question

mgowrisankar

Hi,

We are trying to get educational loan for who studying B.E. in one of the engineering college in Namakkal, Tamil nadu. We approached serveral banks and all of them redirecting us to others..I mean simply skipping..

Now we have registered in SBI online application and with that document approached the branch. Here also same case as others..

Now we would like to know that how to proceed to get success on this issue.

Please advice us, your suggesstions are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Gowri

13 answers to this question

karira

Gowri,

This portal is for exclusively discussing issues related to RTI Act 2005.

For help and guidance in other matters you can try our sister website http://www.bighelpers.org

ambrish.p

Gowri ji

Welcome to RTI India - Complete Online Community Portal for Right to Information

Please see this thread, it ll be of use to you:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/7739-right-information-educational-loan.html

Possibly this info will be of good help to you

Revert back if you still have any doubts, members will definately help you out .

regards

sandeepbaheti

Just for your information, Educational loan is to be treated as priority sector loan by all banks. They cannot refuse it unless they give reasons in writing. Just get a form somehow and submit it to the bank. They cannot ask for any collateral securuty if amount of loan is upto 7.5 lakhs.

They cannot refuse your application unless they give valid reasons in writing.

• Thanks 1

sivak64

Gowri,

It is better to obtain the reason for refusal by making a written request by registered post. And thereafter, we may have the rights to approach them under RTI Act, in case of non receipt of any reply.

Sunaina2008

Which Act states this or from where can i get this information in writing to show to Public Bank Officers in case of need? Plz reply ASAP...

ganpat1956

Sanctioning of any type of loan is the prerogative of the individual bank subject to the guidelines of the Govt & RBI. Unless you state clearly what exactly is it that you want show to a PSU bank, it is not possible to answer your query.

Sunaina2008

one of my friend wants to get Education Loan from Bank of Baroda for studies in abroad after graduation. He is good in academics and has all the documents prepared to get the loan sanctioned. However, the concerned person is not responding well. I want to know the Act that states that no bank can refuse to sanction the education loan without any valid reason in written. Thanks

• Thanks 1

ganpat1956

For any sanction/refusal/rejection of a loan, the sanctioning authority has to get a note prepared and sign it duly. These are only internal guidelines and no specific Act is available for this.

If the branch incharge is not responding properly, your friend can raise an RTI application with the PIO of the concerned region of the bank and seek the reasons for the non-sanction of his loan application.

• Thanks 1

RAVEENA_O
one of my friend wants to get Education Loan from Bank of Baroda for studies in abroad after graduation. He is good in academics and has all the documents prepared to get the loan sanctioned. However, the concerned person is not responding well. I want to know the Act that states that no bank can refuse to sanction the education loan without any valid reason in written. Thanks

Please file an RTI Application with the PIO of the Regional Office of the Bank in Question and seek :

(1) Certified copy of Rules and procedures for sanctioning Education Loan for students pursuing studies in India as applicable at present

(2) Statement showing Education Loan disbursed by ..... Bank in ...... Region from 1/4/08 to 31/3/09 and from 1/4/09 to (date of your application).

(3) Certified copy of latest instructions, if any, for stopping & withholding applications of Education Loan applied by Students and pending for processing.

RAVEENA_O

You must apply to the PIO by paying proper application fee of Rs.10/-

For further guidance please read - RTI Guide

jps50

May I request perusal of my jps50 blog on http://www.bighelpers.org wherein I have given step by step action to be taken to resolve problem with the bank.

indraarun

want to get information about education loan given by my nearest Indian bank branch last year . please help me. where can i meet public information officers and submit my application in my town?

state : tamilnadu

district : nagapattinam