Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

RTI to ask the progress on an FIR launched.



Friends ,


i need to know if i can use the RTI to get information on the progress the police has made on the FIR launched for the snatching the purse of my wife in Noida , UP ( Gautam Nagar Police Station).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

yes you can use RTI for the purpose . In fact RTI is an excellent tool in such a case .

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

File RTI application through spouse only -


ask for following


true copy of FIR

Name and designation of officer appointed /allocated for investigation

progress of investigation

number of FIR's registered with this police station on snatching of purse along with dates

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I have been falsely implicated in a case by police for removing illegal banners. They  have remanded me under Sec506(II) Attempt to murder on complaint from ruling party men. Though the FIR is available online I want copy of  other documents like complaint letter, confession letter in which they have forcibly made me sign. I also want the CCTV footage of the police station at that particular date and time. 
      I have already filed RTI in this regard and have had the information denied under Article 8 1 (h) saying the case is  under investigation. Is this correct? Will First appeal be of any help?
    • karira
      By karira
      Police not bound to register FIR: SC Pioneer News Service | New Delhi

      The Supreme Court in a recent judgment has said that the police was not bound to register a First Information Report if it thinks appropriate to first conduct a preliminary inquiry.


      Though the intention of the court was to screen out frivolous complaints borne out of vested interests, the recent decision seeks to upturn the law previously laid down by the apex court by which the police had to oblige every complaint. 


      The Bench of Justices SB Sinha and HS Bedi said, "Although the officer in-charge of a police station is legally bound to register an FIR... the same by itself however does not take away the right of the competent officer to make a preliminary inquiry, in a given case, in order to find out as to whether the FIR sought to be lodged had any substance or not." 


      The court was referring to the facts of a case where one Rajinder Singh Katoch had approached the Supreme Court challenging the order by the High Court of Punjab and Haryana refusing to direct the police to lodge an FIR. 


      Katoch had complained to the Chandigarh Police seeking registration of a criminal case against his brother for wrongfully restraining his entry into a joint property left by their father. He stayed in the house in 2001 but on his return after a brief visit to Delhi a year later he was refused entry and to take possession of his belongings. 


      The Bench held, "the SP himself has, pursuant to the directions issued by the HC, investigated into the matter and visited the spot in order to find out the truth ... It was found that the complaint was false and had been filed with an ulterior motive." 


      The Pioneer > Home


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy