News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
sparji

Air India: Airline Manifest

Question

sparji

If I were to ask for the list of passengers who travelled by a certain international flight along with their passport numbers, will the airline provide this information under RTI?

2 answers to this question

vinayakj

No - one should have strong reasons for that info

karira

It will be denied unless you can show "larger public interest" in the disclosure of that information.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      Recently I booked tickets on Air Deccan and Indigo for my mother.
      The tickets were booked on yatra.com and paid for by Credit Card.

The cost of the ticket was shown as "Passenger Fare" and "Taxes". The taxes are approximately Rs. 1725.00 for each ticket.

From experience, I know that these "Taxes" include Passenger Service Fee, Airport Tax, User Charges, Fuel Surcharge, Additional Fuel Surcharge, Security Charges, etc...."

Due to health reasons, my mother could not make the trip.
      While cancelling the tickets, BOTH the airlines deducted the "passenger fare" part of the cost (which is correct, since the tickets were clearly non-refundable). However, BOTH the airlines told me that for the "taxes" part, they will only issue a voucher that can be used by the same passenger within 180 days and on the same airline.

My thinking is that all these so called "taxes" become payable when a passenger actually travels. These "taxes" are collected by the airline, on behalf of the Government and to be paid to the Government when the passenger actually flies. They cannot collect taxes, not pay to the Government and moreover not refund to the passenger, but ask him to utilize this amount through a voucher which is non-transferable.

Some research showed me that both Air Deccan and Indigo owe the Government huge amounts in taxes which they have not paid and also owe large amounts to the Airports Authority of India (AAI) for parking fees, navigation fees etc, which also they have not paid and are long overdue.

I would like to know the following information through a RTI :

1. When do these "taxes" actually become due ?
      That means , when are the airlines actually supposed to pay to the Government or the appropriate authority ? Are they supposed to pay the Government within a stipulated time period of collecting the amount OR only after a passenger flies ?
      2. Can someone collect taxes on behalf of the Government , not pay the Government and then also not pay back the passenger ?
      3. What are the relevant rules under which, someone who collects money on behalf of the Government and misuses the funds, can be penalised ?
      4. How much do these airlines (and others too) owe the Govt. on "taxes" and AAI on other charges ?
      Since how long are these payments overdue ?
      What action has the Govt. or AAI taken against these airlines ?
      If no action, why not ?
      When will action be taken ?

Whom should I address my RTI application to ?

Ministry Of Finance, Ministry of Civil Aviation, DGCA or AAI ?

Can members please guide me.

I was told that these procedures are in place by most airlines since mid October. Members and guests should bear this aspect in mind before booking tickets and check with the airline before paying for a ticket.
    • vasu_m_r
      By vasu_m_r
      How does one go about finding the breakup of the taxes on our tickets ? I read somewhere that airlines charge it as tax and pocket the money. I would like to know how to find out more about it !

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy