soundswaste

Steps to get a duplicate RC book

Question

soundswaste

As done at RTO Office, Hosa Road, Bangalore

Step 1 : Get an affidavit on a Rs. 20 stamp paper, saying that the RC could not be found despite the police investigation. (Eg : Renuka Computers, Hosa Road, Bangalore)

Step 2 : Get an FIR at the police station nearest to where you lost it (Eg : Electronic City police station, Bangalore)

(Ideally, step 2 should come before step1 but the police prefers it this way because the affidavit removes their need to search for the RC).

Step 3 : Download, print and fill out form 26 from RTO website (eg: Transport Department)

Step 4 : Get xerox of (a) Vehicle's insurance paper (b) Emission test paper © Driving license

Step 5 : Get a postal envelope with a stamp worth Rs 15, total cost Rs. 25 (usually available near the RTO office itself). Write your postal address, phone and vehicle number on the envelope.

Step 6 : Pin all the papers above and get them signed from the Superintendent at RTO office.

Step 7 : Pay the fees for a duplicate RC at RTO cashier (Rs 235 for smart card). Pin the receipt with the 7 papers above.

Step 8 : Get the whole package signed from the PRO/RTO at the RTO office

Step 9 : Submit whole package at RTO office

Step 10 : Relax and wait for the RC to be delivered to your postal address.

10 answers to this question

s.panneerselvam

Rec . sir my vechlie royal enfiled model number 1972 book is lost in chenai sir how to get sir please inform me sir

shahidali

Thank you very much for the valuable information. Can you also please provide information to following questions?1. What will be the exact contents of the affidavit ?2. At the time of filing the police complaint, do I have to mention the date of registration of the vehicle ? (I do not remember the exact registration date).3. The insurance of my vehicle has expired long back and I didn't renew it on time. Will this be a problem at the time of requesting for duplicate RC book at the RTO ?Your response will be highly appreciated.

Prasad GLN

The copy of affidavit can be obtained either from your nearest jurisdictional Police station or from consultants sitting near RTA office (Printed format). You can inform registration No. and RTA will provide you the date of Registration on seeking the same. You have to to take III party insurance and agents are available near RTA office. So, a visit to RTA office solves several problems.

Lesson: Keep a xerox of all important documents in a separate file preferably in a locker.

shahidali

Thanks for sharing the information. Why is 3rd party insurance required ? Will it not be sufficient if I renew the existing insurance of my bike ?

Prasad GLN

If it is expired, without timely renewal,you have to start the entire process. You can opt for comprehensive insurance but it takes time while III party insurance can be done in minutes. In viewof urgency, the procedure was suggested. Please note that if the vehicle was purchased with financial assistance (Hire Purchase Agreement),no objection from financier/Banker as a must.In that case, it is the responsibility of FA to keep the insurance in force.

Potru

Sir my original c book was lost in Vijayawada how can i get it again can you give me some information about it

Prasad GLN

For simple and routine matters, make a visit to the office that issued original, get details from RTO by showing your photo identity, always carry photo identity and address proof copies, apply for duplicate in prescribed application and fees, and the C Book will be sent to your residential address by Speed post maximum within a month, with advance SMS on such speed post mailing, enabling you to collect when the cover comes.

aryanil89

Respected Sir,

I lost my RC book and my bike is in Bangalore with my friend. I stay outside of India.

Is there any way of duplicating it? as I can't file a police complain as I am outside. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

-Indranil

Prasad GLN

In India every thing is possible send proper forms duly signed by you and get it filed through your friend. If he can manage with a consultant, he can get personal delivery some how or other.

aryanil89

Thank you Sir, I will do that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• ganpat1956
      By ganpat1956
      Pune, September 22 * June 18, 2007. State Marketing Minister Harshvardhan Patil’s letter to the Regional Transport Office (RTO), Pune: “I recommend the number 100 be given to the Scorpio jeep of Ramesh Vishnupanth Khandve of Lohegaon.”

Such letters — from the offices of ministers, MPs and MLAs — keep pouring into the RTO office here. All with one-point agenda: allocation of fancy numbers to vehicles owned by their acquaintances.

On April 9, Avinash Sali, personal assistant to Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh wrote to the RTO, recommending that either 999 or 100 be given to the new car purchased by Navnath Bhau Vaswand. On September 13, it was the turn of Vinayak Parab, private resident secretary to the chief minister to write to the RTO seeking a similar favour for Sachin Bhalinge of Umaji Agritech.

Not to be left behind was State Forest Minister Babanrao Pachpute. In his letter dated April 18, 2007 has recommended 99, 999 or 9000 to Bhonsale Dnyaneshwar Narayan, a resident of Wagholi for his new Scorpio. The minister asked the RTO for allotment of 99 on top priority.

Among the prized registration numbers are 99, 100, 999, 007 and making recommendations are ministers MPs and MLAs, with offices of the CM also getting involved. The result: many of these numbers are never available to those willing to pay for it, but have no one to recommend their case.

Curiously, the RTO records of applicants for these fancy numbers are only those who back their case with VIP recommendations as found out by RTI activists Shahid Raza Burney and Kamlesh Memane. According to sources, these choice numbers command a price as high as Rs 50,000 as against the government-designated fee of Rs 10,000.

“There is a high degree of corruption in the allocation of choice numbers. The RTO authorities are not following the mandatory and stipulated rules; neither do they keep records of allocations made,” Burney said.

Papers relating to allotment and rejection of application for choice numbers were found missing from the records. Burney, who sought detailed inspection of the application forms of the allotted choice numbers from 2003 to 2007, was told they were missing.

When contacted, deputy RTO Amar Patil said: “We will correct the system after due consultations. A fool-proof system will be put in place soon for the allotment of choice numbers.”

According to Burney, Patil and assistant RTO Bhaskar Rao Gunjal were present during the inspection that found papers relating to the “choice numbers” missing from files. At that time, it was also found that choice numbers from two-wheeler series were allotted to four wheelers, Burney added.

The inspection also revealed that RTO officials had delegated the powers for allotment of choice number to stenographer and personal assistant to RTO Uttam Urankar in contravention of rules and regulations. Burney has written to Home Minister RR Patil demanding an inquiry into the going-ons at the Pune RTO.

Thus, for the likes of Fayyaz Ashpaque Qazi who has nobody `high-up` to recommend his case, there’s a reason to feel aggrieved. “Time and again Urankar has said that the number will be allotted when the series open. As of now more than 10 series have been opened and I have still not got the number,” Qazi said.

Meanwhile, the inspection revealed that despite a State Government notification making it mandatory for the RTO to regularly insert advertisements in newspapers about the availability of choice numbers, no such procedure was followed.

Look, what Minister told RTO: I recommend the number 100...
    • karira
      By karira
      Look, what Minister told RTO: I recommend the number 100...

Pune, September 22 * June 18, 2007. State Marketing Minister Harshvardhan Patil’s letter to the Regional Transport Office (RTO), Pune: “I recommend the number 100 be given to the Scorpio jeep of Ramesh Vishnupanth Khandve of Lohegaon.”

Such letters — from the offices of ministers, MPs and MLAs — keep pouring into the RTO office here. All with one-point agenda: allocation of fancy numbers to vehicles owned by their acquaintances.

On April 9, Avinash Sali, personal assistant to Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh wrote to the RTO, recommending that either 999 or 100 be given to the new car purchased by Navnath Bhau Vaswand. On September 13, it was the turn of Vinayak Parab, private resident secretary to the chief minister to write to the RTO seeking a similar favour for Sachin Bhalinge of Umaji Agritech.

Not to be left behind was State Forest Minister Babanrao Pachpute. In his letter dated April 18, 2007 has recommended 99, 999 or 9000 to Bhonsale Dnyaneshwar Narayan, a resident of Wagholi for his new Scorpio. The minister asked the RTO for allotment of 99 on top priority.

Among the prized registration numbers are 99, 100, 999, 007 and making recommendations are ministers MPs and MLAs, with offices of the CM also getting involved. The result: many of these numbers are never available to those willing to pay for it, but have no one to recommend their case.

Curiously, the RTO records of applicants for these fancy numbers are only those who back their case with VIP recommendations as found out by RTI activists Shahid Raza Burney and Kamlesh Memane. According to sources, these choice numbers command a price as high as Rs 50,000 as against the government-designated fee of Rs 10,000.

“There is a high degree of corruption in the allocation of choice numbers. The RTO authorities are not following the mandatory and stipulated rules; neither do they keep records of allocations made,” Burney said.

Papers relating to allotment and rejection of application for choice numbers were found missing from the records. Burney, who sought detailed inspection of the application forms of the allotted choice numbers from 2003 to 2007, was told they were missing.

When contacted, deputy RTO Amar Patil said: “We will correct the system after due consultations. A fool-proof system will be put in place soon for the allotment of choice numbers.”

According to Burney, Patil and assistant RTO Bhaskar Rao Gunjal were present during the inspection that found papers relating to the “choice numbers” missing from files. At that time, it was also found that choice numbers from two-wheeler series were allotted to four wheelers, Burney added.

The inspection also revealed that RTO officials had delegated the powers for allotment of choice number to stenographer and personal assistant to RTO Uttam Urankar in contravention of rules and regulations. Burney has written to Home Minister RR Patil demanding an inquiry into the going-ons at the Pune RTO.

Thus, for the likes of Fayyaz Ashpaque Qazi who has nobody `high-up` to recommend his case, there’s a reason to feel aggrieved. “Time and again Urankar has said that the number will be allotted when the series open. As of now more than 10 series have been opened and I have still not got the number,” Qazi said.

Meanwhile, the inspection revealed that despite a State Government notification making it mandatory for the RTO to regularly insert advertisements in newspapers about the availability of choice numbers, no such procedure was followed.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Look-what-Minister-told-RTO-I-recommend-the-number-100/220105/

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy