News Ticker
godvelan

RTI to find out Welfare Schemes of TamilNadu

Question

godvelan

Hi,

Tamilnadu govt announced welfare schemes for the year 2012-13 for Adi-dravidar people http://www.tn.gov.in/citizen/adtw.pdf

In that section 2.1 states that Adidravidars/tribes/converted christians are exempted from payment of Tution Fees. But students are asked to pay their tution fess in colleges, when asked to HM/principal they reply as if there are no communication to them even when the copy is shown and they cannot do anything unless they get some formal communication.

When the problem is raised with some personnel in collector's office they said "NO fund is been allocated, so we cannot do anything".

If an announced scheme doesn't exists they why it is there in the books of records of Tamilnadu government?

2 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Member

You may file RTI application with the concerned department seeking copies of official documents pronouncing the guidelines referred in 2.1 of CITIZEN CHARTER and details of all the steps ensured for the compliance. RTI application will be as per state RTI rules.

For State RTI Rules , for locating PIO , writing RTI Appl and for submitting RTI Appl see this link :

Guide

FOR help in framing technically correct RTI application (read the attachment/s in the post), please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/94205-rti-help-can-we-ask-attestation-documents-provided-govt-office.html#post231006

regards

Sunil Ahya

You may file a RTI application with the Public Information Officer of "Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department" of Tamil Nadu, seeking:

(a) Photocopy of documents wherein has been noted, the compliance report of various welfare schemes announced by the Govt.,

(b) Photocopy of documents wherein has been noted, the procedure for action suggested by the Govt in cases where there is a refusal to comply (non-compliance) of any Govt. schemes by any of the Authorities within the State.

© similarly .....

For details of PIOs of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department, please click on the following link:

> You may also file a complain with the appropriate department of the Tamil Nadu Govt. by referring to the following link:

> Keep (preserve) the details / particulars of the complain, wait for a couple of weeks, and then file a RTI application with the Public Information Officer (PIO) of the Public (Govt.) Authority where you had filed the complain earlier, for seeking documents pertaining to action taken on your complain dated: XXXX ( enclose the proof of having filed the complain along with the RTI application).

> For help on drafting a RTI application for the above purpose, please refer to the following link: