News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
saurabh.agrawal

Got Road Tax refund from RTO Bangalore

Is it Useful?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is it Useful?

• Yes
    • No

saurabh.agrawal

I moved my card from Bangalore(KA51) to Ghaziabad and got the road tax refund. Here is the step by step process

1. Fille Form 28 ( Noc FORM) , 3 copies, attach all the photostat copies like car papers, insurance, pollution etc ans submit it in RTO.

2. They will immediately issues a form for police verification.( I got it within half and hour).

3. Go to Police Commisionor office and you find out the place where you have get the the clearance. Go after 11AM. They will verify and sign the form. I went around 10 AM but got it signed only around 12 PM.

4. Same Day I submitted it the form back to RTO and they asked me to come after 21 days. They will take your RC and issue a acknowledgement.

5. I went to RTO again after 21 days and got the NOC. ( two copies). make sure you get two copies.

6. Got my car registered in Ghaziabad after paying tax. ( Got it done thru some agent for RS 5000).

7. Send a written application to RTO Bangalore for road tax refund. Attach all the required necessary documents.

8. Follow up with them and got the cheque after a month.

Import tips:

Just apply for NOC only 20 days before you are planned to leave. Because in case you get the NOC early and get ur car reregistered after 15-20 days, they will apply some penalty. In my case

Applied for NOC : 28 Aug 2012

Got NOC: 21 Sep ( However date on NOC is 3 Sep)

Applied in Ghaziabad: 5 NOV

They took 8000 as penalty apart from road tax.

For My Ritz car which i purchased in 2011 and i got a refund of Rs 50000

• Like 5

abhapand

Hi Saurabh,

You had to be there physically at bangalore RTO for processing the refund, I want to know how all it happened.

Regards

Abhay

Prasad GLN

No need of physical presence, they will be sending a demand draft (Commission less) or send a cheque in name of car owner by post. One can follow up the issue after one month on status through RTI as per that State (Refunding) Rules and regulations.

Navit Mahajan

Hi Saurabh,

Are you a mechanical engineer from IIT Madras ?

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear saurabh, congratulation and thanks too for providing guidance to our all members.

Prasad GLN

Better, late then never.

Arkayan

Hi Saurabh,

What were the documents that you had attached (original, photocopy) along with the application to RTO Bangalore for road tax refund?

Prasad GLN

You have to enclose self attested copies of certificates/letters of life tax paid, and copy of Veh.License with transfer endorsement and an application seeking refund, mentioning their NOC and your vehicle with their Registration. It is better if you enclose copy of your old RC for tracing your records with them.

Arkayan

Thanks for the quick reply. Is Form 16 also required to be filled up?

Prasad GLN

The forms in each state may not be known. If it is available just send it as there is no harm in sending an extra form.

Wait for 3 weeks, and then follow up for refund status through RTI.

shindesh

I moved my car from Bangalore to Pune in the beginning of the year and did all the process and paid the tax in Pune and got the Pune RC book too. Also applied for tax refund from Bangalore in Feb this year and mailed them reminder post after couple of month. NO response so I waited for long time and than filed RTI on 21st Sept 2015. I courier all the document to PIO Transport department Bangalore but no response from any one.

How do I know if my RTI is filled ? How do I follow up on this further ? This looks to be an endless wait with no response from anywhere :-(

Prasad GLN

You have to wait till 2nd Nov,2015, as SPIO has 30 days time for replying. Assuming the postal transit of 5 days for reaching + 30 days time available to him for response + 5 days of reaching his response to you wait upto 2nd Nov,2015 and file First Appeal to FAA of SPIO with grounds as deemed denial.

Grounds for Appeal: PIO has neither provided information nor denied information stating such exemptions under RTI Act with justification for RTI application dt.21st Sept, 15, within 30 days from date of receipt of RTI Application.

Hence treating the information as deemed denial, this first appeal is being filed.

Prayer: Appellant prays for directions to SPIO for providing the information as expeditiously as possible, besides explaining the reasons for inordinate delay in responding to RTI Applications and failing in his statutory obligations.

and in addition issue a Regd. Notice to District Transport Officer for negligence and deficiency of services in not refunding Road tax even after 8 months, inspite of reminders and demand compensation of Rs.10,000/- in addition to int.@ 18% per month on amount to be refunded.

koteswararaonerella

you must be congratulated for getting your NOC and road tax refund without resorting to the RTI process which shows somewhere some departments are working as this type of cases will not be settled so easily.

shindesh

Mr. Prasad, I got reply from Deputy Commissioners office today that the reason for delay is "No Reply from RTO Pune regarding migration of vehicle and date of Migration of Vehicle".

Why is RTO Pune not giving this to RTO Bangalore ? Why they can't talk to each other and get this settled ? What should I be doing here ?

Prasad GLN

Immediately issue notice to RTA Pune enclosing copy of the letter received and demand for interest at 18% and compensation for Rs.10,000/- for inordinate delay, deficiency of services and harassment to a citizen and mark copy to Bangalore. File another RTI Application to Bangalore, seeking reasons for not making up a follow up with Pune to get migration response from Pune, if it was not received in time and delayed for several months.)

(Infact, those who are experienced carry a xerox copy from Pune and personally hand it over to Bangalore. They may be having thousands of remunerative occupation, and why should they care for a citizen's request but for RTI ? This is where RTI steps in a commanding position to question and get valid answers from Authorities.)

shindesh

ok.. Do I need to file RTI for Pune also? along with notice ? Where in Pune ?

Prasad GLN

If I am following the posts correctly, you are in Pune, and the vehicle is in Pune from Bangalore. Visit Pune Office and show them the correspondence and sit before them and see that they submit the necessary certificate right in your presence to Bangalore. or Make a call direct to RTO and explain him the delay and seek his directions to concerned. They may be having e mail, send scanned copy of Bangalore letter also.

( I get confused with some procedures. Have you not submitted self attested copies of Registration of your vehicle that itself confirms migration ?)

shindesh

I have send the letter to both Bangalore and Pune RTO as mentioned above on 21st Nov but did not received any thing till now. :-(

Prasad GLN

What is that letter and what are the contents. Please go through post and inform your exact pending issue. Write down the procedure by points like a check list, tick what have you done, and focus on those unticked items on action you have to take.

If you have filed all documents as per procedure and think that you have followed laid down norms, file application under RTI and seek information from both Bangalore and Pune RTA reasons for specific delay in settling the issue. Invariably provide details of pending correspondence with references and vehicle registration numbers and dates. Kindly search in websites of both RTAs to know the format and fee norms under RTI.

shindesh

1. I filed an RTI with Bangalore PIO in the month of Sept 2015 for delay in refund.

2. got reply from them in the month of Nov 2015 that delay is due to no response from Pune RTO on date of vehicle transfer etc.

3. on 21st Nov 2015 -> As per you suggestion on 16th Nov, 9:07 am, I issued notice to RTO Pune enclosing copy of the letter received and demand for interest at 18% etc.. I have also issued another RTI to PIO Bangalore for seeking info on not following with Pune etc..

4. Have not received any reply from anyone and waiting for it.

Prasad GLN

A minimum of 30 days + postal transit time 5 + 5 days are waiting period.

vishalkathiriya

Hello saurabh

Can you please tell me which and all docs to send to bangalore rto (KA51) to get tax refund?

My bike was also registered there and I have applied foe registration in surat (gujarat) rto.

Thanks

RAVEENA_O
Hello saurabh

Can you please tell me which and all docs to send to bangalore rto (KA51) to get tax refund?

My bike was also registered there and I have applied foe registration in surat (gujarat) rto.

Thanks

Please refer to post NO.1 of this thread, full details are available.

shindesh

41 days over today from the time I mailed a reminder to Bangalore RTI and Pune RTO.. No reply from any one and no refund till now.

What is next I can do ? Should I keep sending reminders after every 41 days ?

Does this work ? or is there any other way ?

Prasad GLN

Just send a registered notice to the RTO complaining of inordinate delay and negligence in refunding the amount and for deficiency of service and demand compensation of Rs.50,0000/- and interest @ 36% per Annnum. If you have already sought information under RTI and sought citizen charter copy and reasons for inordinate delay, file first appeal.

Reminders are neither necessary nor fruitful in such violations.