News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
saurabh.agrawal

Got Road Tax refund from RTO Bangalore

Is it Useful?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is it Useful?

• Yes
    • No

shindesh

Hello Mr. Prasad,

After filing the RTI in Sept 2015, I got reply from RTI in Nov that delay is due to no response from Pune RTO on date of vehicle transfer etc.

As per your suggestion I issued registered notice to RTO Bangalore and Pune for demand for interest at 18% and compensation of 20,000/-

I am further sending another registered notice to both the RTO as per your suggestion above.

Is there a particular format for this appeal ? I suppose this also needs to go to both the RTO and PIO. Please confirm.

My only concern is, is there anyone ready my letters in RTO ? Will this be solved ?

Prasad GLN

You must seek information from SPIO, PUNE RTO , enclosing copy of Bangalore RTO and seek specific reasons for inordinate delay.

(If you have already issued Registered notice, please do not send any notice and just add in your fresh RTI Application, on laid down procedure and norms in responding a Registered notice on negligence from Consumer and action taken against your Registered notice dt....)

Please preserve all correspondence chronologically.

Please read Maharashtra RTI Rules for first appeal format.

Once it is addressed to SPIO, it is his duty to inform to RTO or concerned section/department.

They have to respond to any such complaints/grievances and in Maharashtra they have an Act on service delivery. Please search Maharashtra RTA website and if there is a grievance segment, also file grievance on line.

shindesh

Hello Prasad,

I am able to find the application for the first appeal in maharashtra and read the RTI act also. But no where I am able to find the address of the SPIO PUNE RTO.

Can you please help me with the name and address where I have to send this registered post of first appeal ?

RAVEENA_O

Appellate Authority under RTI Act &

Dy. Regional Transport Officer

Regional Transport Officer, Pune

38, Dr. Ambedkar Road,

Near Sangam Bridge,

Pune 411 001.

shindesh
Appellate Authority under RTI Act &

Dy. Regional Transport Officer

Regional Transport Officer, Pune

38, Dr. Ambedkar Road,

Near Sangam Bridge,

Pune 411 001.

Thank you Raveena..

I have send the registered post to first applappellate at the address mentioned by you. I suppose again I need to wait for 40+ days to get reply ?

Thanks

Rajesh

Prasad GLN

Yes. That is time frame fixed for response under RTI Act (infact 5 + 45 + 5). If you wanted to bring pressures issue a Registered notice demanding refund under CP Act and bring pressure demanding compensation and interest .

shindesh

I did not understand the point on CP act... I already have send registered notice to PIO demanding for interest and compensation...

Finally I got call from Pune rto to collect the vehicle info (cirt) which they need to send to Pune. Hopefully things will move ahead now. It took them one year to prepare one page document.. It's so bad over here.. Hope this will get closed sooner now.

Prasad GLN

Consumer Protection Act. After sending registered notice, if you have not heard anything after one month, file complaint before District Consumer Forum a simple complaint. The format is simple and the fees are Rs.100/- Please google for CP Act or find on line guidance on consumer protection. As a citizen has paid consideration for the services, he becomes a consumer and is entitled for prompt and quality services. If the services are not proper, one can file complaint against that Public Authority for deficiency of services. It is a summary suit in nature, and within reach of a common man as there are no technicalities and justice is speedier.

shindesh

I have taken the CRIT info from Pune and send that to Bangalore RTO one month back but till not received the refund. Looks like I need to do first appellate with Bangalore now as I did filed the RTI with Bangalore 3 -4 month back.

Can any one give me the address for filling the first appellate with Bangalore RTO ?

Prasad GLN

Either you can search in Bangalore RTO website or file first appeal to APIO, requesting them to send the first appeal to concerned authority. But you have to file first appeal, within 70 days from date of posting of your RTI Application. (10 days postal transit).

Also send a simple Registered notice in the same envelope under CP Act demanding interest at 18% from due date till refund of the amount + Rs.10,000/- for harassment for 3 months, as there is deficiency through inordinate delay in refunding the amount.

shindesh
Either you can search in Bangalore RTO website or file first appeal to APIO, requesting them to send the first appeal to concerned authority. But you have to file first appeal, within 70 days from date of posting of your RTI Application. (10 days postal transit).

Also send a simple Registered notice in the same envelope under CP Act demanding interest at 18% from due date till refund of the amount + Rs.10,000/- for harassment for 3 months, as there is deficiency through inordinate delay in refunding the amount.

Feeling helpless after following up with RTI and Pune and Bangalore and first appllet etc.. Looks like nothing works in this country :-( and I will never receive the refund.

Got reply from first appllet banaglore that this is not the correct place and I need to send the first applle to commissioner regional transport but no one knows where this is and I am unable to find the address for this on google too ?

If there is any one who can help please let me know else I have almost given up here after following up from 2 years continuously :-(

Prasad GLN

Immediately serve a Regd. Notice to the RTO who has to make a refund that you will be constrained to file a complaint before District COnsumer forum, for deficiency of services and harassment and also compensation of Rs.10,000/-n if the refund is not sent to you within 15 days of the receipt of your notice. Wait for a month from date of posting, and simply file a complaint in the District COnsumer forum nearest to you. The process is simple, the proceedings are summary in nature, and you can get refund maximum within 6 months and compensation. You need not engage any lawyer as the case is simple and RTO can not state that refund need not be given or was given and this is one open and clear case for giving compensation also for harassment. The costs may not exceed Rs.600/- in total. If some one bells the cat, then only they can learn lessons.

anandaroop
You have to enclose self attested copies of certificates/letters of life tax paid, and copy of Veh.License with transfer endorsement and an application seeking refund, mentioning their NOC and your vehicle with their Registration. It is better if you enclose copy of your old RC for tracing your records with them.

Hi Saurabh and Prasad,

Thank you very much for sharing very important information and guidance. I moved from Bangalore (KA51) to IIT Kharagpur last year and started teh formalities with RTO Midnapore West, WB. At this point, I have paid the WB Road Tax and have a receipt. They have also given me an RC of WB Transport Dept. but the car number mentioned is still KA51 - xxxx. They say that I have to complete one year of residency to get the new WB number. Under these circumstances, can I apply for refund of KA Road Tax?

Also, I am finding it difficult for anyone (agent, concierge) in Bangalore to help with submission and get acknowledgment. How did you get this done? Will Registered Post A/D work?

Many thanks in advance!

- Anandaroop

Prasad GLN

Payment of life tax is important.

Search website of RTO of Bangalore, down load the format for seeking refund of Road Tax, enclose the tax paid details and fresh registration certificate to Bangalore RTO and seek refund.

Send the same with a covering letter to Midanapore RTO, to confirm the same to Bangalore RTO

Send the documents to RTO by Speed post.

Wait for 15 days and then file RTI application to SPIO, RTO seeking information as follows

1)Please provide reasons for inordinate delay in refunding of Road tax for vehicle No.KASI........for which refund was sought with prescribed documents vide speed post Receipt

No..............dt................

2)Please inform time frame fixed for such refund as per citizen charter.

3)Please inform the Name of the officia, postal address l to whom notice for deficiency of CP Act has to be served in case of further delay.

(There is a format of application for karnataka which is available in website of RTO Bangalore with such RTI fees through postal order for Rs.10/-)

Wait for 30 days for response.

anandaroop

Search website of RTO of Bangalore, down load the format for seeking refund of Road Tax, enclose the tax paid details and fresh registration certificate to Bangalore RTO and seek refund.

Send the same with a covering letter to Midanapore RTO, to confirm the same to Bangalore RTO

Wait for 15 days and then file RTI application to SPIO, RTO seeking information as follows

1)Please provide reasons for inordinate delay in refunding of Road tax for vehicle No.KASI........for which refund was sought with prescribed documents vide speed post Receipt

3)Please inform the Name of the officia, postal address l to whom notice for deficiency of CP Act has to be served in case of further delay.

(There is a format of application for karnataka which is available in website of RTO Bangalore with such RTI fees through postal order for Rs.10/-)

Thanks a lot Prasad!

Prasad GLN

Please do come back 30 days after posting of RTI Application for Brahmastra.

please do not post only thanks in the thread, as space is precious and you can just click the button below the replies.

anandaroop

Can you please confirm if the ORIGINAL tax receipt from the earlier state (in my case KA) need to be sent for claiming refund or will an attested copy suffice?

Prasad GLN

Not needed, as they have already provided you NOC and registration is possible only after payment of life tax.