News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
rtiindia

New File Added: Guidelines for filing RTI Application online

rtiindia

Downloads: A new file has been added by rtiindia:

Guidelines for filing RTI Application online

This document contains the FAQ and the important answers made available by DoPT on RTI Online Portal. These have been copied and transformed into PDF document for easy reference and printouts.

• Like 3

chami

Thanks for the documents! Nice to have them handy always.

I was wondering whether the DoPT will accept applications for the state authorities also. For example, if I have a query to be asked from GHMC, can I still use the DoPT facility?

We are progressing but very slowly.

• Like 1

karira

I was wondering whether the DoPT will accept applications for the state authorities also. For example, if I have a query to be asked from GHMC, can I still use the DoPT facility?

NO.

As the FAQ on that website says, you can use that method for filing RTI application ONLY with CERTAIN public authorities under the Central Government.

kirank

Now, We can file our RTI application through home using RTI online portal and pay fees through ATM-Debit card. This online application can be submitted using the following address: https://rtionline.gov.in/index.php.

This is innovative step launched by Govt. Of India. From this now it is easier to seek the information. But as of now, Ministries in Delhi is only covered with this online submission as it is 1st Phase.

This project is highly appreciable one and now one is not required to run to Post Office and to track whether RTI application has reached to PIO or not. It is also a time saver.

MEMBERS CAN USE THIS FACILITY AND PROVIDE THE FEEDBACK ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE HERE FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OTHERS.

FAQ-RTI-Online.pdf

sivak64

A time limit may be fixed to all the Public Authority to implement the same. Postal delay, report of non-receipt of letters, etc,. can be overruled.

suntan

There was news in news paper regarding starting of web site for online rti query on 14.04.2013, site name is (www.rtionline.gov.in) pl advise whether it has been started or not , because I am trying to acces this site but can't open, message appears like server problem. I have already applied 3 times thru this web site but have not received any confirmation of filing an application though my account was debited thrice for rs10

karira
There was news in news paper regarding starting of web site for online rti query on 14.04.2013, site name is (www.rtionline.gov.in) pl advise whether it has been started or not , because I am trying to acces this site but can't open, message appears like server problem. I have already applied 3 times thru this web site but have not received any confirmation of filing an application though my account was debited thrice for rs10

Your post has been merged with another thread on the same subject/topic.

Please read the full thread above.

ambrish.p

While submission of application:

It says upto 500 characters. In fact its 500 words BUT in the provided box more than 500 characters cannot be accommodated.

No link/contact details (for web contact) given where applicant can approach in case of any difficulty. No. functional during office hours only.

I had paid the fees but no info whether application submitted or not.

regards

Sadanandam

Is this for only DopT or for other central Govt Public Sector Banks can we apply from the Portal.

We can see only one DopT in Select dropdown.

ambrish.p

I called on the helpdesk number.

Help Desk : For any queries related to this portal, Please contact at 011-24622461, during normal office hours.

INFORMATION:

It was told by the executive that we are suggesting applicants/users:

a. that they should avoid using this facility as its not working properly.

b. that system is not generating reference number even after payment.

c. as its not known that whether users/applicants who have paid the fees successfully and their application was not registered will get the MONEY/FEES back or not. Many applicants/users have paid fees twice/thrice in order to get the application filed.

CONCLUSION : PLEASE DONT USE THIS FACILITY (RELY ON TRADITIONAL METHODS ONLY) AS ITS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

regards

• Like 1

chami

I am happy that they are at least trying.

Yes, once it is working properly, it will be very helpful for all of us. Here we have problems with getting even a IPO for Rs 10!

Thanks to you all!

kirank

We can file the Info pertaining to other dept. also with DoPT. If we file, DoPT has to transfer the application to concerned Public Authority within 5 days of receipt.

ADARSH SINGH

Presently you can fill rti only to DOPT. Actually it is in trail phase now. But dont try to fill rti right now as system is suffering problem. This time payment is debited from account but rti request not registered. I tried three times but no attemp got success and payment got debited too. I contacted to the authorities but they are just saying that they had informed to NIC and they are trying their best but fact is that it is not working till now..

• Like 1

Sadanandam
Presently you can fill rti only to DOPT. Actually it is in trail phase now. But dont try to fill rti right now as system is suffering problem. This time payment is debited from account but rti request not registered. I tried three times but no attemp got success and payment got debited too. I contacted to the authorities but they are just saying that they had informed to NIC and they are trying their best but fact is that it is not working till now..

Thank you kirank

kirank

I had filed online RTI application with DoPT and now i got a intimation from Dopt stating that it has been transferred to concerned Public Authority as persection 6(3) of RTI act with the application fee as well. I think it is worth and time saving looking in any angle.

If your RTI query is more than 500 Characters, You can draft a letter, scan and attach the same in the attachment section provided and mention that RTI application can be found in attachment in the RTI query box.

ADARSH SINGH

When u had filled rti application as we know that it is not working. Is it functioning proper now?

Can we successfully file rti now??

kirank
When u had filled rti application as we know that it is not working. Is it functioning proper now?

Can we successfully file rti now??

I have filed RTI on 14/04/2013 and it got transferred on 17/04/2013. I received the intimation from DOPT today regarding the transfer of RTI application through Post

ADARSH SINGH

When you made payment to onlinerti you got registration/refrence no. Or not as it is not generating now. You got intimation of successfully registration after payment or not..

kirank
When you made payment to onlinerti you got registration/refrence no. Or not as it is not generating now. You got intimation of successfully registration after payment or not..

Go to RTI Online :: Online RTI Information System home page ---> Register yourself using sign up option RTI Online :: User Registration Form ---> An activation key will be sent to your Email, activate your account using the same.-----------> Now, login to using your ID and Password---> go to submit request tab, when you login to your page--------> file the RTI request as directed in the site and attach scanned RTI application, if your request is more than 500 charcters---> Do not write the name of PIO in your scanned application or in the request column----> make payment ---> whenever you login to your account, you can view the application submitted by you and its current status.

If any one doesn't have scanning facility, Then draft your application in MS Word and get it saved in PDF format and then upload the same. It doesn't require your physical signature, since it is online filing.

kirank
Please read:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/110302-rti-improvement-new-delhi-rti-go-online-month-govt-launch-epostal-orders.html#post269111

Please note that one needs to have a SBI or a State Bank affiliated Bank account OR a SBI Debit card to pay the application fee.

We can pay the fees even with other bank Debit cards, but it should be a VISA card. I had paid the fee with Canara Bank debit card and the transaction is successful.

ADARSH SINGH
Go to RTI Online :: Online RTI Information System home page ---> Register yourself using sign up option RTI Online :: User Registration Form ---> An activation key will be sent to your Email, activate your account using the same.-----------> Now, login to using your ID and Password---> go to submit request tab, when you login to your page--------> file the RTI request as directed in the site and attach scanned RTI application, if your request is more than 500 charcters---> Do not write the name of PIO in your scanned application or in the request column----> make payment ---> whenever you login to your account, you can view the application submitted by you and its current status.

If any one doesn't have scanning facility, Then draft your application in MS Word and get it saved in PDF format and then upload the same. It doesn't require your physical signature, since it is online filing.

I do the same as you mentioned above but after making payment, the payment gateway failed to redirect to rtionline.gov.in and application not registered. After logging again no request registered shows in the account. I done it three times and each time same problem faced. I done this on 17th april. I called on the no. Given on website and they told that there is some problem in system and NIC is looking into matter. I called again on friday and they told me the same thing again.

ambrish.p
I do the same as you mentioned above but after making payment, the payment gateway failed to redirect to rtionline.gov.in and application not registered.

Same happened with me twice when i tried to file the application after reading the post of Sh. Kiran Kumar, now it seems that i will have to file RTI application by TRADITIONAL METHODS (as i know that it will not fail) for the status of money/fees paid by me .

regards

kirank

It is worked out absolutely good for me. Pls find the attached screen shot of the same. When you made payment through your debit card or internet banking. you need to wait for 30 seconds to let the system automatically direct to RTI home page to show your RTI application.

Im not sure about the error you are talking about and there may be some procedural lapses is occurring i believe

RTI.jpg

ADARSH SINGH
It is worked out absolutely good for me. Pls find the attached screen shot of the same. When you made payment through your debit card or internet banking. you need to wait for 30 seconds to let the system automatically direct to RTI home page to show your RTI application.

Im not sure about the error you are talking about and there may be some procedural lapses is occurring i believe

I can guess it is failed to redirect in case of SBI is used to pay fee either sbi card or sbi net banking. It is getting success in case of card used of any other bank. By Which mode you paid the fee??

It is only my guess. I m nt sure..