- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
My 2nd appeal with the CIC bearing F No. CIC/AT/A/2008/00437 dated 31.10.2008 was disposed off by upholding the decision of the AA in not furnishing information. The decision of the CIC is misplaced and facts have been ignored. I requested for a copy of the preliminary hearing held against me and a copy of file notings leading to my suspension from services. Enquiry was completed way back in July 2007. My application was kept pending 10 months despite reminders. An amount of Rs 100 was collected after revalidation of the Demand Draft. The first appeal was heard on 16.11.2007 and disposed off on 12.03.2008. So many lapses. But the Information commissioner relied on a judgement which is dissimilar to my circumstances viz., V K Gulati vs DG Vig, Customs and Central Excise; CIC/AT/2007/01508 has been relied upon by the Information Commissioner. In V K Gulati's case the disciplinary proceedings were underway, whereas in my case the Disciplinary Authority, on a sworn statement, in the Hon'ble High Court of AP has disclosed that the disciplinary proceedings were completed. So how can the IC depend on dissimilar instances. Further the respondents had filed a written submission to the CIC in reply to my 2nd appeal. Am i not entitled for a copy of the same before the actual hearing held. Therefore under such circumstances I want to appeal against this order. I dont want to go the Judicial Courts since they are time and money consuming. Can anyone of you enlighten me on this. What should i do now.
Dr G V Rao
I have received a reply from pio taluk office after 5 months that they are searching for records. I have appealed to Thasildar(1st appelate authority) no reply. I have filed my second appeal to SIC, Tamilnadu 4 months back and a reminder 2months back. But no reply from commission. What should i do to get the information?