Shree Vathsan

Can policy decision be questioned

Shree Vathsan

Recently I got reply from Air India that they did not find enough potential for direct Madurai Singapore flights for my greivance on pgportal. They also stated that their Marketing and Route planning teams report did not find enough potential. But, when I filed RTI asking for the report, I got a reply stating that its their internal marketing strategy and cannot be questioned or disclosed. Plz advise how to proceed.

Some unrelated doubts:

Can newspaper report/article used as a supporting document/basis for RTI

Can information obtained for

Projects that are in nascent/proposed stage.

If I visit a govt dept for inspection of records, should the file no. be known.

How to obtain file no. for particular subject through RTI template would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

You can file application seeking for information, inspection with assistance of an expert and for obtaining certified copies.

Every information whether it is a policy or not has to be given if not rejected specifically quoting exemptions under Sec.8 or 9. But you can seek copy of file recordings, and report if any but not entitled to questions against of Public Authority through RTI.

1, It can be accepted by some and it depends on prominence of the news papers. Please try to file RTI application before a Public library and ask them to give certified copy of such and such matter in News paper of that day and Page.No. (just my idea)

2.Yes you can seek information on Budgeted projects, estimation etc., under RTI Act.

3.Depending on informatin solicited, PIO will provide you the file in which information sought by you is supposed to be available. If information is not available, then you can then and there make a gist of documents not available in the file and get ack of PIO on your office copy.

4.You can seek concerned file no by naming specific issue/information. Inspection meaning has to be construed that PIO has to provide information in files pertaining to the queries made by you before him.

• Like 1

Shree Vathsan

Mr Prasad, from your reply I understand that Air India is bound to give copy of the report. Am I right?

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

Prasad GLN

Air India is within the ambit of RTI Act and every public authority must provide any information which is available in material form physically in their record under RTI.