fightjustice

Help me to frame RTI questions

Question

fightjustice

Hi all,

I am new here and need to know how to frame questions for RTI.

This RTI is for VTU. VTU in an answer to RTI regarding recognition of PhD, specified that “universities recognized by UGC AND the members of association of indian universities are only recognized by VTU. I read this in RTI forum and got upset regarding this foolish decision. How come mearly a membership of AIU will form as a criteria for deciding recognition of a university?

Hence I am planning to file an RTI.

Please help me to frame questions. What I want to ask is as follows:

1. Please state the reason for which vtu doesn’t recognize the phD degree awarded by JJTU.
  2. Since UGC Is the supreme authority to recognize PhD awarded by any university, is it mandatory to ask permission from VTU regarding the recognition of degree awarded by a particular university? If yes please state the reason as such why any student need to ask for two authorities? Why there are two authority to state the recognition of one university?
  3. Is vtu is following ALL the rules and regulations for PhD course laid by UGC?
  4. when did VTU has started to submit a soft copy of the PhD thesis to the ugc ?
  5. So far none of the PhD thesis awarded by VTU are available on Shodhganga@INFLIBNET Centre..please state the reason for the same.
  6. As per the RTI reply provided by VTU, VTU recognizes PhD degrees from “universities recognized by UGC AND the members of association of Indian universities(AIU) only”… in this case what is the reason behind considereing mearly the MEMBERSHIP of “Association of Indian universities” as one of the mandatory thing in recognizing any universities Phd?
  7. By mearly a member of Association of Indian universities how does vtu think that the PhD degree awarded by any University is of high standards?
  8. Please give the evidence of the meeting held and decision taken by the committee mambers as “universities recognized by UGC AND the members of association of Indian universities(AIU) only” are recognized by vtu. Provide the name of the members who taken such decisions.
  9. If such a meeting is not held on what basis and under who’s presence, who’s has been the chief chair in taking such decision? Provide me the minutes of such meeting along with all details.
  10. If VTU itself not following the rules laid by the UGC (none of the thesis is uploaded to shodganga till date) how come it is expecting others to follow the UGC rules?

May be you understood what I want to ask. Please, experts, frame the questions and help me.

Suggest me can all these questions can be asked once? Can i get help from any RTI activist who will post this for me? where to find one?

Thanking you for the help provided.

4 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

Please rephrase your RTI queries, so that they fall within the ambit of the term "information" as defined under section 2(f) read along with the section 2(i) & 2(j) of the RTI Act.

For example:

Please state the reason for which vtu doesn’t recognize the phD degree awarded by JJTU.

You may rephrase it to:

Please provide me a certified photocopy of the document wherein has been recorded the reason for which the VTU doesn't recognize the phD degree awarded by JJTU.

> Also, please refer to the following link to learn more about it:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/abhi987/1949-tip-drafting-queries-seeking-information.html

• Like 1

fightjustice

Dear All,

I am doing PhD in one of the private university in rajasthan. I have complete the course work and written the exams. following are the problems I am facing

1) I am not getting my marks card for the written exam

2) I am charged one more year fees but not others

3) university is not answering any RTI, since it is private one.

4) I am not able to find this university regulators address

Please help me in finding the regulator of the universities in Rajasthan. After getting the address what I need to ask the questions?

I request the experts to help me.

Thank you so much