Jump to content
  • 0

How to file an RTI in uttar pradesh online regarding issues with teachers pension



I wanted to ask how do i file an rti in uttar pradesh online.I wanted to file an rti regarding the following problem-My father a retired high school principal in Uttar Pradesh recieves his pension each month.The problem is that according to the rules there is an increment of rs.3000 after crossing 80 years of age.He is now 81 and he should have got the increment but he is not getting the incremented pension.He is an old man and has gone to all govt offices like BASIC shiksha adhikari etc but to no use.He is just being asked to move from one office to another.Can you help me out.Since my father lives in UP and I am in bangalore i wanted to ask you whether i can file an rti for the above mentioned issue.


Yours Faithfully

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

There is no possibility to file a online RTI in Uttar Pradesh.


You will have to use the traditional methods of filing RTU from Bangalore:


How to submit a RTI Application - Guide




The issue seems to be that the Pension paying Authority has not updated the details and therefore your father is not getting the extra pension.


In your RTI to the PIO of the Pension paying Authority, ask for:


1. Certified copy of Rules stating that extra pension has to be paid to those who cross 80 years of age

2. Date of Birth of Mr............................(your fathers name) in the pension records and pension payment order (PPO) (use the right words)

3. The monthly pension being paid to Mr......................... for the months of xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, yyyyyyyyyy, zzzzzzzzzzzz (these three months should be the 3 months before your father crossed 80 years).

4. The monthly pension being paid to Mr..................... for months of aaaaaa, bbbbbbbbbb, ccccccc, (these 3 months should be months after your father crossed 80 years)




Just brush up the above. Use the proper words/phrases, etc....your father will know the exact terminology to be used.


It is better that your father files the RTI in his own name and under his own signature....since it is his own pension. Of course you can draft it for him and guide him.




You can file a RTI application with the PIO. Details of PIO will be available on the website of the organisation/department, under the "RTI" link. Or simply call that office and ask "Who is the PIO in your office under the RTI Act 2005. I want to file a RTI application." ?



Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for Uttar Pradesh.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide



Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ



These will be of help to you during the RTI process.



Read the links given on the Home page of this portal: RTI INDIA - Your right to know - the Compete Right to Information Portal of India



Please also read:



Time limits specified in the RTI Act - Guide

How to submit a RTI Application - Guide



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
whether i can file an rti for the above mentioned issue.


Yours Faithfully


Kindly refer: ????? ?????? ????? ???????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ?


Ask Sir (your father) to file a complaint (with claim that revised benefits have not been given to him as per G.O. and enclose copies of all communications made in this regard) with local treasury head and mark a copy of the same to the concerned office and Director, Directorate of Pension, Uttar Pradesh and in case he does not get revised pension next month, file RTI seeking action taken report on this complaint.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank You everyone.I'll convey this information to him and will tell you about the progress made

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.
      Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.
      Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app
    • humhongeykamyaab
      By humhongeykamyaab
      Need some clarity on how to draft the RTI for the information asked; Alternatively, please advice what other course of action to pursue?
      Case of Illegal Recovery of Pension by Public Sector Bank  (thereafter referred as PSB)
      1) The PSB, the pension disbursal bank mistakenly overpaid the pension to the pensioner for 10 years;
      2) No connivance or misrepresentation from the Pensioner; solely a mistake done by the Bank. 
      The over payment was detected via a CAG Audit, and the mistake of the bank as well was pointed out in the same audit
      3)Now the PSB has started recovering the Pension since last 3 years, illegally.
      4)No recovery order or show cause notice has been ever issued to the Pensioner by the bank or any competent authority
      5)This recovery is illegal as per Apex Court judgement on Rafiq Masih's Case- 
      which states that no recovery can be done after 5 years of continual overpayment
      6) The Pensioner has been forced to go to the court to seek redressal. Case is stuck in the court for the last 3 years
      An RTI Was filed in May 2018/ Information sought and response received are as under:-
      Q-2) Provide the list of all officials and their designation who dealt with this pension matter during Dec 2006 to Dec 2007 at CPPC and PSB Branch
      Q-3) Name the officer who responsible for sanctioning the excess pension
      Q-5) Please provide number of cases in your bank wherein excess amount of pension is being recovered
      Response received (for all three questions, above) from CPIO: As informed by the Branch Manager of your branch : Information is not available
      Q-4) Name the officer who is recovering my excess pension
      Response received : The excess pension has been detected by the Performance Audit Team  under CAG and adviced via audit memo 36 dated XX 
                           to recover the amount of 10 Lakhs which is over paid since  1. 1. 2007. As such bank is recovering now and refunding the authority.
      My Comment on Q-4:
      It doesn't give the name of the officer who is recovering excess. Plus: The Audit Memo from CAG does not talk about recovery at- all. This has also
      been mentioned in the affidavit by the pension sanctioning authority in the court where it states that CAG has not issued any order of recovery. So this response is misleading.
      Unfortunately I was not able to file the First Appeal to the above response.
      Should I file another RTI ? Is re-drafting of the questions needed? The bank is hell bent on shielding its errant officials and protecting them.  Please feel free to advise me on any other course of action as deemed fit. 
      Thank You,


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy