While hearing the case and issuing compensation and show cause notice, the Central Information Commission also recommended to the Public Authority, Food & Supply Dept., GNCTD Delhi to develop a mechanism by which ration cardholders are informed about the change of shop in advance so that they are not put to undue hardship. If you are looking to understand how to file RTI Online, use this Guide of our’s to learn about it.
The Commission with the powers vested under section 19(8)(b) of the RTI Act directs the Public Authority to compensate a sum of Rs.400/ to the Appellant for the loss he suffered due to nonreceipt of information within the stipulated time period. The then PIO was also directed to show cause as to why penalty under Section 20 should not be imposed upon him for non furnishing of information within the mandatory time period. Read more ›
The employer cannot blacklist employee even if the agreement contained a clause giving authority to do so, because the power need to be exercised based on some reason, which has to be established in an inquiry, rules CIC. If you have any question regarding RTI head straight to our forums and post. The direct link to forum is here: Ask for RTI Query! And why don’t you take our small RTI Quiz here!
Delhi Transport Corporation terminated Sh. Atoul Rastogi from service and was also blacklisted. He questioned under what authority, the Respondents blacklisted him under RTI Act 2005. He claimed that he had submitted his resignation to the Depot Manager. The Respondent refuted by stating that no resignation letter was submitted by the Appellant. (Please read the guide here to file RTI Online)Read more ›
All public toilets at MCD, Delhi jurisdiction should have the information on their walls/boards in Hindi Language whereby the users would be able to identify the facilities available and the charges if need to be paid any. Therefore, CIC under its powers under Section 19(8)(a)(iii) of the RTI Act has directed MCD that the following information must be painted on the Walls/Boards on the public toilets (prominently): It is also in conformance with the requirements of Section (1)(b)(xvii). (Please read the guide here to file RTI Online)
1. Charges for using the toilet for different categories.
2. Timings for the opening and closing of the toilet.
3. Contact details (including mobile number) of the agency responsible for operation and maintenance of the toilet.
4. Name and contact details of the caretaker of the toilet.
5. Facilities available for users in the toilet complex.
6. Name, designation and contact of the authority for redressal of grievances/lodging complaints related to the functioning of the public toilet.
7. Availability of complaint register.
8. Copy of the MoU/agreement on the website.