Standard format of RTI reply by Public Information Officer
Department of Personnel and Training , Director IR has invited views/suggestions from the citizens on the draft guidelines regarding elements that a RTI reply should essentially contain by 16.04.2015. through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit our forum here and post your views/suggestion for improvement.
The draft format has been vetted by Ministry of Law and Justice and contains following elements:
- The name, designation, official telephone number and email ID of the CPIO
- In case the information requested for is denied, detailed reasons for denial quoting the relevant sections of the RTI Act should be clearly mentioned.
- In case the information pertains to other public authority and the application is transferred under section 6 (3) of the RTI Act, details of the public authority to whom the application is transferred should be given.
- In the concluding para of the reply, it should be clearly mentioned that the First Appeal, if any, against the reply of the CPIO may be made to the First Appellate Authority within 30 days of receipts of reply of CPIO.
- The name, designation, address, official telephone number and e-mail ID of the First Appellate Authority should also be clearly mentioned.
- In addition, wherever the applicant has requested for ‘certified copies’ of the documents or records, the CPIO should endorse on the document “True copy of the document/record”. sign the document with date, above a seal containing name of the officer, CPIO (in place of designation) and name of public authority.