Rev. Dr. Enos Das Pradhan
Name : Rev. Dr. Enos Das Pradhan
Date of Birth : 8th April 1945
Father’s Name : late Iswar Das Pradhan
Address : ANUGRAHA NIWAS,
Mission Compound, Near C. E. Hostel,
K. D. Pradhan Road,
Kalimpong 734 301
DARJEELING, WEST BENGAL, INDIA
Educational Qualification: Degrees and Awards received:
1. Schooling in Darjeeling and passed School Final Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education in Second Division in 1960.
2. Passed One Year Teachers’ Training in First Division from Kalimpong Junior Basic Training College in 1962-63.
3. B. A from North Bengal University as external student in 1964.
4. M. A. from Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu in 1974 as external student.
5. Advance Leadership Course from Haggai Institute, Singapore in 1980.
6. Diploma in Community Work from Birmingham University, United Kingdom in 1988.
7. Diploma in Mission Studies from the Selly Oak Colleges, Birmingham in the same year.
8. Conferred Doctor of Divinity (Honoris Causa) by the Academy of Ecumenical Indian theology and Church Administration on 23rd September 2005.
9. Conferred BEST CITIZENS OF INDIA AWARD by the International Publishing House, New Delhi in 2010.
10. Conferred VISIONARY AWARD OF EXCELLENCE FOR COMMUNITY WORK by the Lakshya Bharatee Foundation, a reputed national NGO based in New Delhi in 2012.
1. Worked as Teacher in Turnbull High School, Darjeeling from 1961 to 1962.
2. Worked as a Head Teacher in Prabhudas Memorial Primary School, Bhutia Busty from 1964-68.
3. Worked in the District Collectorate of the West Bengal Government in Darjeeling from 1968 to 1974 as Section-Head.
4. Worked as the Founder-Director of the Nepali Girls’ Social Service Center, a childcare based community development program in Darjeeling from 1974 to 1995 supported by the Christian Children Fund Inc., now known as Child Fund India.
5. Served as the member of the National Board of the Christian Children’s Fund Inc., Bangalore now known as the Child Fund India, Bangalore since 1995 to 2010.
6. Elected to serve as the Hony. Treasurer of the Synodical Board of Social Services, the social and development wing of the Church of North India from 1992 to 2001.
7. Served as the Chief Coordinator of the Synodical Board of Social Services, the social and development wing of the Church of North India from 1993 to 1996.
8. Invited to serve as the full time paid Treasurer of the Church of North India Synod since May 1995 based in Delhi and served in that capacity till September 2003.
9. Invited to serve as the full-time paid General Secretary of the Church of North India, one of the largest Protestant united Church in India from October 2003 and served in that capacity till retirement on 13th August 2010.
CHURCH RELATED OTHER ACTIVITIES
1. Served as the Secretary of the Eastern Himalayan Sunday School Federation in 1968-70.
2. Served as the Diocesan Youth and Sunday School Director of the Diocese of Eastern Himalaya for ten years from 1970.
3. Served as the Editor, SANGATI, Christian Nepali Magazine for six years in 1983 – 1989.
4. Served as the Pastorate Secretary of Darjeeling St. Columba’s Church Pastorate from 1982-1986
5. Served as the Diocesan Secretary of the CNI Diocese of Eastern Himalaya from 1988-1994.
6. Served as the Chairman, Rural Life Program, Raipur, Madhya Pradesh, agriculture based rural development program from 1998 to 2001.
7. Served as the Treasurer, Ecumenical Social Industrial Institute, an industry based development agency in Durgapur.
8. Served as the Vice-President, All India Sunday School Association, Hyderabad.
9. Served as the Chairman, Finance Committee of the CNI Diocese of Delhi,
10. Served as the Chairman of the Finance Committee of the reputed School in Delhi- St. Thomas’ Higher Secondary School.
11. Served as the Chairman of the Delhi Diocesan Planning Commission.
12. Served as the Treasurer, CNI Social Service Institute in Nagpur from 1995 till 2003.
13. Served as the Managing Editor from 1995 to 2003 and later as the Editor-in-Chief of the NORTH INDIA CHURCH REVIEW, a monthly journal of the CNI from 2013 to 2010.
14. Served as the member of the India Advisory Council of the Christian Children’s Fund, India National Office, Bangalore, now known as the Child Fund India.
15. Served on the Governing Board of the ECLOF India (Ecumenical Church Loan Fund of India) in 2003 for three years.
16. Served as the Chairperson of the Commission on Polity and National Governance of the National Council of Churches in India from 2004 -2008.
17. served as the Regional Representative for South Asia of the Council for World Mission, a global mission body, from 2006-09.
18. Served as the Member of the National Board of Church’s Auxiliary for Social Action from 2007 till 2010.
19. Served as the Board Member of the Evangelical Fellowship of India Commission on Relief (EFICOR) from 2005-2010.
20. Served as the Vice-Chairperson of the St. Stephen’s Hospital Board New Delhi for seven years from 2003 till 2010.
21. Served as the member of the Supreme Council and the Governing Body of the St. Stephen’s College, Delhi from 2004.
22. Served as Vice-Chairperson and later as Chairperson of the Board of Management of the Hislop College, Nagpur since 2003-2010.
23. Served as the member of the Governing Board of the Wilson College, Mumbai from 2003 to 2010.
24. Served as Member of the Governing Board of Indore Christian College since 1998-2010.
25. Elected and served as the Trustee of the Council for World Mission from 2003-2009 and elected as the Deputy Moderator of the Council for World Mission from 2009 till 2012.
26. Appointed and serving as the Executive Secretary of the Communion of Churches in India since 2010.
PASTORAL AND OTHER MINISTRY
1. Ordained as Deacon in the Diocese of Delhi in 1998 and was attached to the Free Church, Parliament Street, New Delhi.
2. Ordained as Presbyter in the Diocese of Delhi in 1999 and was attached to the Free Church, Parliament Street, New Delhi as Associate Presbyter from 1999 till 2010.
INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE AND RELATIONSHIP
1. Attended several International Seminars and represented CNI in various international meetings held in Canada, USA, UK including Scotland, Ireland and Wales, Philippines, Singapore, Hongkong, Malaysia, South Africa, Bangkok, Dubai, Taiwan, Nepal, France, Pacific Islands and Germany.
2. Served as a Member of the Anglican Consultative Council since 1998 for a term of nine years and attended ACC9 and ACC10 and ACC11 in Panama, Scotland and Hongkong.
3. Served as a Member on the Governing Board of the United Mission to Nepal since 1998 to 2007.
4. Served as one of the International Trustees of the United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel, UK from 2003-2007.
SEMINARS AND PUBLICATIONS
1. Conducted Seminars and Training Workshops on Finance Management and Governance, Capacity Building and also on Child care and Development issues etc.
2. Initiated a pilot-project on Community Study Center, an innovative concept for community based remedial education, later the concept was well developed and accepted in many northern rural dioceses of the Church of North India.
3. Edited and published following books:
a. Community Study Center
b. Church’s role in the promotion and protection of the
c. Towards a transformed and transforming community.
d. “Church on the Move” – a publication of articles as a tribute on my 60th Birthday.
e. “Beyond Letters” – a collection of letters written to the CNI members through the column of the North India Church Review for the last six and half years by the Indian Society for the propagation of Gospel on occasion of my 65th birthday.
1. Participated in several literary Symposiums and Seminars in India and Nepal since 1972.
2. Presented several talks in Nepali through All India Radio, Kurseong on various literacy and other general subjects.
3. Contributed several articles in Nepali and English on contemporary issues and published in various magazines published from Darjeeling.
4. Served as the Co-Convener of the Golden Jubilee celebration of Nepali Sahitya Sammelan, Darjeeling, a premier literary organization in 1974.
5. Served as the General Secretary from 1982 to 1990 of the All-India Nepali Bhasha Samiti, which spearheaded the movement for the constitutional recognition of Nepali language in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India and after 20 years of sustained struggle the Parliament of India on 20th August 1992 granted constitutional recognition to Nepali by including Nepali in the Eighth schedule of the Constitution.
6. Served as the Editor of Hamro Bhasha, a periodical of the All India Nepali Bhjasha Samiti for four years during eighties.
7. Served from 1980 to 1986 as the Treasurer of the Nepali Sahitya Sammelan, the premier registered literary organization recognized by the Sahitya Akademy, Delhi.
8. Served as the President from 1986 to 1990 of the Gorkha Dukha Niwarak Sammelan, Darjeeling, a premier social organization of Nepali speaking Indians and during this period he brought the change in the profile of the historic organization.
9. Served as the District Secretary of the Darjeeling District Red Cross till 1995.
10. Served as the President of the Darjeeling Rotary Club for the year 1994-95.
11. Served as the District Chief Commissioner of the Bharat Scouts and Guides till 1995.
12. Edited and published first journal on Environment “Chokho Parivesh” published in Nepali from Darjeeling.
13. Government of West Bengal had appointed him as the Non-Official Jail Visitor to the District Jail till 1995.
14. Served as the Founder Secretary of the Forum of Redressal and Consumer Education in Darjeeling till 1995.
15. Served as the Founder-President of the Delhi Nepali Sahitya Sanskriti Mancha since 1998 and had organized various cultural awakening activities in New Delhi for the benefit of Nepali speaking Gorkha community residing in Delhi and among them a grand celebration of 10th years of the recognition of Nepali language in the eight schedule of the Constitution in New Delhi in 2002.
16. Elected as the National President of Bharatiya Gorkha Parisangh, the national umbrella organization of the Gorkhas in India at the third tri-annual Conference held on 17th to 19th December 2012.
Rev. Dr. Enos Das Pradhan
Send Message to listing owner
Rev. Dr. Enos Das Pradhan