- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
1 pointIf you are able to establish larger public interest, you most certainly can file a first appeal under section 19(1) of the RTI Act.
1 pointhello, i have been getting lot of help from this forum. thought i will take some time to write my success story. - we had this long pending flywor work going on in our neighbourhood for close to 3 yrs. it was handled the tamilnadu state highways dept. filed a strong RTI with the state highways,with 20+ points,back in Jan 2016 and got a satified reply wtih all the details and expected completion by 19th Nov 2016 . guess what, it all happened as stated in RTI and the flyover is now functioning from Dec 2016. sad part - this construction is in outskirts - and one of my questions was - how many RTI were filed in regards to this construction work - the reply was NONE in the last 3 yrs. I personally feel this as a success, regardless of what impact that my RTI may have caused on the officials involved in the construction. I now have 2 more RTI pending to be sent out - one for another flyover in chennai and the other for some corruption and menace that i could sense at a NATIONAL HIGHWAY TOLL closely to my location. I expect success in ths as well.
1 pointYou can file application seeking for information, inspection with assistance of an expert and for obtaining certified copies. Every information whether it is a policy or not has to be given if not rejected specifically quoting exemptions under Sec.8 or 9. But you can seek copy of file recordings, and report if any but not entitled to questions against of Public Authority through RTI. 1, It can be accepted by some and it depends on prominence of the news papers. Please try to file RTI application before a Public library and ask them to give certified copy of such and such matter in News paper of that day and Page.No. (just my idea) 2.Yes you can seek information on Budgeted projects, estimation etc., under RTI Act. 3.Depending on informatin solicited, PIO will provide you the file in which information sought by you is supposed to be available. If information is not available, then you can then and there make a gist of documents not available in the file and get ack of PIO on your office copy. 4.You can seek concerned file no by naming specific issue/information. Inspection meaning has to be construed that PIO has to provide information in files pertaining to the queries made by you before him.
This leaderboard is set to Kolkata/GMT+05:30