Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 12/18/2019 in Posts

  1. 2 points
    Focus on what an appellant can do and forget these routine highhandedness of ICs. Because it is the first time, you might have felt bad, and this is usual and most of the ICs are biased. If you wanted real remedy, take the lead and file writ after receiving decision. Sitting or standing is not important, even some persons were are imprisoned on false charges for seeking information under RTI as public authorities are having such power. Getting information is the only priority, focus on that, ignore others as some persons are having attitude, power, arrogance issues and just pity them for lack of minimum decency towards a citizen that has taken up larger public interest sacrificing his time and money.
  2. 2 points
    The most learned in Gurus, Sri C.J.Karira, who is the main architect of this forum and a valiant fighter for RTI till recently. His contribution to the forum is immense and without mentioning him RTI is not complete. Just check for his contribution to the forum, it is a diamond mine, free for all for digging.
  3. 2 points
    dear friends. with the help and support of many of you,I could ensure a due pension to around 3200 ex Indian Naval sailors. Around 100 RTI applications,40 first appeals and 5 second appeals,during the period since 2012. I could dig out copies of orders of the GOI as old as 1976. Finally all these materials were used for our legal fight before the honorable supreme court. Even though,the SC had given a favorable judgment in 2016,the actual payment of pension has started only in 2019. The concerned authorities had diluted the SC orders in this regards, and not paid the due entitlements fully and the case is still going on. But all this we could achieve,only because of the RTI Act,and the numerous rti applications from time to time. This forum has helped me in clearing my doubts from time to time. I was lucky enough to get associated with this forum almost from the beginning. Thanks to all for providing a wonderful platform for a great cause.
  4. 1 point
    In my opinion, making a written complaint to NHRC about contempt of their decision and making this a copy to relevant person by name is the only remedy. Through RTI, you can only get information that is on record. When they have not obeyed NHRC decision, what can you get as information from CPIO when there is no such record mentioning such reasons for disobeying of NHRC orders.(!!!! no one records such notes on paper) Focus only on remedy. Getting NHRC decision is a successful achievement. Deal through NHRC only as they have powers to order for arrest of accused who refused to obey NHRC decision.
  5. 1 point
    Please inform FAA through Regd post about wilful insubordination of higher authorities order , and gross negligence in performing duties of CPIO as he has not obeyed FAA orders. Marks this to CPIO.
  6. 1 point
    I suggest that you will for 30 days from the date of receipt by the second PIO and then file a first appeal. Ignore certain legal imperfections i.e. 5(5) / 6(3) for the moment.
  7. 1 point
    Please refer to the blog of Shri J. P. Shah, adopt and tone it to suit your requirement,and file a RTI application to seek information on action taken: http://jps50.blogspot.com/2012/08/long-pending-issues-with-govt-use-rti.html
  8. 1 point
    Please find the J P Shah's blog for seeking information on action taken report: http://jps50.blogspot.com/2012/08/long-pending-issues-with-govt-use-rti.html
  9. 1 point
  10. 1 point
    Sir, Filed the RTI query as suggested 1.Please provide the place/office/address where I can get copy of record that states the details of unclaimed funds and total number of in operative accounts with each EPFOs office The RTI application has been forwarded to Balance Sheet & Data Analysis Team at EPFO Office New Delhi, I will post the reply once I receive it from the PIO
  11. 1 point
    File RTI Application and seek information on action taken on your complaint and enclose latest photographs also. Escalate this upto SIC. You can search for JP Shah's blog for suitable RTI format of applications on action taken on complaint. Please inform whether there is any progress and development after your complaint or not.
  12. 1 point
    OK sir.. Thanks Sent from my vivo 1806 using RTI INDIA mobile app
  13. 1 point
    @gangadharappa : Sir Any citizen who desire information available in the form of physical material on record with custody of public authority has to seek information from Public Information of that Public Authority . 1.Search website and find the format of application. 2.Learn the prescribed RTI fee and mode of remitting the same to Public authority (Rs.10.-) 3.Send application with fees that Public Information Officer in Registered post. Paste that postal receipt to your copy of application. 4.Track delivery status of your envelope to PIO (optional) 5.If you fail to receive the information within 35 days from date of posting of your application, or if you are not satisfied with that public information you can go for First appeal to higher official to PIO designated as First Appellate Authority. 6.Download RTI Act available for free in any website preferably in your mother tongue and get one A4 copy with sec.2,5,6,8,9,10, 17,18,19 and 20 , at one section each day. Within 10 days you can become a master and can guide others.
  14. 1 point
    Sir, Thank you for the guidance.Will file the RTI and let you know the reply
  15. 1 point
    File a fresh application to the same PIOs seeking information as follows: Information solicited: 1.Please provide the place/office/address where I can get copy of record that states the details of unclaimed funds and total number of in operative accounts with each EPFOs office Let them respond and then go for Central PFO
  16. 1 point
    1.Please kindly confine to the information solicited alone and never attribute presume motives for providing information. The motives may be there and your argument may be true. Because he is having motives, as PIO you can not deny information. Sorry, this forum is not meant for giving wrong guidance to deny information without stating any reason, because that applicant is not maintaining good relations. It is left to your individual decision because it is you that has to face the commission. I am sorry, please do not use this forum seeking reasons for denial of legitimate information. You ought to have contacted your appointed advocate instead of making so many posts to find a reason to reject a bonafide request.
  17. 1 point
    As a regular member, you know better than others that even after 14 years of enactment, PIOs still are not aware of one section Sec.6, ignore those petty things, and wait for information. Information is the only focus and not vain and useless correspondence that wastes time and money.
  18. 1 point
    GO for first appeal immediately as there is gross negligence and apathy in dealing with citizen subscriber's account. Can a bank say that they are not aware as to how much amount is available as deposits when some one questions. EPFO must be having that information. The same information was solicited from each public sector bank, when those banks denied raising pension stating that they do not have sufficient funds. One RTI Applicant has solicited information from Kerala by making applications to each and every public sector bank. The information provided to him is shocking, as more than 2.5 lakh crore was lying with all PSUs. It was also disclosed that several PSUs are not depositing proportionate sums as their contribution to the fund. Some banks like Oriental bank of commerce has with drawn crores of money from that fund for their use without stating any purpose and not used for pensions. A descriptive article appeared in Malayalam paper "Mathru Bhoomi". Please search in google for more details.
  19. 1 point
    The simple reply should be There is no such record of amendment for Sec.5 (1) of RTI Act available in custody and control of this public authority:
  20. 1 point
    Dear Concern, I would like to know about my 10th and 12th passing status as it's asking by RPO Ghaziabad at the time of education certificate verification of mine. Would you like to inform me saparatly according to below given details. 1. 10th passed in 1999 roll no. 293873. 2. 12th passed in 2001 roll no. 0126559. Regards Gulfam 9760002634 gulfama07@gmail.com
  21. 1 point
    Attending for appeal hearing is not mandatory either for first appeal or second appeal. There is no such duty or responsibility on appellant and it is an option and opportunity given to appellant to submit his point of view on grounds of appeal, and if convenient, experts always recommended for using that opportunity . In case it is not possible, write a polite letter stating that you are from Andaman and attending to Kolkata for hearing consumes time and involves expenditure and request for considering your written submissions, hearing by SKYPE, or video call. This is just formality and not mandatory. DO submit written submissions well in time to FAA.
  22. 1 point
    Wow. Ten years. It's been an incredible ride for all of us at RTI INDIA. A decade is a long time. Few things in our lives or in the world last that long—the average tech startup doesn't quite make two years. I'm honored and humbled that you've stuck with us all that time, and I promise that in the decade ahead, RTI INDIA will deliver more and better work in the areas of Right to Information. We believe in making data that others hide, transparent and accessible. We believe in delivering remarkable education and easy softwares that everyone can use and feel proud about. (See our Android & iOS mobile application) We believe that all of this can be done not just without evil, but with real generosity of spirit and action. Though we took off slowly, but exactly on this day 22nd September 2006 we brought the domain and started our journey. I would like to put a word of acknowledgement for all the team members, active members, and visitors who have been partners and also made us work from the past 10 years. Thank you for the ten remarkable years of warmth, friendship, and support. We absolutely couldn't have done it without you, nor can we take the next steps without your help. I hope you'll keep holding us to high standards, and telling us when we've met your expectations and when we've let you down. With Regards,
  23. 1 point
    Let us not confine to mere wishes on birthdays, every day is precious, and let us participate in this mighty task by visiting the forum at least once in a week, while experts are missing, even common members can contribute with their success stories that may inspire others.
  24. 1 point
    The same matter/facts were posted in the past several times in different name, including complaint to CVC, PGRMS etc. Your personal issue is beyond ambit of RTI Act, and it was suggested that you have to explore the remedies under law in proper forum. After 7 years, in your specific case, RTI is not the remedy and you can only escalate it to second appeal and avail remedies under RTI with CIC, on merits of your appeal.
  25. 1 point
    Irrespective of final outcome and without expectations, appellants as per law has to approach commissions. If appellants are fortunate, the decisions may be in their favour. Our Mahaguru many times stated that the chanting of Ram Naam Satya hai started even in 2009 and RTI is on ventilator. One can expect better decision on his individual luck. You might have observed the quantity and quality of queries during last two years in the Forum.
  26. 1 point
    SPIO is correct, when the complaint was not registered as per records, there is no process for further recording of any investigation. The information part is over. Contact a local advocate for immediate remedy. If the complaint is made, acknowledgment received, approach a local court through advocate and get a private complaint filed through court and pray for investigation.
  27. 1 point
    Only if there is an intention to bring a logical ending to entire issue once for all till writ, then only step into RTI. Otherwise spending amount and money only for getting such copies is a futile exercise.
  28. 1 point
    First get a photocopy of all the plans and documents of the Society from the Building Proposal department of the BMC by filing a RTI application with the Public Information Officer (PIO), Assistant Engineer, Building Proposal Department, XX Ward, BMC. Kindly download a draft RTI application attached to this post. You will need to file such a RTI application with the concerned Municipal Ward applicable to your locality. Kindly refer to the following link for address of your ward: https://rtiindia.org/blogs/entry/2177-municipal-wards-of-mumbai/ RTI_for_Municipal_Plans_Maharashtra.docx
  29. 1 point
    The only remedy is making a written complaint to BMC with such photographs and original sanctioned plans and specifically pointing out deviations, use of property for commercial purpose etc. Then for waiting for two months and filing writ mandamus before HC.
  30. 1 point
    In younger age, everything appears beautiful either a child or new articles. In 2017, none of the members remembered the forum and the Anniversary passed silently without any wishes or celebrations. It is only time that erases the memory. But in short span, most of the experts stored huge information that will be useful for another decade. Though they do not visit regularly, their past contribution still helps every member. The success and rejoice of the forum is not confined to a single day, and every day someone should be benefitted by the forum. Every day is for celebration if members succeed through their learning and guidance..
  31. 1 point
    A sworn affidavit on plain paper ? Where did this Tehsildar do his schooling from ?
This leaderboard is set to Kolkata/GMT+05:30


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy