- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
29 quotesWhy is RTI a Success? This is because, for the first time in the history of independent India, there is a law which casts a direct accountability on the officer for non-performance by way of a penalty of Rs 250 per day of delay.It is the duty of the Central Information Commission to discourage the culture and atmosphere of collusion or unhealthy compromise to thwart the transparency.In a government like ours, where all the agents of the public must be responsible for their conduct, there can but few secrets. The people of this country have a right to know every public act, everything, that is done in a public way, by their public functionaries.Right to Vote and Right to Information of the "little" citizen is of profound significance in a democracy.