Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'pension and rti'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Request for Community Support
  • Connect with Community
  • Learn about RTI
  • Website News & Support
  • Read RTI News & Stories
  • RTI Act Critics's RTI Act Critics Topics
  • Fans of RTI India's Fans of RTI India Topics
  • Insurance Consumer's Insurance Consumer Topics
  • Activists of Transparency and Accountability's Activists of Transparency and Accountability Topics
  • Issues with BWSSB's Issues with BWSSB Topics
  • Law+Order-Bangalore-32's Law+Order-Bangalore-32 Topics
  • Issues With Electricity Board's Issues With Electricity Board Topics
  • RTI Activists's RTI Activists Topics
  • YOGA's YOGA Topics
  • help each other's help each other Topics
  • forest and wild life's forest and wild life Topics
  • Indian Police Officials not following Cr.P.C.'s Indian Police Officials not following Cr.P.C. Topics
  • RTI Activist+Politics's RTI Activist+Politics Topics
  • hostels and lodging places's hostels and lodging places Topics
  • RTI Activists in Rajasthan.'s RTI Activists in Rajasthan. Topics
  • RTI info warriors in Haryana's RTI info warriors in Haryana Topics
  • DisABILITY Rights and RTI's DisABILITY Rights and RTI Topics
  • Govt Servant, Local Bodies or PSU Employees using RTI.'s Govt Servant, Local Bodies or PSU Employees using RTI. Topics
  • Eco club's Eco club Topics
  • Self Employment in Sport's Self Employment in Sport Topics
  • RTI related to land issue's RTI related to land issue Topics
  • Open SourceTechnology support to RTI's Open SourceTechnology support to RTI Topics
  • TRAP group's TRAP group Topics
  • Odisha RTI Activists's Odisha RTI Activists Topics
  • right to information activists's right to information activists Topics
  • Mumbai's Mumbai Topics
  • Chartered Accountants's Chartered Accountants Topics
  • ngosamachar's ngosamachar Topics
  • Growing INDIA's Growing INDIA Topics
  • we are all friends.'s we are all friends. Topics
  • RTI for Government employees's RTI for Government employees Topics
  • Dhanus - Pending Salaries's Dhanus - Pending Salaries Topics
  • Insurance Surveyor & Loss Assessors's Insurance Surveyor & Loss Assessors Topics
  • Mahamumbai's Mahamumbai Topics
  • M.Sc/MCA and ME/M.Tech's M.Sc/MCA and ME/M.Tech Topics
  • Corruption's Corruption Topics
  • minority engineering colleges in maharashtra's minority engineering colleges in maharashtra Topics
  • RiGhTs's RiGhTs Topics
  • ram's ram Topics
  • anti corrupt police's anti corrupt police Topics
  • Save Girl in Punjab's Save Girl in Punjab Topics
  • Rent Apartment in US's Rent Apartment in US Topics
  • RTI Kerala's RTI Kerala Topics
  • maharashtra's maharashtra Topics
  • Right Way Of India(RTI)'s Right Way Of India(RTI) Topics
  • Whistle- Blowers against corrupt India's Whistle- Blowers against corrupt India Topics
  • Navi Mumbai's Navi Mumbai Topics
  • electricity curruption in up's electricity curruption in up Topics
  • SHARE n STOCKS trading's SHARE n STOCKS trading Topics
  • Civil Engineers-CAD's Civil Engineers-CAD Topics
  • Nitin Aggarwal's Nitin Aggarwal Topics
  • ex-serviceman activities's ex-serviceman activities Topics
  • SSCC's SSCC Topics
  • Remove Corrupt Bueraucrates's Remove Corrupt Bueraucrates Topics
  • jharkhand RTI activist group's jharkhand RTI activist group Topics
  • Suhail's Suhail Topics
  • govt.servant's govt.servant Topics
  • RTI Uttar pradesh's RTI Uttar pradesh Topics
  • anti-corruption team's anti-corruption team Topics
  • Manaism's Manaism Topics
  • Insurance's Insurance Topics
  • sonitpur datri sewa samity's sonitpur datri sewa samity Topics
  • indian youth manch's indian youth manch Topics
  • HUDA Co- Operative Group Housing Societies's HUDA Co- Operative Group Housing Societies Topics
  • youth's youth Topics
  • aastha's aastha Topics
  • RTI for Citizens's RTI for Citizens Topics
  • learn always's learn always Topics
  • R.T.I.'s R.T.I. Topics
  • Karnataka Karmika Kalyana Prathishtana's Karnataka Karmika Kalyana Prathishtana Topics
  • Akhil Bhart anti corruption sangathna's Akhil Bhart anti corruption sangathna Topics
  • MBA, business and new entrepreneur.....'s MBA, business and new entrepreneur..... Topics
  • students seeking help's students seeking help Topics
  • RTI Corporate's RTI Corporate Topics
  • Electrical group's Electrical group Topics
  • V4LRights's V4LRights Topics
  • Pirated software in GOvt oofice and sc hool's Pirated software in GOvt oofice and sc hool Topics
  • Gaming's Gaming Topics
  • WE Born to help's WE Born to help Topics
  • help the elderly citizen's help the elderly citizen Topics
  • Ballygunge Government Hogh School Alumni Association's Ballygunge Government Hogh School Alumni Association Topics
  • Corruption free Country's Corruption free Country Topics
  • surajyam's surajyam Topics
  • kanpurvictims's kanpurvictims Topics
  • Railway Group A Services's Railway Group A Services Topics
  • Encroachment of public property by private giants's Encroachment of public property by private giants Topics
  • Case Status - Anti Corruption's Case Status - Anti Corruption Topics
  • Aam Aadmi (The Common Man)'s Aam Aadmi (The Common Man) Topics
  • Court Marriage in Punjab's Court Marriage in Punjab Topics
  • ALL's ALL Topics
  • Youth India Social Group (YISG)'s Youth India Social Group (YISG) Topics
  • ye kya fandda h's ye kya fandda h Topics
  • mindset's mindset Topics
  • anti corruption's anti corruption Topics
  • activism's activism Topics
  • common's common Topics
  • state group's state group Topics
  • social help group's social help group Topics
  • landlords of uttar pradesh's landlords of uttar pradesh Topics
  • Concern Citizens Forum for India's Concern Citizens Forum for India Topics
  • edusystem's edusystem Topics
  • Ratna Jyoti's Ratna Jyoti Topics
  • development in indian village's development in indian village Topics
  • technovision's technovision Topics
  • Mighty India's Mighty India Topics
  • Against Corporate Fraud's Against Corporate Fraud Topics
  • Stop crime's Stop crime Topics
  • NVS - Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti's NVS - Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Topics
  • Authenticated Public Plateform's Authenticated Public Plateform Topics
  • shalin's shalin Topics
  • terminater's terminater Topics
  • RTI Wind Energy's RTI Wind Energy Topics
  • Go..................?'s Go..................? Topics
  • Co-Op Housing Society's Co-Op Housing Society Topics
  • we are equal's we are equal Topics
  • Phoenix Deals's Phoenix Deals Topics
  • Theft Cases in chandigarh's Theft Cases in chandigarh Topics
  • Economically Weaker Section Certificate & Benifits's Economically Weaker Section Certificate & Benifits Topics
  • Solar Systems's Solar Systems Topics
  • Get aware about ur Education and related rights's Get aware about ur Education and related rights Topics
  • Save Mumbai's Save Mumbai Topics
  • Complaints to MCD & Delhi Jal Board's Complaints to MCD & Delhi Jal Board Topics
  • ashayen's ashayen Topics
  • unemployment's unemployment Topics
  • Employee Solution's Employee Solution Topics
  • is kanpur university against sc/st's is kanpur university against sc/st Topics
  • prayatna's prayatna Topics
  • Parking woes's Parking woes Topics
  • Helping RTI INDIA web development's Helping RTI INDIA web development Topics


  • Uncategorized
  • Section 18 (1)
  • Section 11
  • For Common Man
  • Section 16
  • Section 2(h)
  • Section 8 (1)(j)
  • Simplified RTI
  • Government Employee and RTI
  • RTI Act 2005
  • Success Stories
  • Exempt Organisation
  • DG IT
  • Section 8 (1) (e)
  • Section 2 (h) (d) (i)
  • Supreme Court Decisions
  • Section 2 (j) (i)
  • Section 2
  • Section 8
  • Section 20
  • Section 19
  • SIC Punjab
  • High Court Decisions
  • Section 9
  • Section 24
  • DoPT
  • RTI Awareness
  • Section 6 (3)
  • Section 6
  • Section 2 (f)
  • Opinion
  • Department of Posts
  • Ministry of Railways
  • Departments
  • Ministry of Home Affairs
  • Ministry of Corporate Affairs
  • Ministry of Law & Justice
  • Government of NCT of Delhi
  • Delhi Police
  • Ministry of Human Resource Development
  • Staff Selection Commission
  • Court Decisions
  • CIC Decisions
  • Activism
  • Section 25
  • University
  • Section 7
  • Ministry of Agriculture
  • Section 3
  • RTI Discussions
  • Section 19 (8) (b)
  • Section (1) (d)
  • Section 8 (1) (d)
  • DIrectorate of Education
  • Govt of NCT of Delhi
  • Cooperative Housing Society
  • RTI for School
  • Member RTI
  • Municipal Corporation
  • Ministry of Defence


  • RTI Directory
  • Important RTI Decisions
  • Other Important Court Decisions
  • Sample RTI
  • Acts & Circulars


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 77 results

  1. I wanted to ask how do i file an rti in uttar pradesh online.I wanted to file an rti regarding the following problem-My father a retired high school principal in Uttar Pradesh recieves his pension each month.The problem is that according to the rules there is an increment of rs.3000 after crossing 80 years of age.He is now 81 and he should have got the increment but he is not getting the incremented pension.He is an old man and has gone to all govt offices like BASIC shiksha adhikari etc but to no use.He is just being asked to move from one office to another.Can you help me out.Since my father lives in UP and I am in bangalore i wanted to ask you whether i can file an rti for the above mentioned issue. Yours Faithfully
  2. As reported by Kruthi Gonwar in deccanchronicle.com on 17 Sep 2013: Former info babus eye Rs 40,000 monthly pension | Deccan Chronicle [h=1]Former info babus eye Rs 40,000 monthly pension[/h] Hyderabad: RTI activists from the city allege that former state information commissioners are trying to extract a pension of Rs 40,000 per month, equivalent to that of the State Chief Secretary. With the tenure being restricted to five years or 65 years of age, whichever is nearer, they say that now there will be more lobbying for the post and the purpose of transparency will be defeated. While the former information commissioners say that they have served their tenure and are eligible for pension as per the law. RTI activist C.J. Karira gave information on this development. “A few former information commissioners (IC) have filed a writ in the High Court for grant of pension under Section 16 (5) of the Right To Information Act. The section says that the state chief information commissioner will be equal in rank to the election commissioner and that ICs will be equal in rank to the chief secretary. However, nothing about pension was mentioned. I think it is unfair that a person who has served five years is equal to that of a person who has put in 35 years of service. And not just that, after him, his family is eligible for the benefits,” he said. “Some information commissioners have only served for slightly more than a year, before demitting office due to age limit of 65 years. This has opened up a Pandora’s box,” he said. He also mentioned that each IC costs the taxpayer Rs 2,50,000 per month approximately. “If tax payers have to bear additional burden of Rs 40,000 per commissioner per month for pension, it will be the final nail in the coffin. I am sure there will be additional burden of DA and other amounts over and above this amount. And this provision will encourage all and sundry to apply for this post,” Karira said. In Karnataka, the pension was approved during the end of the BJP government and was opposed by the former chief information commissioner. The BJP government passed a G.O. awarding them pension. Other ICs in Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Kerala and Arunachal Pradesh have written to their respective state governments for the grant of pension. Rakesh Reddy Dubbudu, another RTI activist said that this will lead to more and more lobbying. “If this provision is allowed, more and more undeserving people will join. Some assume office at 61 or 62 and finish their term in two or three years,” he said. Former ICs Dileep Reddy said as per the RTI Act, the IC is similar to that of the chief secretary along with pay perks, allowances and service conditions.
  3. "RTI helped in getting family pension/benefits" It is submitted that no date, time and place was fixed for holding enquiry and the father of the petitioners was never given any opportunity nor the termination order has ever been communicated to the father of the petitioners, which has been communicated to the petitioners on 8.6.2011 under the Right to Information Act. It is also submitted that had it been supplied to the father of the petitioners, then the same would have been challenged by him. The petitioners' father expired in 2004 and according to his date of birth, he would have retired in 1998. Father of the petitioners was waiting for the decision of the trial of the criminal trial and he was also under the impression that as and when the trial is decided, the disciplinary proceedings would be undertaken against him. Counsel for the petitioners has argued that principles of natural justice were not followed and the father of the petitioners was not given any opportunity of hearing before terminating his services. The aforesaid contention has been denied in the counter affidavit by saying that no record with respect to the disciplinary proceedings of the father of the petitioners is available with the opposite parties. Therefore, at the moment the stand of the opposite parties is that enquiry was held in accordance with law and the principles of natural justice were followed, but the termination order goes to indicate that no such enquiry was held and neither any opportunity was given to the father of the petitioners nor there is any such finding in the impugned order. It has only been said that in accordance with Resolution No.5 of the Managing Committee, the services of the father of the petitioners were terminated. In absence of any documents with the opposite parties, who are custodian of the record, an adverse inference has to be drawn against them. The trial was pending against the father of the petitioners since 1979 and the same has not been decided and the services of the father of the petitioners were terminated on 31.12.1981. If the order would have been communicated to the father of the petitioners, then the same would have been put to challenge by him. It appears that the said order was never supplied to the father of the petitioners and in absence of which, the same could not be challenged. The impugned order, which has been supplied to the petitioners under the Right to Information Act, also does not indicate that this order is an original order, which was passed against the father of the petitioners. The said order is in the form of information and in absence of any original order on record, it has to be presumed that principles of natural justice were violated and they were not followed and the termination order was passed against the father of the petitioners. The trial had abated and there is no conviction of the petitioners' father and he expired in 2004. Thereafter, the petitioners started searching for relevant documents and information from the opposite parties and they also made a representation for release of retiral dues of their father. The retiral dues were not released, so they filed writ petition and pursuant to the direction of this Court the representation of the petitioners was considered and rejected by the opposite parties by means of order dated 11.4.2012. Since the trial had abated, therefore, the validity of the termination order has to be looked by this Court. On the face of it, the record reveals that service of the father of the petitioners were terminated in utter defiance of the principles of natural justice. The termination order, therefore, is illegal and cannot be sustained in law. Writ petition is accordingly allowed and the orders dated 8.6.2011 and 31.12.1981 are hereby quashed. Opposite parties are directed to release the suspension allowance of the father of the petitioner up till 31.12.1981 and after 31.12.1981 the petitioner would be entitled to 25% of the back wages upto 1998, i,e, the date of retirement of the father of the petitioner. It is alleged that certain rent is outstanding against the petitioner. In case any rent is outstanding against the father of the petitioner, the same shall be adjusted towards the payment, which is to be made to the petitioner and thereafter the petitioner will vacate the premises in question within fifteen days after payment. The question of payment of CPF will be examined by the opposite parties and a decision may be taken in that regard at the earliest and the security fee amounting to Rs.602.42/- along with interest, if any, shall also be released by the opposite parties. Full decision as attachment. ALLD HC_RTI_HELPED_IN GETTING_BENF.pdf
  4. I work in a semi state govt organization and as per guidelines our company has implemented NPS for all its employees since from 2007 but so far we have no details about our NPS account numbers or any other account details. We also do not have any idea about the fund manager which our company has appointed also we do not know anything about money being deposited in our names. Hence I kindly request people who are familiar with provisions of NS to help me frame question to ask under RTI to our company. Thanks in advance.
  5. respected sir, my father mr. G.k.chatterjee was working in physics department as a senior technical officer in rani durgawati vishwavidyalaya, jabalpur. After his retirement he was getting pension from the concerned department, after his death on sep'12 intimation was given to vice chancellor rdvv jabalpur and to commisioner of higher education at bhopal but till date no process had been done to revise the pension as per family pension norms and the department is harassing since then. Kindly advice us so that the pension for my mother can be normalised. Regards s.k.chatterjee XXXXXXXXXXXX - Deleted mobile number - posting against forum rules
  6. uniquee

    Recovery Details

    One of my relatives retired from Maharashtra Zilla Parishad Services. Her pension has been sanctioned after 8 months. They have initiated a recovery of over 3 Lakh rupees. But they have only given the order,the Gratuity amount & the recovery amount. We want the details of the Recovery Process, all the documents related to the Pension proposal & calculation sheets. We also want the copies of Service Book. So how should the application be filed? Can we demand Certified or True Copies of all the Documents? or only Photocopies are allowed under RTI?
  7. kbhambra

    NPS sceheme for rajasthan teachers

    hi there i am new to THis RTI site please help me by providing me infirmation on how to file a RTI, i need to file RTI about NPS sceheme of Govt of Rajasthan for teachers under widow kota whi have retired??.
  8. I recently put complaints on the government complaint redressal website pgportal.gov.in. The website gave me a complaint number. It was easy as I could upload .Pdf files directly on the website. I managed to upload the government directions directly from the maharashtra government website from the GR (Government Resolution section) and upload it on the grievance website to save time. After 30 days I followed it up with an RTI application to find out the status of my complaint. It worked wonders since, I saved a lot of time and effort posting letters and remembering speed post numbers. At around the 29th day of filing the rti application, I had already prepared my first appeal since I did not expect a reply. However, the last day of the expected reply ie the 30th day, was actually the 1st of august 2012. My mother received an sms from her bank where she is getting her pension. The sms showed the new amount that was the increased amount as per the sixth pay commission credited to her account. It was just amazing. It helped because in this way, through filing the complaint on the government website, in the event if there was any policy related decision that was supposed to be taken, it had to be taken as per the rules of the grievance ministry.
  9. I had sent an rti application to the central pension office at new delhi. However the matter was transferred to the state pio under section 6. The state pio however had already retired. Also the dept was gutted under the mantralya fire. It has been over thirty days now since it was transferred to the state. Do i file an first appeal to the state, or should i file a complaint to the central cpio for wrongly transferring the matter to a retired pio, or should i file a frsh appeal since the file might be destroyed in the fire.....? Please help
  10. One of my aunt retired from ZP Service on 31st May. She had submitted all the papers. She had a break in her service from 1981 to 1989. Her absence was then regularized as leave without pay by then Divisional Commissioner and she was reinstated with continuity of service. The ZP had then issued orders regarding leave without pay & the same has been recorded in her service book. She then completed 22 years of service & retired on 31st May. But in her service book a clerk has wrongly made entries showing increments from 1981 to 1988. Now the Zilla Parishad Pension department is saying that the increments seen during the period shows that she was actually paid the salary & so that salary needs to be recovered. They are demanding that we bring a certificate from the concerned authority that she was not paid any salary during the said period.When we approached the said authority he says that those salary sheets are old records of 1981 and its difficult to search. CAN WE FILE A RTI APPLICATION SEEKING PHOTOCOPIES OF SALARY SHEETS FROM 1981 TO 1988? IF YES HOW SHOULD THE APPLICATION BE WRITTEN?
  11. Dear Sir / madam, Please Help me on the below mentioned Query. My mother a senior citizen has not received her pension an gratuity since her retirement which now four years.She was a primary school teacher the head office of the concerned department that is Education department of BMC aided school is at Hindu colony. She has filled the RTI form but one one in the organization has idea of the PIO officer and no one is even ready to receive the same. If you can guide on the information on the Name of the PIO officer of BMC EDUCATION DEPARTMENT. It would be great help regards nourin
  12. gmpurohit

    Pension account closing.

    I want to close the pension account of my grandfather. Being nominee of the account, I have already submitted application to the concerned bank. But even after 6 months, bank is not responding. Can I use rti to know the status of application?. Will be grateful if someone can throw light on this & its procedures.
  13. Dear Sir, My Father is Retired from Gadadhar UP school, Chandan Pur, Puri, Orissa. He is retired from service on 30/11/2008. Issue 1.: Till Aug 2011, he was getting the provisional penson from the begining. This has been stoped from Sep 2011. At present he is not getting the pension at all. He has got the sanction order (PPO Number: 74861, dt.5/7/2011) on commutation, gratuity and final pension from DTI (copied to the person concern, Tresary puri and DIS Puri) dated 15/7/2011. I would request to know if I can get any help on this forum to get his final pension. Since two months, every day he is siting in the Pension office with no - hope. Issue 2: His GPF number is 4355MS. He has applied for the final withdrawal of his PF on 27th March 2011 at District Inispector of Schools office, Puri. I would like to know what is the progress happend so far on this. - Alok
  14. Dear All, This is for the first time I am here. If any one has any update on above subject, pl inform in reply. Whether any one has any information gathered through RTI from their own Banks OR IBA also share here. Thanks N R Koranne
  15. Dear Sir, I am worked in Eveready Industries India Limited/Guindy and Thiruvottiyur Plant,Chennai from November 1996 to December 2008. MY PF account settled after 7 Months and Even Now, My Pension fund not not settled. In Eveready Industries they running PF Trust for the Employees and Pension fund lying in West Bengal State PF Organisation. Let me know How I will have to merge my Previous pension account with present PF Account. Even after lot of E- Mails no reply from Eveready Industries. Thanks, S. Padmanabhan.
  16. kushmalik

    Pension Revision

    Greetings to all, My name is Kush and i belong to Rohtak, Haryana. I need to get info. regarding family pension. My mother was working in a State Co-operative Sugar Mill in Rohtak District in Haryana. She met with an accident on October 24, 1997 while she was on the way to her office and expired on the spot. After that my family which includes my Father, me and my younger sister are getting a family pension of Rs. 2400 in total.(1600 for my father and 400 each for me and my sister). Even after 14 years we are getting the same amount of pension with no revision whereas the salaries at the same level of employees have become manifold. Someone has to answer if this meager salary is enough to support a family. People are enjoying increased pensions on account of 6th Pay Commission changes. I need to get this info. if these provisions of 6th pay commissions and increased salaries and pensions apply to us or not? Is there any provision for revising this pension? Kindly help me out Thanks & Regards Kush (Posting of mail id is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)
  17. My father worked as teacher in an government aided school in tindivanam, tamil nadu. He completed 9 years and 9 months of service when he retired. Around the same time he suffered a stroke attack and couldnt actively follow up on the pension. He was intimated by school management that he has to complete 10 years to receive pension at that time. But i heard from an employee of DEO that he is eligible for pension with his service. When i reached out to school management to gather his Service Record (SR) and apply for pension in DEO, the school management says that they could not find his SR and it was misplaced or lost. He was retired in 2004. How do i go ahead with applying for his pension now. Your help and suggestions are appreciated very much. Thanks!
  18. Dear Sir/Madam, I am working in One of Delhi University College as Technical Assistant on permanent basis since October 1995. Due to my in laws health problem, I need to be their bedside in Jaipur and hence cannot continue anymore in Delhi University. Moreover the in laws are not ready to shift in Delhi. Please advice if I can take voluntary retirement after 16 years of service? Will I be eligible to get any benefits in terms of pension etc. Is there any such scheme under 6th pay for woman? Your early reply is very important for me to take further decisions. regards Charu Gupta (Posting of mob. no. is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)
  19. Hi, My Father was an engineer in Water Works Corporation UP and retired 6 Years ago from Latil Pur (Jhansi) however his pension is not finalized yet. My father has visited Latilpur and other places(where he was posted during his job) several times but officer gives him excuses of not having sufficient documents and ask to visit on a later date. Since my father lives in Kanpur and it is hard to visit Lalitpur every time due to his old age. So please let me know if RTI would help in this case. Also it would be great if you can provide some details around my concerns below 1. Would RTI help in this case ? 2. If yes then where we need to file it ? Can we file it in Kanpur itself or we need to file it Lalitpur where he last worked ? 3. What all information is required in filing RTI ? 4. What exactly we should ask so that we get quick and relevent response ? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks! Prakhar
  20. Dear All, My father is a retired doctor. He was an employee of the Assam State government. In 1991, during one of his promotions, the State Health department official committed some mistakes and his papers got exchanged with some other doctor with a similar name. Ever since, his monthly salary had been the same till the time he retired a few years back. He tried to correct things many times... He went to the Assam secretariat, met with a lot of people but to no avail... Now the situation is so bad that he is not even getting his pension. He has not got his gratuity amount... He does not even have his EPF... We have been trying our best to get work done through the government channels for the past so many years but nothing has happened. Can some one please suggest us a way out? I am currently working in Mumbai... And my dad is staying in a small town called Tezpur. He personally cannot always go to Guwahati to get work done... Everytime he goes, the officials put him in a loop. It is becoming very difficult for us... Thanks in advance. Partha
  21. I have retired on 1.11.2006 as Lecturer in chetana college of commerce, Bandra (e) and receiving my regular normal pension. After sixth pay commission, When I ask the college they say that State Govt has not still fixed the revised pension. what is the current position of lecturers retired like me.
  22. amitjyotisamanta

    Life Certificate

    I received pension from West Bengal Government. I have been told by the Bank that I have to be present live before a bank officer at a particular State Bank in Burdwan. Is it possible that I can show my live presence at a state bank elsewhere, say in Bangalore.
  23. Hello all, I would see expert and advise from friends on my monther’s pension case: BACKGROUND OF THE CASE: 1) My mother retired from a government school in West Bengal in July 2007 (Titagarh Pour Madhyamik Balika Vidyalaya). It is located near Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas. Till date, her pension has not started. 2) The school falls within the purview of School Education department of West Bengal. The headquarters are at Bikash Bhavan, Kolkata, 3) The pension papers are processed by the Pension office at Barrackpore. There is District Inspector of Schools who heads the office here. 4) I found out that the PIO for this department is the (SPIO Inspectors of Secondary Education in each of the 19 Nos districts & Barrackpore Education Districts) 5) I have the file number for my mother’s pension file. We have also physically seen that it does exist 6) The school is not a very big one (less than 20 teachers in all). Other teachers who retired before and after her (within the time frame of 2005-2008) have all recd their pension in time. She is the only one being harassed. 7) The school principal had some differences of opinion with my mother during her service period. She also seems to be colluding with the officers at the pension office to ensure that the file does not move. WHERE IS THE PROBLEM: 1) Her file has not been processed by the responsible clerks/officers for the past 1.5 years 2) It seems that there were some errors and incomplete records maintained by the school. She is always given the excuse that due to this, the file cannot move. 3) She is also told that this is her problem (which obviously is not the case; it should be the school’s problem) 4) So far, she has been rather polite and trying to plead her case. Unfortunately, since I am in Bangalore, I did not get the time to review the case. Now I have come for some time to see the situation and fight her cause. 5) Yesterday, I went to the pension office and met the District Inspector. He called the junior officers. They briefed him on the case. He again started off with the same excuse that the school records had some errors and for that, passed on the blame to my mother. 6) I was firm and gave it back to him saying that this is not her problem. 7) He then called for her file and reviewed her case (FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THIS IS THE 1ST MISTAKE). Why did not see and review the file for so many years. What is his job then? He should review the problems if any with the file and sort it out with the school. 8) Anyway, he then discussed with his officers and gave them a solution. He asked the lady officer to send the file for further processing and move it to the next officer asap? 9) Today, I went back to the pension office to follow up. The lady officer did not behave properly. I kept my cool. She asked me “do you know how pension is processed. You have done your job? Now we will review the file and whenever have time, will move it” MY PLAN OF ACTION: 1) I will go there tomorrow and if they have moved to the file then it’s fine else, I will now start to use the RTI window to apply pressure. WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK: The objective of course is to get her pension started asap. My 1st question is- 1) Can I ask a direct question on “Why her pension has not been released till date?” What is the reason why the movement of the file is delayed for so long? 2) Or should I ask this more tactfully for eg a. What is the process for pension processing in your department b. What are the responsibilities of the District Inspector with regard to pension processing? c. If there are incomplete documents or incorrect re cords maintained by the school, whose responsibility is it to sort out the matter? d. How is the prioritization of pending pension cases done by your department e. Why has this file not been reviewed earlier by the DI? f. What is the exact problem due to which the file has not been processed Sorry to have troubled all of you with such a long case history. I thought that with experts around, it would be easier to get constructive advice on this. Just to let you know, I work for SAP Labs and I am a qualified CA (1999). Looking forward to all your advice and inputs.
  24. My mother-in-law is a pension recipient from the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh. She is presently residing in Vadodara, Gujarat. She travels every year in November to Chandauli treasury to produce the life certificate. However, with growing age and failing health, it is becoming difficult for her to travel to Chandauli. My question : Is there a way that she can renew her life certificate every year from Gujarat only and avoid traveling to Chandauli.
  25. amitjyotisamanta

    Transfer Of Pension Account

    I want to transfer my Pension Account from Burdwan to Kolkata. How can I Do This.Please help me.---Amit Jyoti Samanta
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy