Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'gratuity'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Request for Community Support
  • Connect with Community
  • Learn about RTI
  • Website News & Support
  • Read RTI News & Stories
  • RTI Act Critics's RTI Act Critics Topics
  • Fans of RTI India's Fans of RTI India Topics
  • Insurance Consumer's Insurance Consumer Topics
  • Activists of Transparency and Accountability's Activists of Transparency and Accountability Topics
  • Issues with BWSSB's Issues with BWSSB Topics
  • Law+Order-Bangalore-32's Law+Order-Bangalore-32 Topics
  • Issues With Electricity Board's Issues With Electricity Board Topics
  • RTI Activists's RTI Activists Topics
  • YOGA's YOGA Topics
  • help each other's help each other Topics
  • forest and wild life's forest and wild life Topics
  • Indian Police Officials not following Cr.P.C.'s Indian Police Officials not following Cr.P.C. Topics
  • RTI Activist+Politics's RTI Activist+Politics Topics
  • hostels and lodging places's hostels and lodging places Topics
  • RTI Activists in Rajasthan.'s RTI Activists in Rajasthan. Topics
  • RTI info warriors in Haryana's RTI info warriors in Haryana Topics
  • DisABILITY Rights and RTI's DisABILITY Rights and RTI Topics
  • Govt Servant, Local Bodies or PSU Employees using RTI.'s Govt Servant, Local Bodies or PSU Employees using RTI. Topics
  • Eco club's Eco club Topics
  • Self Employment in Sport's Self Employment in Sport Topics
  • RTI related to land issue's RTI related to land issue Topics
  • Open SourceTechnology support to RTI's Open SourceTechnology support to RTI Topics
  • TRAP group's TRAP group Topics
  • Odisha RTI Activists's Odisha RTI Activists Topics
  • right to information activists's right to information activists Topics
  • Mumbai's Mumbai Topics
  • Chartered Accountants's Chartered Accountants Topics
  • ngosamachar's ngosamachar Topics
  • Growing INDIA's Growing INDIA Topics
  • we are all friends.'s we are all friends. Topics
  • RTI for Government employees's RTI for Government employees Topics
  • Dhanus - Pending Salaries's Dhanus - Pending Salaries Topics
  • Insurance Surveyor & Loss Assessors's Insurance Surveyor & Loss Assessors Topics
  • Mahamumbai's Mahamumbai Topics
  • M.Sc/MCA and ME/M.Tech's M.Sc/MCA and ME/M.Tech Topics
  • Corruption's Corruption Topics
  • minority engineering colleges in maharashtra's minority engineering colleges in maharashtra Topics
  • RiGhTs's RiGhTs Topics
  • ram's ram Topics
  • anti corrupt police's anti corrupt police Topics
  • Save Girl in Punjab's Save Girl in Punjab Topics
  • Rent Apartment in US's Rent Apartment in US Topics
  • RTI Kerala's RTI Kerala Topics
  • maharashtra's maharashtra Topics
  • Right Way Of India(RTI)'s Right Way Of India(RTI) Topics
  • Whistle- Blowers against corrupt India's Whistle- Blowers against corrupt India Topics
  • Navi Mumbai's Navi Mumbai Topics
  • electricity curruption in up's electricity curruption in up Topics
  • SHARE n STOCKS trading's SHARE n STOCKS trading Topics
  • Civil Engineers-CAD's Civil Engineers-CAD Topics
  • Nitin Aggarwal's Nitin Aggarwal Topics
  • ex-serviceman activities's ex-serviceman activities Topics
  • SSCC's SSCC Topics
  • Remove Corrupt Bueraucrates's Remove Corrupt Bueraucrates Topics
  • jharkhand RTI activist group's jharkhand RTI activist group Topics
  • Suhail's Suhail Topics
  • govt.servant's govt.servant Topics
  • RTI Uttar pradesh's RTI Uttar pradesh Topics
  • anti-corruption team's anti-corruption team Topics
  • Manaism's Manaism Topics
  • Insurance's Insurance Topics
  • sonitpur datri sewa samity's sonitpur datri sewa samity Topics
  • indian youth manch's indian youth manch Topics
  • HUDA Co- Operative Group Housing Societies's HUDA Co- Operative Group Housing Societies Topics
  • youth's youth Topics
  • aastha's aastha Topics
  • RTI for Citizens's RTI for Citizens Topics
  • learn always's learn always Topics
  • R.T.I.'s R.T.I. Topics
  • Karnataka Karmika Kalyana Prathishtana's Karnataka Karmika Kalyana Prathishtana Topics
  • Akhil Bhart anti corruption sangathna's Akhil Bhart anti corruption sangathna Topics
  • MBA, business and new entrepreneur.....'s MBA, business and new entrepreneur..... Topics
  • students seeking help's students seeking help Topics
  • RTI Corporate's RTI Corporate Topics
  • Electrical group's Electrical group Topics
  • V4LRights's V4LRights Topics
  • Pirated software in GOvt oofice and sc hool's Pirated software in GOvt oofice and sc hool Topics
  • Gaming's Gaming Topics
  • WE Born to help's WE Born to help Topics
  • help the elderly citizen's help the elderly citizen Topics
  • Ballygunge Government Hogh School Alumni Association's Ballygunge Government Hogh School Alumni Association Topics
  • Corruption free Country's Corruption free Country Topics
  • surajyam's surajyam Topics
  • kanpurvictims's kanpurvictims Topics
  • Railway Group A Services's Railway Group A Services Topics
  • Encroachment of public property by private giants's Encroachment of public property by private giants Topics
  • Case Status - Anti Corruption's Case Status - Anti Corruption Topics
  • Aam Aadmi (The Common Man)'s Aam Aadmi (The Common Man) Topics
  • Court Marriage in Punjab's Court Marriage in Punjab Topics
  • ALL's ALL Topics
  • Youth India Social Group (YISG)'s Youth India Social Group (YISG) Topics
  • ye kya fandda h's ye kya fandda h Topics
  • mindset's mindset Topics
  • anti corruption's anti corruption Topics
  • activism's activism Topics
  • common's common Topics
  • state group's state group Topics
  • social help group's social help group Topics
  • landlords of uttar pradesh's landlords of uttar pradesh Topics
  • Concern Citizens Forum for India's Concern Citizens Forum for India Topics
  • edusystem's edusystem Topics
  • Ratna Jyoti's Ratna Jyoti Topics
  • development in indian village's development in indian village Topics
  • technovision's technovision Topics
  • Mighty India's Mighty India Topics
  • Against Corporate Fraud's Against Corporate Fraud Topics
  • Stop crime's Stop crime Topics
  • NVS - Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti's NVS - Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Topics
  • Authenticated Public Plateform's Authenticated Public Plateform Topics
  • shalin's shalin Topics
  • terminater's terminater Topics
  • RTI Wind Energy's RTI Wind Energy Topics
  • Go..................?'s Go..................? Topics
  • Co-Op Housing Society's Co-Op Housing Society Topics
  • we are equal's we are equal Topics
  • Phoenix Deals's Phoenix Deals Topics
  • Theft Cases in chandigarh's Theft Cases in chandigarh Topics
  • Economically Weaker Section Certificate & Benifits's Economically Weaker Section Certificate & Benifits Topics
  • Solar Systems's Solar Systems Topics
  • Get aware about ur Education and related rights's Get aware about ur Education and related rights Topics
  • Save Mumbai's Save Mumbai Topics
  • Complaints to MCD & Delhi Jal Board's Complaints to MCD & Delhi Jal Board Topics
  • ashayen's ashayen Topics
  • unemployment's unemployment Topics
  • Employee Solution's Employee Solution Topics
  • is kanpur university against sc/st's is kanpur university against sc/st Topics
  • prayatna's prayatna Topics
  • Parking woes's Parking woes Topics
  • Helping RTI INDIA web development's Helping RTI INDIA web development Topics


  • Uncategorized
  • Section 18 (1)
  • Section 11
  • For Common Man
  • Section 16
  • Section 2(h)
  • Section 8 (1)(j)
  • Simplified RTI
  • Government Employee and RTI
  • RTI Act 2005
  • Success Stories
  • Exempt Organisation
  • DG IT
  • Section 8 (1) (e)
  • Section 2 (h) (d) (i)
  • Supreme Court Decisions
  • Section 2 (j) (i)
  • Section 2
  • Section 8
  • Section 20
  • Section 19
  • SIC Punjab
  • High Court Decisions
  • Section 9
  • Section 24
  • DoPT
  • RTI Awareness
  • Section 6 (3)
  • Section 6
  • Section 2 (f)
  • Opinion
  • Department of Posts
  • Ministry of Railways
  • Departments
  • Ministry of Home Affairs
  • Ministry of Corporate Affairs
  • Ministry of Law & Justice
  • Government of NCT of Delhi
  • Delhi Police
  • Ministry of Human Resource Development
  • Staff Selection Commission
  • Court Decisions
  • CIC Decisions
  • Activism
  • Section 25
  • University
  • Section 7
  • Ministry of Agriculture
  • Section 3
  • RTI Discussions
  • Section 19 (8) (b)
  • Section (1) (d)
  • Section 8 (1) (d)
  • DIrectorate of Education
  • Govt of NCT of Delhi
  • Cooperative Housing Society
  • RTI for School
  • Member RTI
  • Municipal Corporation
  • Ministry of Defence


  • RTI Directory
  • Important RTI Decisions
  • Other Important Court Decisions
  • Sample RTI
  • Acts & Circulars


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 17 results

  1. radha70

    Gratuity eligibility

    Hello, Dear Sir, I am working with a well ruputed Firm's School recognised by Andhra Pradesh state govt.edn department. I have completed seven years of service. Now iam going to leave . This school runs under trust but we do pay p.f e.s.i to all the staff. now being the adming head iam eligible for gratuity . kindlylet me know how can i claim my gratuity.
  2. Ramanjul Naidu

    Gratuity Eligible or not??

    Hello, I was worked a Pharma company about 4 years 9 months and 7 days ( it includes 8 LOP's = Loss of payment). So i am eligible for Gratuity or not please give me the clarity. please do needful as soon as possible.
  3. sushilasharma

    gratuity claim

    Hello,Iworked for 32 yrs as an assistant teacher in an unaided school'. After my superannuation in may 2014, Ihad written a letter to my Managing Trustee for my gratuity on 7th July 2015. I got the letter acknowledged. Later as a second reminder I forwarded another leter for the same,and the letter was refused for acnowledgement. What should be my further step,whom to approach and complain. Kindly suggest;
  4. To, Mam/Sir, I Sneha B. Pednekar daughter of Mr. Bhagwan N. Pednekar wanted help regarding delay in pension and gratuity. My father got retired in May 2013 and still he is being delayed for the pension. At first the staff told that his record book was incomplete. Now after two yrs they say that there has being mistake ingiving him the salary when he was at BABHA Hospital as Liftman. Can you please help us with the deyails given. Thanking you Sneha Pednekar
  5. Hello, I was an employee of a Pvt. Oraganisation which was closed suddenly with a short notice of 15 days. The Directors are not traceable. Around 100 of emplyoees are due for Gratuity. Hence we have filed a case to claim our Gratuity at Central Labour commissioner office , Shivam Road, Hyderabad. The Assistance labour commissioner had awared the verdict in favour of employees. He had asked for detail addresses of all Directors so that he can initiate action against them and give direction to the Collector concerned to freeze the Director's Personal propoerty and get back our Gratuity payment from that propoerty. The award is already given to us in August 2014. We have provided the detail addresses of the Directors immediately to the commissioner. But as on today we are not getting any information from the Labour Commisioner. Please help us . How to know the status through RTI act. Mohan
  6. A herbal API company in Faridabad, Haryana has not paid me gratuity Rs 2.0 L for more than 3 years ( This is w/o interest. Additionally company with held leave salary,last month working pay etc totalling Rs 7.0 L)even though I completed 6 years of service and I resigned on my own for personal reasons. I had petitioned with Public grievances portal,government of Haryana, "Harsamadhan" on 22.9.11 vide registration No. DRLAB/E/2011. More than 10 months passed and I sent 5 reminders as well but the status being shown as "under process" with Director , Labour, Chandigarh. As per Gratuity act , I have to complain with Deputy Labour commissioner (DLC), Faridabad with in 90 days of my resignation date 23 Aug 2009. But I have been following by emails with company since I resigned and sent abot 10 reminders. Please advice can I relay on Harsamadhan and /or petition with DLC (Faridabad). Will DLC entertain my petition since it is belated one. Or could you advise differently
  7. Dear Users, It is a pleasure to find blog posts on the RTI India Portal wrt the Gratuity Rules for the Teachers of Private Unaided Schools. I would like to ask you a few doubts wrt the same. REFERENCE TO THE POST "gratuity rules for unaided school" : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/9508-gratuity-rules-unaided-school.html Let me introduce myself before this. I, Mr. N.K. Ganeshkumar have worked as a Teacher in the P. G. Garodia English HighSchool (ICSE), Ghatkopar a (Joined : 1983 and Retd. : 2011 i.e. service of 28 years) School Details : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garodia_International_Centre_for_Learning#P._G._Garodia_School Estd : 1969, No. of Employees : more than 100. My service was an uninterrupted on for the past 28 yrs and I have super annuated at the appropriate retirement age of 58. On retirement I have received my EPF (Equal Provident Fund) only. My school denies having a gratuity Scheme as I am told by the school management. Kindly tell me how to go ahead in the respect. I understand that replying in details may be cumbersome for you. I will be glad if you can in this case pass me your Contact number on xxx@yyy.zzz - Deleted email id - posting against forum rules Thanks in Anticipation. Take care. Warm Regards Mr. N.K. Ganeshkumar Mumbai |India
  8. ketanjadhav

    Graduity Case

    Hello Sir, I have file the case in our Labor Court, Ahmadabad since last 10 months and there is no resolution of my case and every time new date will be issue for hearing and there is no progress of my case. I am in positive side and I have verified all my documents still I am waiting for my Gratuity. Please advise me what I have to do now, I need my Gratuity amount as soon as possible. Thanks & Regards, Ketan Jadhav
  9. One of retired employees of a public sector bank received less gratuity and commutation amount of pension due to error in calculation at head office of the bank. He represented the matter in Jan & Feb 2011. Retired employees’ Association also followed up with the bank. The bank was silent without any action or reply. My help was sought for RTI by Association. I guided entire process of RTI from April 2011 to efiling of Second appeal on 18-09-2011. Copy of second appeal was emailed to CPIO, deemed CPIO and FAA at Head Office of the Bank. I am informed on 02-10-2011 that the employee has got Rs.60000/- as short paid gratuity and difference of commutation is also paid to him. At least a dozen retired employees in this area have got their problems solved with the Bank through RTI in last one year. RTI does work
  10. I worked for this company for 9 long years from 1999 to 2008 The company needed 3 months notice when i quit. I gave them 1 month notice and 2 months salary to quit. I know after 5 years i am eligible for gratuity, the company didnt even pay that, despite regular followups. its been almost 3 yrs now. Do i still stand a chance to get my gratuity. Please Help.
  11. Dear All, My father is a retired doctor. He was an employee of the Assam State government. In 1991, during one of his promotions, the State Health department official committed some mistakes and his papers got exchanged with some other doctor with a similar name. Ever since, his monthly salary had been the same till the time he retired a few years back. He tried to correct things many times... He went to the Assam secretariat, met with a lot of people but to no avail... Now the situation is so bad that he is not even getting his pension. He has not got his gratuity amount... He does not even have his EPF... We have been trying our best to get work done through the government channels for the past so many years but nothing has happened. Can some one please suggest us a way out? I am currently working in Mumbai... And my dad is staying in a small town called Tezpur. He personally cannot always go to Guwahati to get work done... Everytime he goes, the officials put him in a loop. It is becoming very difficult for us... Thanks in advance. Partha
  12. shankerkarjee


    Dear Sir, Thanks for your esteemed innovation and popularise the common tool to common people. I think and experienced that many more Private Ltd/Public Limited companies flouting the rule of gratuity and denied the right of the employee who left the organization before just completing the compulsory five years.Although the Hon'ble Madras High Court and Hon'ble Supreme Court of India clarifies that after completing 4 years and 10 months, the employee is very much entitled for the gratuity and also, If an employee completed his 4 years in service and has completed 240 days in the 5th year then he is entitled for 5 years gratuity. Please clarify that companies not paying the Gratuity are in the ambit of RTI or not?,if yes ,whether the employees may approach? Being a Legal Professional ,as I understands about Gratuity are as under: PAYMENT OF GRATUITY.- (1) Gratuity shall be payable to an employee on the termination of his employment after he has rendered continuous service for not less than five years, - (a) on his superannuation, or (b) on his retirement or resignation, or © on his death or disablement due to accident or disease : Provided that the completion of continuous service of five years shall not be necessary where the termination of the employment of any employee is due to death or disablement : Provided further that in the case of death of the employee, gratuity payable to him shall be paid to his nominee or, if no nomination has been made, to his heirs, and where any such nominees or heirs is a minor, the share of such minor, shall be deposited with the controlling authority who shall invest the same for the benefit of such minor in such bank or other financial institution, as may be prescribed, until such minor attains majority. Explanation : For the purposes of this section, disablement means such disablement as incapacitates an employee for the work which he was capable of performing before the accident or disease resulting in such disablement. (2) For every completed year of service or part thereof in excess of six months, the employer shall pay gratuity to an employee at the rate of fifteen days' wages based on the rate of wages last drawn by the employee concerned : Provided that in the case of a piece-rated employee, daily wages shall be computed on the average of the total wages received by him for a period of three months immediately preceding the termination of his employment, and, for this purpose, the wages paid for any overtime work shall not be taken into account : Provided further that in the case of an employee who is employed in a seasonal establishment and who is not so employed throughout the year, the employer shall pay the gratuity at the rate of seven days' wages for each season. Explanation : In the case of a monthly rated employee, the fifteen days' wages shall be calculated by dividing the monthly rate of wages last drawn by him by twenty-six and multiplying the quotient by fifteen. (3) The amount of gratuity payable to an employee shall not exceed three lakhs and fifty thousand rupees previously now exeed the limit up to Rs.Ten Lakhs.. (4) For the purpose of computing the gratuity payable to an employee who is employed, after his disablement, on reduced wages, his wages for the period preceding his disablement shall be taken to be the wages received by him during that period, and his wages for the period subsequent to his disablement shall be taken to be the wages as so reduced. (5) Nothing in this section shall affect the right of an employee to receive better terms of gratuity under any award or agreement or contract with the employer. (6) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), - (a) the gratuity of an employee, whose services have been terminated for any act, willful omission or negligence causing any damage or loss to, or destruction of, property belonging to the employer, shall be forfeited to the extent of the damage or loss so caused. (b) the gratuity payable to an employee may be wholly or partially forfeited - (i) if the services of such employee have been terminated for his riotous or disorderly conduct or any other act of violence on his part, or (ii) if the services of such employee have been terminated for any act which constitutes an offence involving moral turpitude, provided that such offence is committed by him in the course of his employment. This is for your information that if employees have not completed his 5 years, he is eligible for gratuity. Condition: If an employee completed his 4 years in service and has completed 240 days in the 5th year then he is entitled for 5 years gratuity. Section 4 of the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 provides that an employee will entitled to gratuity on completion of continuous service of 5 years and while clarifying the 5 years complete service, Andhra Pradesh Hight Court had held that the minimum period for becoming eligible for payment of gratuity should not be less than 5 years since it should be complete 5 year service. It was further clarified that the words or part in excess of six months' are only meant for the purposes of computation of gratuity for the subsequent year or years to first complete 5 years. It was also held that if an employee has worked for 4 years 11 months and 10 days, he will not be eligible for gratuity for want of completion of 5 years. Further in a subsequent case, MADRAS HIGH COURT while relying upon the clarification by the SUPREME COURT pertaining to 240 working days in one year will be deemed to be continuous service of one year meaning thereby that there should not be complete 12 calendar months' service. MADRAS HIGH COURT has further held that an employee, who has put in service of 4 Years 10 Months and 18 Days in the 5 years, will be entitled to gratuity. Case Ref. : Mettur Beardsell Ltd., Madras v. Regional Lab. Commissioner (Appellate Authority under Payment of Gratuity Act), Madras etc., 1998 (3) LLN 414.
  13. I have worked for more than 10 Yeras in FCS Software solutions , Noida .I was a confirmed and regular employee of the company .I resigned on 1-Jan-2010 . How much gratuity amount I am eligible for ? I have been paid only 1 lakh as gratuity. How should I proceed to complain against it ?
  14. Hi, I want to know how 5 years of service are calculated. My details are as follows: Date of Joining: 02 May 2005 Probation: 02 May 2005 to 01 Nov 2005 (6 Months) Resigning: 04 Apr 2010 Notice Period: 04 Apr 2010 to 03 May 2010 (30 days) Need your advise if I am eligible for gratuity considering above details. Advise if I should complete 5 years and then resign. Premjit Sethi
  15. I have joined an organisation in june 1977. I have joined a higher post in the same organisation though not by promotion but by new appointment in march 1981. The service was continuous. I have superannuated on 31 december 2009. What is my gratuity calculating service year? What is my exact gratuity amount? I worked in a west bengal government undertaking. I had contributory provident fund system. Please clarify in details.....
  16. desr sir, I unerstand that gratuity ceiling payable to central govt employees has been enhanced to Rs.10 lakhs. I retired from state bank of india on 31/1/2008 and was paid gratuity of rs.3.50 lakhs. i want to know that the revised gratuity ceiling of Rs.10 lakhs is applicable to state bank of india employees since sbi also comes on par with govt of india employees. i am not able to get any information with regard to this. I am also told that to pay enhanced gratuity to sbi employees, the payment of gratuity act needs to be amended. I want to apply to finance ministry, govt of india for information on this. please guide me how to apply. yours faithfully mbk reddy.
  17. Dear Friends My name is Capt Nitin Soni (retd). I served in Indian Army for 5 yrs as a Short Service Commission Officer. During my release from Army, i got 30% disability sanctioned from Army (for a drug reaction case) so started getting disability pension. However, PCDA (principal controller of defence accounts (pension) ),while issuing the commuted disability pension deducted Terminal Gratuity (as applicable to Short service officers) granted to me by CDAO (controller of Defence accounts (Officers)). Since then, i have done many correspondence, but they are not clarifying reasons for deducting Terminal Gratuity. Infact, on being eligible for any pension, an officer automatically becomes eligible for Retirement Gratuity also. But they have not issued that also to me. No clarification has been issued about Retirement gratuity eligibility also from PCDA. As i understand, i have a right over gratuity amount for rendering active service for 5 yrs & this right cannot be denied. Whether Terminal or Retirement or both, i must be granted gratuity. Can you please educate me of the legal opinion with respect to my case. In case required, i am ready to take the legal recourse if i am genuinely being denied the gratuity amount.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy