Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hssc'.
Found 3 results
Hc intereferes for directing hssc to disclose marks of written test of asstt. Secretary’s examination
smbhappy posted a question in Ask for Non RTI SupportRTIFED NEWS CHANDIGARH: 12 JANUARY 2012 HC INTEREFERES FOR DIRECTING HSSC TO DISCLOSE MARKS OF WRITTEN TEST OF ASSTT. SECRETARY’S EXAMINATION In a peculiar case of its own kind, a civil writ petition filed by Sukhwant Kaur of Fatehabad, seeking a direction to the Haryana Staff Selection Commission to produce her answer sheet of the written test conducted for appointment to post of Assistant Secretary by the HSSC, came up for consideration before the Justice K. Kannan today. The petitioner leveled a serious allegation that the HSSC is not disclosing her marks obtained by her in written test and interview despite two applications submitted by her, in addition to another application submitted by her under the RTI Act . She alleged that the HSSC had declared the result of selection on 18 October 2011, and that the last candidate in general category had been stated to have been awarded 248 marks in aggregate, in written test and interview. She alleged that as per her private information, she scored more than 300 marks in written test alone, and was bound to be selected even if awarded zero marks in interview, and that the HSSC is deliberately delaying the supply of information to her, and is likely to destroy the answer sheets of candidates, as per its practice, on expiry of 3 months from the date of declaration of result of selection, which period is expiring on January 18th itself. Accepting the submissions made by her Counsel, H.C. Arora, Justice Kannan issued notice to the HSSC for February 10th through the State Government’s Law Officer, and directed him to seek the requisite information from HSSC on the next date of hearing. ________________________________________ – As reported by Advocate H.C. Arora, Counsel for Petitioner. He is a practicing Lawyer at Punjab & Haryana High Court at Chandigarh and is President of RTIFED. DELETED EXTERNAL LINK
advocate rajesh posted a topic in Post your RTI Success hereAllmost all the other PSC are having there own websites but in Haryana Neither HPSC nor HSSC were having its own website and the state people were facing lot of difficulties as they had to run for smallest information to the head office of the HPSC or HSSC. I asked the HPSC and HSSC about the WEb Site through RTI , Both HPSC and HSSC replied that they are providing in near future . Now HPSC has started its web site and haryana people will not have to run to the head office for there work. HSSC has yet to start its own web site.
As reported by Sukhbir Siwach at timesofindia.indiatimes.com on Feb 15, 2011 CHANDIGARH: In a unique "reservation" in boy crazy Jatland, which has a skewed sex ratio, the Haryana government has decided to appoint 67% males while recruiting schoolteachers. Women are being recruited for just 33% of the posts. This has been confirmed by Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) in reply to an RTI query. "No female candidate has been selected against the general category," said state public information officer. The information was sought by a Jind resident, regarding the recruitment of women for 627 posts of PTI teachers in general category. Even Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) had reserved 67% posts for male category along with reserving the rest of 33% for women in an advertisement for 1,317 posts of lecturers in schools. "As per the true spirit of reservation, 33% posts should be reserved for women and the remaining posts should be left open for both male and female candidates," said Kulbir Singh Dhaliwal, advocate, Punjab and Haryana High Court. Even senior officers in the education department are surprised about the "funny reservation" policy. It's amazing that no woman is being recruited against general category despite the fact that girls have been outperforming boys in school results. "We have sought a clarification from the government on the matter, as the issue has been brought to our notice from various quarters," said Vijendera Kumar, director general of school education, Haryana, while clarifying that recruitment process is conducted by HSSC and HPSC. However, a senior officer of HSSC said, "In the specific case of 627 posts of general category, it seems no woman could compete in the merit." CPI (M) state secretary Inderjit Singh has sought intervention of governor Jagannath Pahadia to restrain the state government from "tampering" with the reservation policy in recruitment for government jobs. "This is gross violation of the constitutional norms and procedures," Singh stated in a memorandum to the governor.