- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Before the detailing of Forum rules, it is important to mention here that RTI INDIA website is only meant for RTI awareness and generating interest of Right to Information amongst our members and readers. Therefore, our primary guiding light is Awareness of RTI. All rules should be viewed with the vision of ours.
This section should be treated for all sections of the RTI INDIA website, and all below-mentioned rules apply to posting content on all parts of the website. RTI INDIA website and it's forum, blogs, and other segments are public forum except otherwise decided or is restricted by our forum rules. All posts made by you are available for everybody at large and are actively indexed over our search and other search engines. Hence any content posted by you is publicly available and is a PUBLIC POST. All your consequences of placing any content solely lie with you and only you. Any complaint received in reference to the content posted by you shall be sole responsibility of you to defend your content any our site.
- All Posts/ threads/ blogs/ uploads/ images/ articles/ newsletters/ members profile once made or created by the member at RTI INDIA including forums, blogs, directory and elsewhere become the integral property of the RTI INDIA website. The content once posted cannot be deleted/edited/modified by the poster except otherwise decided by us. Therefore, the user must be careful before posting any content which may harm him or others in any way during the time of posting or in future. We shall not take any responsibility of any harm which accrues to you or anybody because of the content posted by you. It should be remembered that RTI INDIA is a public forum (unless otherwise decided), and most of the content will be searchable.
While we do not want to limit the spirit of civil disagreement, we reserve the right to decline to publish unacceptable content and to remove it if we find it on the site. We also reserve the right to edit submitted content, as we deem necessary. These edits will typically consist of censoring obscene or inappropriate language and correcting bad language, or anything which is in contravention to the forum rules, terms, Privacy and interest of the website.
There are many contents which we from time to time decide about its acceptability, as listed below:
- Statements that are made and are intended as a personal attack or are abusive, harassing, or threatening. Any sort of disguise posting to attempt such acts shall also be considered as against this forum rule.
- Any content is seemingly written to defame, belittle, inflame, irritate, in the nature of grievance settlement, knowingly false statements or are based on facts which cannot be verified by us.
- Information about another user or another individual who is not represented at the forum to defend, or his right to privacy may be affected.
- Irrelevant statements, SPAM, or unsolicited advertising.
- Materials that violate the copyright, trademark, or trade secret rights of others that are not otherwise authorized by law, such as fair use
- Statements that trick or attempt to entice users into visiting a potentially malicious, harmful, external link or downloading a piece of malware
- Notwithstanding anything contained above, any content which according to our understanding shall harm the reputation of our website
- Site administrators and/or moderators shall determine what is “unacceptable content” on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to change these standards at any time. We also reserve the right to remove links to unacceptable off-site content at any time.
- No request of for editing/deleting/modifying the post/thread/attachment would be entertaining on normal circumstances. On exceptional cases, the moderators exercise the rights to do the needful on their full discretion. All such requests would only be processed in minimum 3 working days or by the time specified explicitly by the team members by email communication within three days of receipt of the request. All such request should be addressed to moderators of the forum. In case no reply is received from the forum, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RTI India forums and Blogs cannot be used to Name any person in particular. Especially, we do not allow posting of the name of Public Information officers / Appellate Authorities / Information Commissioners or others except as otherwise require to bring out the content.
- Also, we do not allow discussions on the personal competence of CIC/ Information Commissioner and any remarks on individual decision making of Public Information Officer/ Officers/ CIC/ Information Commissioner or Hon'ble Judges, however discussions on the decisions is allowed to an extent to bring out the critical analysis on the issue. All posts should be made, as far as possible with an intention of bringing only the content and matter related to Right to Information Act. We strongly discourage any posts content propagating in contravention to above and we actively pursue moderating such posts made by anybody over our site.
- We do not allow terms for example like 'Officer is corrupt', 'Public Information Officer do not know this', 'the Decision is wrong' e.t.c which are allegations and presumptions in nature. No Post shall be made alleging Officer, Organisation, department, Ministries, Individuals in any manner. There are multiple instances, when email contents are posted over our website with personal allegations, and are being quoted at our site supporting documents for post being made. No such methods of disguise posting which is in the nature of allegations shall be allowed.
- RTI India cannot be used as platform by any means to demean Central / State or any other Government bodies, Ministry, Department, Office, Officer nor our portal is meant for crusade against them.
- RTI India does not support any campaign against corruption or otherwise nor does any movement against the Government, Organisation, Ministries, Department, Units, Government Officers, Government Servants, or any Official or individual citizen.
- We do not allow posting of telephone numbers, postal address, email address or any other personal details of either the poster or of any other in the forums, Blogs, Guide or any other public accessible place. Any personal communications to be made can be done through the use of Private Messages or through email system of RTI India. The RTI INDIA team will actively pursue removal of such details. Because of the sheer number of posts, it may not be possible to moderate all the posts, and therefore, each member is requested to report posts and content which breaks the rules.
- No external links to any sites is allowed at the portal. We also do not allow external site links in the signatures for registered members. if we find any external link posted in the signature or in the forum post we would delete it with or without notice. Members cannot post external links to any site which are flaming, inflammatory, dis-respectful, which are in the nature of allegations or against individual(s). Only helpful links which help in RTI knowledge can be posted after explicit approval of the RTI INDIA Team. No appeal lies to restore or insert any links over any part of the website.
- No advertisements either in the post nor in the signature.
- No selling of material, books or any other thing which indicates any commercial motives, without explicit permission from RTI India team.
- All posts should be made in the name of the author. However, we do allow users to keep it's privacy intact in so far as public posting is concerned. However, our system tracks the IP address of your network, to keep record of your activities. Therefore in case of any violation of any Government rules and regulations, we have the technologies and competence to track the IP address and location thereof of the user and would cooperate with the legal authorities for the same.
- No blaming, abuse and no arguments.
- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site team via PM or write to us here email@example.com. Also we do not permit rating or comparison with other sites. We however, let members critically review, evaluate and help us improve with our own standards and previous status.
- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
- No "Flaming". Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
- No "Trolling". Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.
- No "Spamming". Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site with the same message. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or "install" count.
- No "Bumping" (Your threads/posts): Please do not repeatedly bump your threads to try and get attention. Most members of the site are not online 24 hours a day and so will not see your post the instant it is made. Do not bump a thread within 24 hours, and not more than twice a week.
- No "Bumping" (Other's threads/posts): Before replying to a thread, take notice of the last post date. Try and avoid replying to posts more than 6 months old. If you have a similar question and cannot find the answer, create your own thread.
- No Offensive Material: Please do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise violate of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
- Please note that this is a PG-13 rated site and therefore is meant to suitable for all ages, including under 13s with parental guidance/permission.
- No spreading of any copyrighted material is to take place on this site without the express permission of the copyright holder, which must be attached to the material.
- No Trading: This site is not a marketplace.
- No posting messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, MLM, activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion).
- All the Blog Posts may be moderated before they are published. All blogs should follow the above guidelines. There should be no mention of names of Public Information Officer, officers, individuals in the post, it should be related to the RTI, we do not allow public mobilization, news posting, and flaming at any blog. We reserve the right to approve, delete, edit, modify the content and attachment of the blog post. Similarly, all blog comments are moderated and are subject to moderation by our team members.
- All Uploads made at the Directory segment need to follow guidelines mentioned in the directory segment.
- RTI INDIA Owners, Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to promote any content posted in the website to law segment, blogs, social networking sites and in articles without any notice. However, on request or complaint, the same would be modified, deleted or severed according to the wisdom of RTI INDIA owners, administrators or moderators.
- All news comments may be moderated before they are published and are subject to the above guidelines enforced by our moderator team
- Members are requested to bring into our notice any posts made in contravention of these rule as soon as possible. We reserve the right to moderate, edit, modify, and delete the threads and Posts with or without informing the thread/post owners or others.
We also reserve the right to warn, give infractions, Publicly give warning, Ban or even delete the Member in case the Forum Rule is broken or is believe to threaten the peace of the community and existence of website cause or otherwise. No appeal lies after the decision is made either to Site Administrators, other 3rd Parties to restore the Thread/Post/Member.
If any of the above guidelines are not followed by any of the RTI India members, we reserve the right to delete, split, warn, or edit the post or ban or delete the member itself. If you find any violation of above terms kindly report to us at the form available at the website, personal message to the member, by sending a message to @rtiindia at twitter or if above methods fail, directly writing to us at [admin AT rtiindia.org]
You should read our User Agreement in conjunction with the forum rules for using our site. If you do not agree to above rules, you are advised not to register an account with us and to leave the website with immediate effect.
RTI India Team