Department of Urban Local Bodies, Chandigarh, Delay in Reply

soni.rajender

Question

soni.rajender

Dear Team

The Municipal Council, Rewari is not paying attention towards my street, even the basic facilities like street lights, drainage etc. is not there, I requested the Municipal Council, Rewari many times.

After this I submit two grievances in the website of Urban Local Bodies department, Haryana.

Then, I sent an application to the Principal Secretary to Govt., Department of Urban Local Bodies, mentioning the problems in my street. To this they don't revert.

On 19 Sep 2013, I filed an RTI with the Department of Urban Local bodies, Haryana, asking for the information on my two grievances submitted in their website along with the action done on the application sent. (copy attached)

On 19 Oct 2013, I received a notice from Department of Urban Local Bodies, Chandigarh, marked to the Municipal Council, Rewari under section 5(4)(5) of the RTI act with a cc to me (copy attached).

Please suggest what I will have to do now, I think the timelines to transfer the RTI application was already over, so should I forward the first appeal.

Sir, one more thing, the first appeal for Municipal Council, Rewari goes to City Magistrate, Rewari, while the first appeal for Department of Urban Local Bodies go to Chandigarh, So whom should I mark the first appeal.

Regards

Rajender Soni

Notice - Urban Local Bodies.pdf

RTI - Urban Local Bodies.pdf

7 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Your appeal must be addressed to the FAA of MC Rewari. Wait till 18 Nov 13 + 5 days [for postal delays] and if you don't get a decision from the PIO of MC Rewari, prefer first appeal.

You can make a First Appeal against before the First Appellate Authority of Department of Urban Local Bodies airing your grievances of not transferring the RTI Application within 5 days of its receipt in PIOs office. Follow with Second Appeal before SIC.

RTI TIME SCHEDULE :

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attachments/rti-news-discussion/4475d1311826926-rti-fails-recover-file-lost-govt-red-tapism-time_schedules_under_rti.pdf

HOW TO FILE FIRST APPEAL [CENTRAL/STATE] BY jps50

How to write First Appeal under RTI? - Guide AND http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attach...nformation.doc

FIRST APPEAL FOR NO REPLY by jps50

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1877-first-appeal-non-reply-rti-application.html

soni.rajender

Dear Team

Thanks for the revert,

As per your advice, I am going to file first appeal with the FAA of the Department of Local bodies, as the RTI application was not transferred on time. I have send by speed post on 19 Sep 13 and I have received their notice that the RTI was transferred to Municipal Council, Rewari on 19 Oct 2013.

Please suggest what prayers I can ask the FAA to provide.

Regards

Rajender Soni

harinder dhingra

A funny situation has arisen as far as Rewari Municipal Council is concerned. The Hon'ble FAA in the case of Rewari Municipal Council is City Magistrate, Rewari BUT the same City Magistrate is SPIO of the office of deputy Commissioner, Rewari.

I have raised this issue with Chief Secretary,Department of Local Bodies & Haryana SIC as same person can not be SPIO & FAA even if it is for different departments.

Let us see better sense prevails.

harinder dhingra

soni.rajender

Dear Team

I am confused - can We file two first appeals for a RTI application.

1. In the above case, I file my first appeal for not transferring the application within the time limit of 5 days.

2. After completion of 30 days from 19 Oct, I submit another first appeal for not getting information.

I am sure that Municipal Council, Rewari, will not revert on the RTI application forwarded to them by the Department of Urban Local Bodies, Chandigarh.

Please suggest.

Regards

Rajender Soni

harinder dhingra

Dear Mr Rajender,

Do not be confused. Confusion is the first step to defeat.

1) Yes, Please file first appeal against the SPIO who has not transferred the RTI application within mandated 5 days under Section 6(3) of RTI Act 2005 and in your case is Department of local bodies, Chandigarh;

2) Yes You have understood well that you have to file first appeal before FAA cum CTM, Rewari for non furnishing of information as stipulated under Section 7(1) of RTI Act 2005 and same is considered deemed denial of information as stipulated under Section 7(2) of RTI Act 2005;

I am sorry but you are wrong in assuming that Municipal Council, Rewari wll not provide information on transfered application (of Yours) by Department of local bodies, Chandigarh. This is not the case.

Follow the above procedure and see the results. State of RTI implementation in Haryana is far better than anywhere else. Have Faith.

harinder dhingra