Jump to content
  • 0

RTI from a private tea company

Anonymous 1963


Anonymous 1963

I would like to know if an individual can ask for information from a private tea company regarding deductions made from the workers salary to pay compensation to a deceased manager's family who was burnt alive by the workers of the plantation and how to go about the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

As far as RTI Act is concerned a Citizen can seek information from Public Authority only. I am afraid that this kind of information can not be statutorily solicited from a Private company.

Some how, the information should be linked to Public Authority to get information from Private Authority. One has to explore alternate avenues, just like the one complaining to Labour dept., that management has deducted compensation amount from their salaries, as the case is of criminal nature through Police asking them as to the truth in the claim, seeking information from dependent's of deceased manager's family, seeking information from Bank as the amount deducted is of larger public interest etc.,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy