Enrollment of Voter ID

targettotask

Question

targettotask

I would like to share my experience about RTI act. I used this act addressing to Chief Electoral officer, Hyderabad, asking information about my voter card status filled through Welcome to the Official Website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Andhra Pradesh link. I received information that my online application was rejected because of I have already enrolled in 70-Secunderabad constituency, at D.No.12-11-1520 as per electoral database.

Initially I have enrolled my voter card in 2009 at D.No.11-4-656/A, Khairatabad, under Nampally constituency, I received card and casted vote in 2009 general elections. In 2011 I shifted my address from Nampally constituency to Secunderabad constituency, In may 2014 AP is going for assembly election, hence I searched my name in Electoral database but it was deleted. Know I have evidence that I have enrolled my voter card at D.no.12-11-1559/A, 70-Secunderabad Constituency & I never stayed at D.no.12-11-1520. Public information officer of electoral database has given false information even though I haven't stayed at D.no.12-11-1520, Secunderabad,know I have not received my voter card due to above reasons.

Please tell me how to proceed for next appellate authority and how to get voter card to my existing address which was rejected.

Regards

K Ramesh

1 answer to this question

• Super Moderator

You have to file a first appeal under Sec 19(1) of the RTI Act on the grounds of "misleading and incorrect information". It has to be filed with the first appellate authority - details will be available on the website of the CEO, Hyderabad, under the RTI link.

It has to be filed within 30 days of receiving the RTI reply from the PIO.

The links available on the home page will be useful to you:

RTI INDIA - Your right to know - the Compete Right to Information Portal of India