problem in filing online rti toll tax.

prakhanp

Question

Hie, I want to file an RTI to regarding toll tax being on one of a National Highway through rtionline.gov.in. The problem is that i am unable to select the Ministry/Department/Apex body from which i should demand the same. Should i select central board of direct taxes or department of revenue or department of financial services. please help...:(

1 answer to this question

Hie, I want to file an RTI to regarding toll tax being on one of a National Highway through rtionline.gov.in. The problem is that i am unable to select the Ministry/Department/Apex body from which i should demand the same. Should i select central board of direct taxes or department of revenue or department of financial services. please help...:(

Hi prakhanp,

Welcome to RTI INDIA

Select Ministry of Road Transport & Highways

Before that, read the following documents. You may not need to file RTI.

National Highways Act, 1956 (48 of 1956) and National Highways Fee (Determination of Rates and Collection) Rules, 2008 and amends.

http://nhai.org/RTIA/annex%20III/051208.pdf

http://nhai.org/RTIA/annex%20III/031210.pdf

Print Release

http://www.nhai.org/tollfee/Laxmipuram.pdf

Also read the proactive disclosure [sec4(1)(b)(v)] of the NHAI for the rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by

it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions; at Welcome to NHAI

To know more about RTI,

Go through Guide section to know abc of RTI Rules & Fees.

Centre & States have different Rules.

In this august forum, feel free to clarify your doubt on RTI matters.

You may encounter the following abbreviations during your search/observations, described in simple form without technical details.

PA : Public Authority > The Organization/Department which possesses the information.

PIO : Public Information Officer > to whom you may apply for information. Under section 6(1), apply with prescribed fees (Rules & Fees) & wait for 30(48 hrs for life & liberty) days + postal delay.

FAA : First Appellate Authority > If you did not get any reply or the reply is not satisfactory, you may Appeal to FAA u/s 19(1). Wait for 30 (45 for other reasons) + postal delay.

IC : Information Commission; CIC for central Govt/PSUs, SIC for State Govt/PSUs.> last step in the process, where you need to appeal u/s 19(3), within 90 days of decision of FAA.

U/s 18(1), you may Complain directly to CIC, where you did not get any reply from PIO/ got misleading/False/Incomplete Information. Also you may complain where PA doesn’t have any PIO or never displays/updates RTI information on it’s website.

The Act is in simple form. Just have a look to epitomize the sections.

You may download various Orders of Information Commissions, High Courts & Supreme Court.

Regards

R K Mishra